PDA

View Full Version : keziel juneau

thejackal
07-08-2009, 04:08 AM
I drew him this week at an open tournament. he plays #1 singles for william and mary. anybody's actually played against him here?

http://www.collegetennisonline.com/CollegeofWilliamandMary-W-Tennis/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=37387

jaggy
07-09-2009, 07:30 AM
His young brothers headed to Indiana, thats all I know.

serveitup911
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
I saw him play during my playing days at Furman. I never played him, but have watched him play some matches when we were at Regional tournaments. He is fast as lightning and super-athletic, but does not have anything that can hurt really good players. He wins most matches through counterpunching. He always seemed to be a nice guy on and off the court.

Spatula
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I live in Willyburg and have watched him play quite a bit. Strong/athletic kid, consistent serve...very fast around the court. No real go to weapon to speak of but he hits all his shot very clean, deep and again consistantly.

I'd play first strike tennis against him personally. If he gives you anything short or opens to your weapon take advantage and go for the shot. The longer the rally goes the more it favors him.

good luck!

Spatula
10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Just noticed, your post was way old....

Fedace
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM

I think the NCAA is full of players of his type. Very nice athletic game but no weapons that can make it in the tour..

Clemson_tennis
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I saw him play once against Carlos Alvarez of Clemson. Alvarez was an ultimate grinder (5'8 Bolivian who hit major topspin). Alvarez beat him with long rallies

thejackal
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Lmao ya I got 1 game off him. he showed up with 1 racket in his right hand and a pita wrap in his left. warmups went well but then basically there was nothing I can do. think the first point I won was in the 3rd game, he came to net and I hit a dipper right on his shoelace that he couldnt handle. his serve was crazy, first serves I had to guess which side, second serves were up above my head, and Im 6'2

got a game cuz he netted the ball on 3 service returns. cool guy. if I could compete with him, Id be playing D1 too.