PDA

View Full Version : Aussie hat

goober
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Anyone try these? Do these hats work well for sun protection? The brims don't wide enough.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/ProductImages/AUS.JPG

max
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
They work; I can't speak for this model, though. I'm not much of a hat wearer.

Babolittle
07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm a regular tournament player in the 60's division. I've been using a cotton Wilson Aussie hat with a two-inch brim. In fact, I have two of them, so I can switch at every change. I wear one while the other dries in the sun.

I bought the Tourna Aussie Hat this spring. I was attracted to it because the material looked to be like my son's baseball-style Babolat hat. It won't retain moisture the way cotton does.

Trouble is, it only comes in Large, and I need medium. I had to send it back, and go back to the Wilson hats.

Anyone know how I can get an Aussie hat made out of modern fabric, in size medium? Also, for old times sake, I'd like a button on the top.

Thanks.

Capt. Willie
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm having visions of playing tennis with the Skipper and Mary Ann.

rk_sports
07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
For too hot conditions, I would rather have the type Lendl wore.. regular cap with a flap over the neck ;) .. though I never saw them in stores .. lol

WildVolley
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
For too hot conditions, I would rather have the type Lendl wore.. regular cap with a flap over the neck ;) .. though I never saw them in stores .. lol

These are available. I sometimes wear one made by Outdoor Research. I think it is called the Sun Runner hat or something. They are usually marketed as glacier or safari hats. You can get them at REI.