PDA

View Full Version : Rick Macci is at it again

Tennis_Bum
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Here we go. The scariest little creature on the tennis court line sells anything. Parents eat that line up. These parents come from Australia. Man, that's a long way to Florida. Would it make sense to have to kid train in Australia to see how the kid develops and goes from there. The kid is only 4.

Here is the linkl http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/31780569#31780569.

Is it really too early to tell about the kid's real ability any way? What do you experts think about it?

Thanks

downthewall
07-09-2009, 01:21 PM
he seems like a scam artist

TnsMan2
07-09-2009, 01:30 PM
solid for 4 years old hand -eye is great if they stay with it do it right the skies the limit!

downthewall
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
yea, shes cute too.

TennisCoachFLA
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Rick does that every few months to get press. If you check the Sonya Kenin video, the tennis wunderkids video, and the you tube video, he calls each of them the "scariest little creatures I have ever seen".

He has been scamming for 10 years now, go check out his Monica Viele predictions. Every one is a can't miss. There are dozens of examples of him pulling this same gag.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/17/sports/tennis-14-year-old-may-sue-over-locked-pro-courts.html

Madhoshi22
07-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Rick does that every few months to get press. If you check the Sonya Kenin video, the tennis wunderkids video, and the you tube video, he calls each of them the "scariest little creatures I have ever seen".

He has been scamming for 10 years now, go check out his Monica Viele predictions. Every one is a can't miss. There are dozens of examples of him pulling this same gag.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/17/sports/tennis-14-year-old-may-sue-over-locked-pro-courts.html

Now she's a singer apparently.

http://www.myspace.com/momov

TennisCoachFLA
07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Now she's a singer apparently.

http://www.myspace.com/momov

Yes, Viele tried some lower level pro events, she was 5-11 before her mysterious wrist injury.

Macci cracks me up, the parents just happen to have the money to take an entire month off, fly from Australia, and pay Rick's huge fees. All these scary creatures just happen to have some parents who can pay the fees.

Its hard to predict a can't miss pro player but I have heard Nick B. say one thing over and over....look at their fathers. See if there are at least some decent genetics so you can have the hope the kid will grow up tall and strong and compete in the game of the future. That dad is a little guy and looks very soft.

Predicting a certain pro career for a 4 year old is silly....predicting a pro career for a 4 year old with a smallish daddy is nonsensical, she could easily end up 5'1 for goodness sakes.

Tennis_Bum
07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, Viele tried some lower level pro events, she was 5-11 before her mysterious wrist injury.

Macci cracks me up, the parents just happen to have the money to take an entire month off, fly from Australia, and pay Rick's huge fees. All these scary creatures just happen to have some parents who can pay the fees.

Its hard to predict a can't miss pro player but I have heard Nick B. say one thing over and over....look at their fathers. See if there are at least some decent genetics so you can have the hope the kid will grow up tall and strong and compete in the game of the future. That dad is a little guy and looks very soft.

Predicting a certain pro career for a 4 year old is silly....predicting a pro career for a 4 year old with a smallish daddy is nonsensical, she could easily end up 5'1 for goodness sakes.

I don't know, but somehow Macci continues to amaze me though. He manages to draw a lot of attention from parents who have money. I know of a father who flies his son to Florida from, I believe, Pasadena to train with Macci. The kid may be around 8 or 9 by now or even 10. Yes, he's also one of the scariest little creatures with a tennis racket. Parents eat up that line like fillet mignon, figuratively. I got to give it to the guy though, he's good at convincing folks with money to his academy. I am sure it's not cheap. But I guess money is no object when you have one of "the scariest creatures with a tennis racket" as your son or daughter.

But again, to assess the kid's potential at 4 years of age very close to playing the lotto. A lot of things can and do happen between 4 to the time they are eligible to play pro.

TennisCoachFLA
07-10-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't know, but somehow Macci continues to amaze me though. He manages to draw a lot of attention from parents who have money. I know of a father who flies his son to Florida from, I believe, Pasadena to train with Macci. The kid may be around 8 or 9 by now or even 10. Yes, he's also one of the scariest little creatures with a tennis racket. Parents eat up that line like fillet mignon, figuratively. I got to give it to the guy though, he's good at convincing folks with money to his academy. I am sure it's not cheap. But I guess money is no object when you have one of "the scariest creatures with a tennis racket" as your son or daughter.

But again, to assess the kid's potential at 4 years of age very close to playing the lotto. A lot of things can and do happen between 4 to the time they are eligible to play pro.

He also has moved his academy once again, now to the Boca Grande Resort. Same deal, the tennis resorts in this very competitive area, are sold that the Macci academy will attract big tourist numbers. Of course it only gets the academy some students and not the resort tons of tourists.....so off he goes to the next one after a while.

Once again with these videos, did you see where the balls ended up? No. Could we judge consistency or pace? No. Did she serve, the ultimate test of a child's total body coordination? No. I have a daughter who is 4 years 9 months and serves 6 of 10 into the box with pace, from the service line.....and hits topspin forehands and backhands from the baseline like rockets that hit cones placed a foot inside the opposite baseline. Its neat, but meaningless in the big picture and silly to put on TV and claim greatness. No offense but she is light years ahead of this girl, taller and a more muscular build. Again, predictions are silly at this age.

She would not know Wimbledon from Barney because I don't spoon feed her this nonsense, and for all I know she may not want to pursue tennis as her chosen career.

Rob_C
07-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Im feeling those pics on MySpace though. Cant lie.

TennisCoachFLA
07-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Im feeling those pics on MySpace though. Cant lie.

She was going to be the first tennis star/super model her marketers said!

120mphBodyServe
07-10-2009, 04:16 AM
LOL These parents are complete idiots...
Why the hell do they have to go to the USA, when we already have excellent coaches right here in Australia???
*sigh*
Complete... Idiots...!!!!!

atatu
07-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Macci wasn't the only one sold on Viele, Nick B was the first guy to praise her and predict that she would be great.

SoCal10s
07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
fill me in,is Rick Macci such a bad guy? I heard he did so much for the Williams sisters and other WTA pros.. why all the neg. post on him? is he just a salesman ? what about Nick B? same? I know Robert L is a great hands on no BS coach.. are these guys different?

Tennis_Bum
07-10-2009, 09:41 PM
fill me in,is Rick Macci such a bad guy? I heard he did so much for the Williams sisters and other WTA pros.. why all the neg. post on him? is he just a salesman ? what about Nick B? same? I know Robert L is a great hands on no BS coach.. are these guys different?

No need, you decide for yourself. Just look at the facts around you and the things that people post about Macci.

TnsMan2
07-11-2009, 06:04 AM

NO difference just difference styles between them they all have a good eye and to some degree all have a little extra when it comes to tennis ,are there other coaches out their as good yes ? but these put their names on the plate first , and keep showing up with new talent and they put it out there to keep making money . It's called marketing .

SoCal10s
07-11-2009, 06:16 AM
NO difference just difference styles between them they all have a good eye and to some degree all have a little extra when it comes to tennis ,are there other coaches out their as good yes ? but these put their names on the plate first , and keep showing up with new talent and they put it out there to keep making money . It's called marketing .

exactly,so why are these guys here on the blog,talking ***** about the way they do their marketing .. of what I heard,Macci is an OK coach,he can feed ball and fix the players strokes and improve the player... whereas Nick B. has never done that.. he just takes a player who is already good (top ranking)and have them train at his place against others and wait until they become world class...