PDA

View Full Version : Tennis books and videos.

Aykhan Mammadov
03-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Once I bought Borg-McEnroe 1980 Wimby on 2 tapes. It was very boring if not to take into account some moments and minutes mostly in the end of sets, also quality was not good.

Then I bought Great Wimb rivalries, also wasn't so interesting.

Then I spent money for Bollettieri's Bollistick Backhand, then Allen Fox's Ultimate lessons and etc...

I'm talking here what I bought from TW. Take into consideration that I'm receiving everything from TW through ocean and Europe to Azerbaijan in Cauacasus mountains.

Shortly, I have negative experience with purchasing of tennis videos. My personal recorded matches and parts are much more interesting.

So, let's share here. Did u ever buy VHS or DVD u enjoyed ? At my level of play I don't need video teaching techniques of shots, may be tactics or strategies, or simply great matches, interviews, stories and etc. u really enjoyed ?

Do u know great tennis books, no matter what about but u enjoyed really ?

TommyGun
03-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Kings of the Court, which I am not sure if it is available here. If not it is available thru Tennis Week. Mine came with additional footage of all-time tennis greats playing at the 1926 US Open and recorded by the USLTA (now USTA). I get some great insight watching this stuff all the time, especially the serve portions.

I was not overwhelmed with the overall quality, but the Oscar Wegner videos aren't too bad.

As for books, there is a thread under tennis instruction to read. All the books you would ever need are listed there.

I've been to Azerbaijan, so I know how interesting it must be to be a tennis player way the heck out where you are Aykhan. YOU truly are what we would say is a dedicated tennis player.

Aykhan Mammadov
03-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Tommy when did u visit Azerbaijan ?

TommyGun
03-27-2005, 06:59 AM
I was there in 2001 just post 9/11. A couple of days, in and out. Very interesting and beautiful country.

Had I known you then, I probably would have emailed you and looked you up.

Aykhan Mammadov
03-27-2005, 08:02 AM
For these 4 years reasonable changes happened, I mean in economy. Thousands of new buildings. Tennis, of course, is not developed here at all.

If by any reason and somewhen it happened u are planning visit here let me know by e-mail, we'll meet and have a match.