PDA

View Full Version : Tennis outift survey

schap02
07-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Ok so just a few questions here aboiut tennis outfits...

What is it about women's USTA teams where each season they designate two team colors and everyone must wear those colors the entire season?

Do you match your shoes to your tennis outfits?

Best type of Compression shorts for comfort?

Do you match your overgrips to your racquet/string color?

Do you match your brand ov vib dampener w/ your brand of racquet? (yes I've seen and heard people do this!)

Feel free to add questions as we go...

ringer
07-09-2009, 05:14 PM
What is it about women's USTA teams where each season they designate two team colors and everyone must wear those colors the entire season?

They do? I guess a couple of the teams I've been on have designated colors, but I wore whatever I wanted. I don't believe its a requirement.

Do you match your shoes to your tennis outfits? sometimes. I like to coordinate when I can.

Best type of Compression shorts for comfort? I don't like the compression shorts, I wear the panies and don't buy skirts that have attatched comp shorts.

Do you match your overgrips to your racquet/string color? No, my string only comes in white. And I only use a certain type of overgrips, so I'm limited to what they offer.

Do you match your brand ov vib dampener w/ your brand of racquet? (yes I've seen and heard people do this!)don't use a dampener

Feel free to add questions as we go...[/QUOTE]

Muse
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM

I'm not even sure what you're talking about so I cant say.

I own two pairs of shoes, the white and black Breathe Free 2's which go with everything and the Charcoal and Pink CB 1.3's which match nothing except that pink polo which I don't own, so I guess the answer is no.

I don't know, never worn any but I imagine Under Armour would be a solid choice for stuff like that.

Not really. I use tournagrip and I've never owned a blue racquet before. I have matched the colors of my string to the colors of my racquet though.

Do you match your brand ov vib dampener w/ your brand of racquet? (yes I've seen and heard people do this!)

No, I use the Pete Sampras "O" thingy. Matching the dampener with the brand of racquet isn't that crazy though, I think (at least back in the day) a lot of companies gave you a free dampener with your racquet. That's how my Head Speed Pros are, they have a Head logo dampener that kinda jives with the colors of the racquet.

babolatboy12
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM
idk
sometimes, but i usually just wear my newest shoes
nike and under armour
overgrips to racket
Do you match your brand ov vib dampener w/ your brand of racquet?dont use one but if i do, yeah

[d]ragon
07-10-2009, 01:03 AM

Dont know anything about this

I choose my shoe color so I like them and will pretty much work well with anything I wear

Would like to know this myself. I'm debating between UA compression shorts or UA boxer briefs

I match my string color to my racquet but most strings come in white or silver so it doesn't really matter. I only use white overgrips and white pretty much looks good with any racquet color

Nope because I use regular rubber bands from Office Depot. Other than because their cheap, don't pop off, and dampen pretty well, I also chose to use these because they are brandless and I can use them on any racquet.

Here are some questions of my own:

Do you match the brands of the clothing and shoes you wear? Yes, or wear brands of clothes that aren't 'conflicting' or competing: 'neutral' brands LOL

Do you wear the same brand of shoes and socks? Yes. Also sometimes where unbranded socks

Are you ok with people wearing two different colors of wrist bands? I don't see why not as long as they sweat alot on both arms.

Are you bothered when people wear bandanas/headbands but don't have long hair or sweat alot? Yes, bandana/headbands are for keeping hair and sweat out of the eyes

Yes, I like to match my stuff as best as I can or use "neutral" brands and neutral colors alot so that I don't always have to worry about matching. I'm crazy OCD like that :)

LetFirstServe
07-10-2009, 02:07 PM

That makes things easier I guess.

I might have only 1-2 outfits that matches the shoes at one time, I matched my outfit with my Propulse 2's, that means there will be times my shoes wont match.

Nope.

Yup, but most of the time its mostly white.

Nah I don't care for dampners and thinking of switching to plain elastic bands

shell
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM

1. IDY, I wouldn't mind too much if the colors were basic and something everyone already owned and didn't have to buy. But I prefer to wear what I want, and have never played on an "outfit" team.

2. Yes, I actually do like my shoes to match as much as possible. I rotate about 3 pairs at a time, so usually that is not a problem.

3. Don't wear compression shorts unless they are already built into the skort. Mostly I wear shorts.

4. No, don't worry about overgrip color, more about the characteristics of the overgrip (right amount of tacky and absorption)

5. I currently use the Sampras O rings, so it's either red or black. That happens to be quite nice for the two racquets that I use. But it is not intended to match. I find the brand damps to not work as nice, so I don't use them.

schap02
07-11-2009, 08:11 AM
I'll first respond to my own post...

Never been on a team that needed to match, just drink.

I do not match any string/grip combinations but I do only buy certain grips in certain colors because of past experiences (certain colors of super grap rub off on your hand...)

I use the babolat dampeners, used to use the sampras O's but too hard to find...

Nike and UA Compressions although a ton of friends wear the Wal-Mart cheapies and swear by them...

schap02
07-11-2009, 08:13 AM
ragon;3676903']Here are some questions of my own:

Do you match the brands of the clothing and shoes you wear? Yes, or wear brands of clothes that aren't 'conflicting' or competing: 'neutral' brands LOL

Do you wear the same brand of shoes and socks? Yes. Also sometimes where unbranded socks

Are you ok with people wearing two different colors of wrist bands? I don't see why not as long as they sweat alot on both arms.

Are you bothered when people wear bandanas/headbands but don't have long hair or sweat alot? Yes, bandana/headbands are for keeping hair and sweat out of the eyes

Yes, I like to match my stuff as best as I can or use "neutral" brands and neutral colors alot so that I don't always have to worry about matching. I'm crazy OCD like that :)

Don't alwayss match brands but most guys do - its seems that all the brands "fit together" like with all the cuts and what not...

I make fun of people constantly on the courts so yes any excuse to make fun of people...

Two different colors of wristies is not a good idea but then again, do what you got to do to win...

ckledzepplin
07-11-2009, 10:12 AM
-What is it about women's USTA teams where each season they designate two team colors and everyone must wear those colors the entire season?
i don't know anything about that

-Do you match your shoes to your tennis outfits?
No, but I have a few outfits that match.

-Best type of Compression shorts for comfort?
I don't wear them so I don't know

-Do you match your overgrips to your racquet/string color?
No

-Do you match your brand ov vib dampener w/ your brand of racquet? (yes I've seen and heard people do this!)
no, cause I use the sampras O, and I doubt unique make a pete sampras raqcuet

-Do you match the brands of the clothing and shoes you wear?
I usually match brands of clothes

-Do you wear the same brand of shoes and socks? I usually wear unbranded socks

-Are you ok with people wearing two different colors of wrist bands?
Ya

brinkeguthrie
07-11-2009, 12:32 PM

huh?

always
na
that's a little obsessive IMO
see above

-Do you match the brands of the clothing and shoes you wear?
always

-Do you wear the same brand of shoes and socks? I usually wear unbranded socks
sometimes just all white, roll 'em way down, two pair, thick

-Are you ok with people wearing two different colors of wrist bands?
na, don't wear 'em.

Blade0324
07-13-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm surprised that no one knows anything about womens' teams doing matching colors etc. Around here most of the womens' teams not only go with the same colors but they actually go to the local shops before the season and select skirts and shirts that they want and then the whole team orders them and they wear the exact same thing. This is not all of the teams but many of them do this. My wifes team actually has matching pink shirts with a skull on them that has braided pigtails coming off the skull and then crossed tennis racquets instead of cross bones below it. It's pretty funny and they get a lot of comments about them.

Rhinosaur
07-30-2009, 11:21 AM

What is it about women's USTA teams where each season they designate two team colors and everyone must wear those colors the entire season? Not sure.

Do you match your shoes to your tennis outfits? I have a white pair of shoes and a black pair. Sometimes I'll try to match, sometimes I'll wear whatever pair I wasn't using the day before if I played a lot.

Best type of Compression shorts for comfort? Prefer Under Armour over Nike.

Do you match your overgrips to your racquet/string color? No.

Do you match your brand ov vib dampener w/ your brand of racquet? (yes I've seen and heard people do this!) No.

Answered above. In short, I try to match colors when possible, but not brands. I wear Reebok shirts, addidas wristbands, Prince racket, Babolat strings, Gamma vibrasorb, Babolat grip, Kswiss shoes, Under Armour socks, headband and shorts -- I'm all over the place.