PDA

View Full Version : Two-Handed juniors

firstserve
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I understand that SocalDominates lost convincingly to AT albeit AT has a much weaker frame than socaldominates. Can you name all the two handers on both sides on the junior circuit? Compare and contrast them and do you think they have a chance to play college tennis? Also, what is the best way to beat these unorthodox players?

SoCalDominates
07-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I understand that SocalDominates lost convincingly to AT albeit AT has a much weaker frame than socaldominates. Can you name all the two handers on both sides on the junior circuit? Compare and contrast them and do you think they have a chance to play college tennis? Also, what is the best way to beat these unorthodox players?

haha u created a thread of how i lost 0 and 0 to AT?? thanks. umm Johnny Wang, Jim Myers, AT, nathan lewis. Those are all that come to mind

SoCal10s
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Mattthew Kandath, Alex Rovello, Andre Dome..
I think Kandath will be going to Stanford next season..

firstserve
07-09-2009, 09:22 PM
There is a huge difference between NL's ball and JW's type of ball. I didn't start this thread because I knew that you lost 0 and 0 I was just wondering if people know strategies on how to beat these type of players. Obviously they are extemely tough to beat if you got double bageled because you lost 7-5 in the third to AM.

SoCal10s
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
There is a huge difference between NL's ball and JW's type of ball. I didn't start this thread because I knew that you lost 0 and 0 I was just wondering if people know strategies on how to beat these type of players. Obviously they are extemely tough to beat if you got double bageled because you lost 7-5 in the third to AM.

when these guys are on their 'A' game,they are hard to beat.. NL hits down the line a lot and takes the ball early... if you have any hope of beating him,you better make him run off the court and hit deep shots so he cannot move in and take the ball early on you.. you need to attack his serve and control the point right from the first hit or else he will do it to you first..

JW is too unpredictable,when he's at his best,he beats Marcos Giron(this guy just won 18s Nats and Ojai interscholastic) and D.McCall( 6-0 at CIF team play-offs )with big shots and he can beat you by slicing and junking you to death (he did this to Reo 6-0,6-2 and NL 6-1,6-1)... so you can pick your poison with him,.. but he's so up and down,if you catch him on a bad day he losses to anyone..

but all in all if you can keep the ball deep against these two-hand both sides player,their creative angles shots are less likely to hurt you.. most 2hbs players hurt you when they take the ball early..

SoCalDominates
07-10-2009, 06:01 AM

Well its not like they all play the same because they have 2 handers. Nathan rips the ball hard but is inconsistent. johnny is smart as hell and moves u everywhere. Anthony just doesnt miss...ever. So they all play different so its not like you can just say because they have two handed forehands you can beat them the same way. The reason i lost so bad to AT was because I played dumb as hell. I missed 34 volleys total. if i had played that way against AM i woulda lost 0 and 0 as well. To beat AT you have to be willing to stay out there for 5 hours and I wasnt because 1) I didnt want to 2) the wear and tear on my legs was getting to me and 3) I had a drivers license test to go take :) which i passed haha but honestly even if i did play well he prolly still woulda beaten me

Kostas
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Isn't this like asking how do you beat someone that uses a 1 handed backhand?

SoCal10s
07-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Isn't this like asking how do you beat someone that uses a 1 handed backhand?

for this ,you would have to ask Nadal...

norcal22
07-11-2009, 08:12 AM
anthony tsodikov, jt nishimura. both very good juniors in norcal