PDA

View Full Version : 2hbh or 1hbh

itracbui3
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
i started out with a 1hbh but my coach said that 2hbh is more suitable for beginners so i was trained with 2hbh for a year but the last couple of months, i switched back to 1hbh and find that it has great angle and i can control it well. i just have trouble with high balls on the 1hbh. should i stick to 1hbh or go with 2hbh? and if i should stick with 1hbh what should i do with those high balls on the backhand side?

plowmanjoe
07-07-2009, 08:37 PM
do what your coach says. he obviously is in a better position to give you advice since he knows your game and capabilities. 95% of the time, i'd say 2 handed backhand.

aimr75
07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
do what you feel is better for you.. its not impossible to learn the 1 hander, just keep at it..

LeeD
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
The choice is solely yours, so make it.
I can tell you all about life and what you should do, but you won't listen to me, so why would you listen to me when I tell you about tennis?
Use both.

CHOcobo
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
yes in some cases you can use both... i do.

but having problems hitting a high ball with the 1bh is normal. it's one of the disadvantages of 1hb. you can change to 2bh there.

ultimately do whatever that comforts you most.

masterxfob
07-08-2009, 11:35 AM
i teach beginners to use a 2hbh because they lack the arm strength and coordination to hit a 1hbh initially. once they are able to make solid contact with the ball, and have a good fluid motion, then it's up to them if they want to use a 1hbh.

as for high shots to a 1hbh, i use a chopping bh volley motion with little backswing to keep the return low.