PDA

View Full Version : Why do people prefer the BVs to the CC genius?

Frankauc
07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Why do people prefer the BVs to the CC genius?

The CC geniuses are now on sale at 80$ (some colors), wich is even cheaper than the BVs, but i still see that people tend to recommand the BVs more often.

What is bad about the cc geniusses.?

tomas9848
07-10-2009, 08:14 AM
i like barricades. never tried the genius's

ci2ca
07-10-2009, 01:23 PM
The genius fits kind of funny for most people and the break in period is just god awful painful. But when they do break in...it's a great shoe. And some people just find them ugly. HAha, I love the way they look.

JavierLW
07-10-2009, 01:44 PM

The CC geniuses are now on sale at 80$ (some colors), wich is even cheaper than the BVs, but i still see that people tend to recommand the BVs more often.

The Geniusses look ********, and if you keep buying the BV's you can get a good assortment of colors. (I have 5 now, 2 black, 1 white, 1 blackwhite, and 1 punjab/yellow)

Also stability is an issue with me and the BV's are VERY stable, the geniusses do not look like they are (and from the reviews they dont sound like they are either).

Sure I could try them, maybe I would like them, but I like the Barricades so why bother or take the chance with my ankles or my health?

(plus see the first point, the geniusses are butt ugly and I dont feel like being a fanboy for Djokavic)

The fact that those shows went on sale so quickly why the Barricades have not just go to show they werent as big a sellers even though Adidias probably try to push them hard as some sort of replacement for the Feathers and possibly the Barricades as well.

Frankauc
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
actually i bought the white CC genius (still waiting for them to arrive).

I bought them cause i prefer the look over the BV, and because if the #4 if the world uses them (unlike Nadal with the ballistec, it took a while for him to change, and they arent even the stock ones) it must be a good shoe.....And they are cheap for a pro shoe.

i dont know what you find ugly about the geniuses.

EndLy
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
well djokovic wore the BV's also. lol

comparing the two. the geniuses take a hell of a long time to break in. i've been court playing sets for about 7-8 hours or so and 6-7 hours of casual wear and they're still kind of rough but I can definitely feel them coming along.

the BVs are great. the look is very appealing and people have had great success with them and just keep going back to them.

I probably would've bought another pair but went with the geniuses because it seems like a great deal of people have them now. plus i wanted to try something new.

theaustin09
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
yeah i got to agree i work at a summer camp that focuses on tennis and the geniuses do take a while to break in i am on court about 35 hours a week

on the other hand the barricades are an amazing shoe right out of the box.

I would probally buy another pair of the geniuses cause of the amazing feel after the long break in.
(Just i wouldn't advise wearing these in a tournament brand new it kills the feet)

Blade0324
07-13-2009, 06:17 AM
I normally wear the BV's but tried on the CC a couple of times. The CC are much more narrow, especially in the toe box and no where near as stable as the BV's. IMO the BV are far more comfortable and also better performing. I wouldn't even buy the CC if they were $25.

Frankauc
07-13-2009, 06:42 AM
so i guess Djokovic and Tsonga must have a very good deal with adidas to wear these horrible shoes!

JavierLW
07-13-2009, 07:56 AM
so i guess Djokovic and Tsonga must have a very good deal with adidas to wear these horrible shoes!

That's the case with most professional athletes, which is the reason not to be a big fanboy and copy them.

And maybe stability isnt as much of an issue with them, when they are not playing tennis, they are working out and obviously they are not overweight or anything.

Im 6'0" tall and I have a tendency to roll my ankle when I have mid shoes for some reason. The BV's were the first Mid shoe I found I can wear because of their great stability.

Beauty is in the high of the beholder, but the Geniuses just look cheap and gawdy to me (especially the way the stripes are just cut outs on the side) and they look more like they should be for soccer then tennis.

They are the next step before they start making CROCS style tennis shoes.

(CROCS are butt ugly as well)

The Barricades are the industry standard with Adidas and have been for some time. People buy them because they expect that they are a quality shoe. (not to say that the BVI's may not just totally suck and apparently some versions are better then others to some people)

That's what they've been known for, not just some shoe that some top players wear because they know they will make tons of $$$ off of fanboys. (and not even anyone cool like Agassi or Federer, just some guy that's lucky to get to #4 and was yesterday's flavor of the month.....)

Frankauc
07-13-2009, 09:34 AM
That's the case with most professional athletes, which is the reason not to be a big fanboy and copy them.

And maybe stability isnt as much of an issue with them, when they are not playing tennis, they are working out and obviously they are not overweight or anything.

Im 6'0" tall and I have a tendency to roll my ankle when I have mid shoes for some reason. The BV's were the first Mid shoe I found I can wear because of their great stability.

Beauty is in the high of the beholder, but the Geniuses just look cheap and gawdy to me (especially the way the stripes are just cut outs on the side) and they look more like they should be for soccer then tennis.

They are the next step before they start making CROCS style tennis shoes.

(CROCS are butt ugly as well)

The Barricades are the industry standard with Adidas and have been for some time. People buy them because they expect that they are a quality shoe. (not to say that the BVI's may not just totally suck and apparently some versions are better then others to some people)

That's what they've been known for, not just some shoe that some top players wear because they know they will make tons of $$$ off of fanboys. (and not even anyone cool like Agassi or Federer, just some guy that's lucky to get to #4 and was yesterday's flavor of the month.....)

Dou you really think pro's would wear shoes that dont provide them good stability, comfort, and performance?

look at what nadal did to change for the ballistec...

So a good guess would be that if Djoker or other pros didnt like it, he wouldnt wear it.

and by the way, im 5ft10 , 150lbs. And dont have any problem with stability.

and im no fanboy either, i have wear, babolat shoes, nike shoes, adidas shoes, from feathers to city courts, to all team 3, to air smashes, etc....I dont give so much importance to shoes....

JavierLW
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Dou you really think pro's would wear shoes that dont provide them good stability, comfort, and performance?

look at what nadal did to change for the ballistec...

So a good guess would be that if Djoker or other pros didnt like it, he wouldnt wear it.

and by the way, im 5ft10 , 150lbs. And dont have any problem with stability.

and im no fanboy either, i have wear, babolat shoes, nike shoes, adidas shoes, from feathers to city courts, to all team 3, to air smashes, etc....I dont give so much importance to shoes....

Pro's would wear anything they can get away with if there is a big sack of money involved with it.

Especially those in the situation Joker and Tsongas are in. (possible short lived flavor of the month fame that they need to cash in on NOW!!!)

Besides, by your logic you should realize that they both were using the BV's before (and happened to be using them when they gained their recent fame).

You just want to believe that "ooooo... the pro's are using it, it must mean something......".

Im glad you dont have a problem with stability, some people do however.

If you dont give so much importance to shoes, then why do you wear them? Certainly you're not going to spend $80 on a pair, are you?

You might as well wear CROCS out there then, they are the next best thing. (and some people obviously think they look cool)

Im willing to bet that you are either in high school, or your early 20's?

If where you are going with this is that you're seeing that for around $80 you can get a quality shoe, then the Genius (other then being fugly) might be a good deal. But they got to that point obviously because people like the BV's more.

There's a reason it's on BARRICADE FIVE (5th version), the shoes have their own following that go beyond who happens to be using them.

Even with Nadal and Agassi and Federer, at least Nike had the sense to have them use their own already existing lines of shoes.

They didnt take some flavor of the month #4 player and try to build a new series of shoes around them, that was just dumb. (from a marketing perspective as well as that they are ugly shoes)

Frankauc
07-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Djokovic, flavor of the month? lol. He's out there since a few years and he can beat all the top 3 players. Dont worry for him, he'll bounce back.

I said i dont give so much importance to shoes because i dont care if the outsole will last me a week or two more or less. I donc care if the shoe weight 1 or 2 ounces more or less.....I provide my own stability on court....as long as the shoe hold my ankle like it normally should do...there's no problem there. And im a pretty good player also. I never rolled my ankle playing tennis, never injured myselft. And that's with playing with shoes like city courts, or air smashes....shoes that retail for about 40-70$....The shoe is very rarely a problem if people roll there ankles..

If a top player like Tsonga and Djokovic can play in these shoes (wich are not custom made like the ballistec for nadal) it must be because they are good shoes.
Do you think that nike did well from a marketing point of view with the cotton candy or blue/green/black ballistec? with the nadal polos? I dont think they sold much of it.. A pro wouldnt wear shoes that give them foot problems. That's basic.

the reason im willing to pay 80$ for a pair of shoes is the side protection against slidind (i grow a hole on my left shoe, very fast), and the CC have a great protection pad there. And good look.

look is everything for a lot of people, i dont think you even try them by the way you're speaking.

dr325i
07-14-2009, 06:02 AM
The looks are subjective... But I definitely prefer the look of the B5s over the Geniuses.

I tried the Geniuses and wanted to like them, but what turned me away was:
- the comfort right out of the box. I read somewhere about that seam right above the big toe and when I tried them, I could feel it rubbing against my toe.
- narrowness -- they seemed to be more narrow than the barricades
- stability -- being more narrow, also they felt taller than the barricades. I was concerned about the stability, although, I have no doubts that they are stable shoes
- finally, they felt less deep than the barricades. It felt liek they could easily slip off your feet if not tied very tightly.

I think I am going to stick with the Barricades...

Frankauc
07-14-2009, 06:14 AM
i got my CCgeniuses yesterday. I tried them on and i found that they are stiff out of the box, a little bit narrow as people said, i dont have any issue with stability. But seriously, nothing to complain about, it's like with every shoe, you gotta get use to it. nothing new there, every shoe has a different fit.

im gonna play a tournament match in them tonight

maximo
07-14-2009, 06:38 AM
If a top player like Tsonga and Djokovic can play in these shoes (wich are not custom made like the ballistec for nadal) it must be because they are good shoes.

Well actually, i saw a close up pic of Djokovic in RG, and his CC's had the clay court sole just like on the feathers.

But except for that, it looks pretty much the same as the retail version...

JavierLW
07-14-2009, 07:28 AM
I said i dont give so much importance to shoes because i dont care if the outsole will last me a week or two more or less. I donc care if the shoe weight 1 or 2 ounces more or less.....I provide my own stability on court....as long as the shoe hold my ankle like it normally should do...there's no problem there. And im a pretty good player also. I never rolled my ankle playing tennis, never injured myselft. And that's with playing with shoes like city courts, or air smashes....shoes that retail for about 40-70$....The shoe is very rarely a problem if people roll there ankles..

You keep saying you dont give so much importance to shoes.

Others do, which is why they are going with the BV's.

You answered your own question, congratulations.

What you buy is your own business, obviously many other people feel differently which is why these CROC-like shoes are going for around $80 and the Barricades are still $110.

Professional tennis players have been using BV's for over a year now. Maybe the Geniuscroc's are good enough for them to wear as well, but that doesnt mean they are better then the Barricades.

If you dont understand how economics work and how big sacks of money are attached to these shoe deals then you dont understand much. Not everything is "basic".

But again, if the point is you think the CROC's, I mean Geniuses, work for you and $80 is a good price then I see your point, there is no reason to pay $110, although you can get a good deal on the BV's as well if you look in the right place.

I went to a nearby Adidas Outlet store and they had a sale on all the old model BV's (the white/black, shanghai, black/silver ltd, punjab/yellow). One pair was $80, and if you bought a second one it was half. (so I bought two for $120)

Frankauc
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
You keep saying you dont give so much importance to shoes.

Others do, which is why they are going with the BV's.

You answered your own question, congratulations.

What you buy is your own business, obviously many other people feel differently which is why these CROC-like shoes are going for around $80 and the Barricades are still $110.

Professional tennis players have been using BV's for over a year now. Maybe the Geniuscroc's are good enough for them to wear as well, but that doesnt mean they are better then the Barricades.

If you dont understand how economics work and how big sacks of money are attached to these shoe deals then you dont understand much. Not everything is "basic".

But again, if the point is you think the CROC's, I mean Geniuses, work for you and $80 is a good price then I see your point, there is no reason to pay $110, although you can get a good deal on the BV's as well if you look in the right place.

I went to a nearby Adidas Outlet store and they had a sale on all the old model BV's (the white/black, shanghai, black/silver ltd, punjab/yellow). One pair was $80, and if you bought a second one it was half. (so I bought two for $120)

In fact, i understand perfectly that i bought a shoe at 80$ wich is just as good as the exact same shoe (the new colorways) wich is sellinig at 120$.

I also understand that the CC geniuses are not worst shoes than the BVs just because some colorways are in sale at 80$ which is cheaper than the BVs. In fact the CCgeniuses are selling 120$ (new color ways)

Im in buisness school, and marketing makes people buy 40$ more for new colorways of the exact same shoe..... High price doesnt mean high quality.

In fact, i bet you didnt even tried the CC geniuses, you just seem to dont like the look.

ttbrowne
07-14-2009, 08:00 AM
BV's are so uncomfortable to me. Heavy too. Plus, my foot is not wide and it seems the BV's are made for people with wide feet. My wife bought some and her feet slip around in them so bad. She's been wearing 2 pair of socks but now is throwing them away.

JavierLW
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
In fact, i understand perfectly that i bought a shoe at 80$ wich is just as good as the exact same shoe (the new colorways) wich is sellinig at 120$.

I also understand that the CC geniuses are not worst shoes than the BVs just because some colorways are in sale at 80$ which is cheaper than the BVs. In fact the CCgeniuses are selling 120$ (new color ways)

Im in buisness school, and marketing makes people buy 40$ more for new colorways of the exact same shoe..... High price doesnt mean high quality.

In fact, i bet you didnt even tried the CC geniuses, you just seem to dont like the look.

I dont like the look. (I also dont like CROC's, they are ugly as well)

And I happen to like the shoes Im wearing. What's wrong with that, Mr. "I dont give so much importance to shoes"?

Your stupid argument seems to suggest that somehow the Geniuses just have to be better then the BV's just because some pro's are wearing them.

If you dont care what you put on your own feet, then why do you care so much about what other people are wearing?

JavierLW
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
BV's are so uncomfortable to me. Heavy too. Plus, my foot is not wide and it seems the BV's are made for people with wide feet. My wife bought some and her feet slip around in them so bad. She's been wearing 2 pair of socks but now is throwing them away.

That's another good point, different styles of shoes fit differently for different people. (unless you pay extra for the different widths from miAdidas for the BV's, but that's probably not worth it)

If you have little ballerina feet then you probably will like the Geniusus more (or buy Nike's since they always seem to run sort of narrow).

Im sure for the pros they get them fit more true to size but we'd never know that.

the Djoker doesnt even use the same racquet he's marketing half the time so who knows what they did to his shoes?

Frankauc
07-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I dont like the look. (I also dont like CROC's, they are ugly as well)

And I happen to like the shoes Im wearing. What's wrong with that, Mr. "I dont give so much importance to shoes"?

Your stupid argument seems to suggest that somehow the Geniuses just have to be better then the BV's just because some pro's are wearing them.

If you dont care what you put on your own feet, then why do you care so much about what other people are wearing?

i asked what is bad about the geniuses, and you didnt find anything bad except the look and the stability (you didint even tried them so you cannot know, and people who tried them dont have an issue with stability) wich is purely a subjective preference. If you told me they wear out in 2 weeks or the laces get cut out easilly, or they are not breathable or the sews dont hold.....i wouldnt have bought them but i coulnt care less about the fact that you find them ugly or unstable without even trying them....

All i said is if top 10 pros are using this shoe, it must not be a bad shoe. I just wanted to know why so people dont like it.

it just seems a look preference. And im not the kind of guy who buys 5 pairs of the sames shoes in different colors in order to match with clothes. lol.

calm down boy.

JavierLW
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
i asked what is bad about the geniuses, and you didnt find anything bad except the look and the stability (you didint even tried them so you cannot know, and people who tried them dont have an issue with stability) wich is purely a subjective preference. If you told me they wear out in 2 weeks or the laces get cut out easilly, or they are not breathable or the sews dont hold.....i wouldnt have bought them but i coulnt care less about the fact that you find them ugly or unstable without even trying them....

All i said is if top 10 pros are using this shoe, it must not be a bad shoe. I just wanted to know why so people dont like it.

it just seems a look preference. And im not the kind of guy who buys 5 pairs of the sames shoes in different colors in order to match with clothes. lol.

calm down boy.

Wow, you're really self absorbed about this arent you?

Nobody's wore those shoes long enough to know how they last in the long run or if they are that bad.

There isnt a reason to for someone who's already wearing the BV's. You asked why people might prefer the BV's and I told you, not everyone is going out looking for the sale, and not everyone is going to buy a shoe just because ONE top 10 pro is wearing it. (Tsongas is being credited as wearing the Feather IV now so maybe he had to give half of his sack of money back)

TONS of pros still wear the BV's, so your argument is silly and pointless.

Like I said, if they work for you great. Maybe you found a good buy there. (although the BV's are also only $84 if you buy a older model which is what Ive been doing)

What level of tennis do you play? Maybe that makes a difference. When pros are not playing tennis, they are working out, they have incredible fitness and movement on the court so they dont necessarily have the same needs that an amateur player has.

They also probably do not wear the same pair of shoes more then once because someone buys the shoes for them to go along with the beautiful sack of money they get for wearing them. The rest of us need to buy something that can last awhile unless we can afford 50 pairs.

Frankauc
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow, you're really self absorbed about this arent you?

Nobody's wore those shoes long enough to know how they last in the long run or if they are that bad.

There isnt a reason to for someone who's already wearing the BV's. You asked why people might prefer the BV's and I told you, not everyone is going out looking for the sale, and not everyone is going to buy a shoe just because ONE top 10 pro is wearing it. (Tsongas is being credited as wearing the Feather IV now so maybe he had to give half of his sack of money back)

TONS of pros still wear the BV's, so your argument is silly and pointless.

Like I said, if they work for you great. Maybe you found a good buy there. (although the BV's are also only $84 if you buy a older model which is what Ive been doing)

What level of tennis do you play? Maybe that makes a difference. When pros are not playing tennis, they are working out, they have incredible fitness and movement on the court so they dont necessarily have the same needs that an amateur player has.

They also probably do not wear the same pair of shoes more then once because someone buys the shoes for them to go along with the beautiful sack of money they get for wearing them. The rest of us need to buy something that can last awhile unless we can afford 50 pairs.

these shoe are out for like 6 months? how isnt it enought to know if they wear out fast? I can tell if the shoe will last me long within less than a month of using it....

i never said i bought the shoe because a pro is using it. I use air smashes right now and no pro is using it (that i know of)...

I just said that it must not be a bad shoe if some pros are using it. Especially the 4th player in the world....

Pros dont like to change equipement often......you should know that. That's why there's a lot of pros using BVs....they have been out for a long time and are good shoes..

Im about 5.0, so im not a bad player at all. And i can play with about avery shoe. Maybe im not as picky as other people.....

Frankauc
07-15-2009, 05:11 AM
i just played for the 1st time with my new ccgeniuses. I got crushed by a guy who plays futures tournaments, he may be close to 6.0.

The shoes are light and very stable. They have some pression points under the foot wich is uncomfortable at first. But really nothing to make a case with it. It will break in soon, like every shoe that is stiff out of the box.

im very happy with my purchase, and it looks awesome in black and white.

Frankauc
07-16-2009, 04:26 AM
well, i played again tonight. and after about 3-4h playing tennis.......they have now break in. Is that what we call a long breaking period? lol. I may have a tought game for shoes thought......

PopWar
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
well, i played again tonight. and after about 3-4h playing tennis.......they have now break in. Is that what we call a long breaking period? lol. I may have a tought game for shoes thought......

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2964/coolstorybrok.th.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/coolstorybrok.jpg/)

Winners or Errors
07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
There must be a lot of flat-footed people out there. Barricade V's have virtually no arch support. They're also pretty darned wide in the forefoot (much more so than the Barricade II). The CC Genius has both a higher arch and a narrower fit. I am guessing the fact that more people love the Barricade V has to do with the flatter, wider feet of most of the population. For me, who has B/C feet with actual arches, the Genius wins hands down. I just can't get support in the Barricade V without wearing multiple pairs of socks and soaking my feet in sweat...

Shangri La
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
is B6 coming out any time soon?

goosala
07-20-2009, 08:48 PM
The Barricade V's are wider so they fit my feet better than the very narrow CC Genius.

JavierLW
07-21-2009, 05:37 AM
There must be a lot of flat-footed people out there. Barricade V's have virtually no arch support. They're also pretty darned wide in the forefoot (much more so than the Barricade II). The CC Genius has both a higher arch and a narrower fit. I am guessing the fact that more people love the Barricade V has to do with the flatter, wider feet of most of the population. For me, who has B/C feet with actual arches, the Genius wins hands down. I just can't get support in the Barricade V without wearing multiple pairs of socks and soaking my feet in sweat...

I put "PowerStep" insoles in the BV's to correct the arch issue.

You're probably right, otherwise it doesnt have the arch support that Nike's have, but you are also right that not everyone has super high arches.

I remember wearing many a Nike shoe where the arch support hurt because it dug way into my arches. They sucked for everything except for tennis because of that.

Wearing multiple pairs of socks will not fix a arch issue anyway, you need an insole to do that. (something hard, not something soft)

(BV's I could wear casually and they would be fine)

Winners or Errors
07-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Wearing multiple pairs of socks will not fix a arch issue anyway, you need an insole to do that. (something hard, not something soft)

(BV's I could wear casually and they would be fine)

I understand multiple socks would not fix arch issues. That was more about the volume of the shoe, because the BV's are so roomy compared to the BII's and all of the CC's.

Winners or Errors
07-21-2009, 08:24 AM
The Barricade V's are wider so they fit my feet better than the very narrow CC Genius.

That was my point, that the reason the Genius appear not to be liked as much is because people with wide feet like to whine when shoes don't fit them. ;-) The Barricade V appeals to more people, because apparently there are more people with wide flat feet.

goosala
07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Well then you can feel fortunate you have narrow feet.

JavierLW
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
That was my point, that the reason the Genius appear not to be liked as much is because people with wide feet like to whine when shoes don't fit them. ;-) The Barricade V appeals to more people, because apparently there are more people with wide flat feet.

Well it's easier to deal with a larger shoe then one that's way too small.

So what you're really saying is that most people dont have tiny little feet.

I do agree though that I had to wear slightly thicker socks for the BV's. But that wasnt such a big deal once I did it.

(and like I might of said in other threads, I wear a second layer of socks but they are sockliners which are very thin, and mostly to just stop blisters, wearing two pairs of normal tennis socks seems kind of nutty to me)

Anyways I dont think your theory holds much water. Plenty of people wear Nike's and they seem to fit narrow as well (compared to the BV's). (so the "narrow superhigh arch" contingent are probably all in Niketown)

More people prefer the BV's because they have been out for longer and they are a decent shoe, the Genius's have been barely out long enough for the 6 month warranty even.

If you find something that's working for you, it's usually a good idea to keep buying as many as possible (especially when you get a deal) because companys always seem to discontinue it and then you might not find anything out there that you like.

(which is true for either shoe)

Anyways Im sorry for dissing the Genius's. The reality is it's great if they keep making both shoes if they are that much different. (sort of how they had the Feathers) I just argue with the argument that somehow just because A pro uses it, that it means anything, it doesnt....

(it might mean it's not horrible but it doesnt mean that it's any better then any other shoe that a pro happens to use)

Winners or Errors
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, I bought them in spite of the Novak branding because they have the fit I want. Never bought a single thing because of a pro endorsement. They're just paid advertisements.

jevonclyde
07-22-2009, 05:25 AM

Comfort. That's basically it. I'm currently wearing the Genius'. But by the end of the month I'll be switching to th BV.

I have flat feet and weigh in @200 lbs. I have an assertive game (or controlled and well timed aggression) and must rely on proper footwork and balance to achieve the results I want. Genius' are good shoes but lack to proper fitting for my feet. The BV fit much better. Even though the BV are heavier the better support and comfort should help my game.

Frankauc
07-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Comfort. That's basically it. I'm currently wearing the Genius'. But by the end of the month I'll be switching to th BV.

I have flat feet and weigh in @200 lbs. I have an assertive game (or controlled and well timed aggression) and must rely on proper footwork and balance to achieve the results I want. Genius' are good shoes but lack to proper fitting for my feet. The BV fit much better. Even though the BV are heavier the better support and comfort should help my game.

i think it all comes down to personnal preference on this point because i too have a pretty flat feet (though i weight about 155 lbs, 5ft10 tall) and i dont know how i could have a better foot support, the CC geniusses are so close to skin, it's almost like a sock and the tongue is high wich helps to support.

But honesly, if you prefer the fit of the BVs, go for them but dont expect it to improve your footwork.. ;)

jevonclyde
07-22-2009, 06:05 AM
i think it all comes down to personnal preference on this point because i too have a pretty flat feet (though i weight about 155 lbs, 5ft10 tall) and i dont know how i could have a better foot support, the CC geniusses are so close to skin, it's almost like a sock and the tongue is high wich helps to support.

But honesly, if you prefer the fit of the BVs, go for them but dont expect it to improve your footwork.. ;)

Thanks for your response. But I think I wasn't clear in post. I don't expect the BV to improve my footwork, I just hope they will make the ride more comfortable. The Genius give great support. But my feet (especially my toes) ache after practise. I even went up half size, which helped, to relieve the problem. In my opinion this due to the toebox shape and its lack of flexibility.

ilikephobo
07-22-2009, 08:24 AM

i.m.h.o, after looking at the Tennis warehouse pictures, CC Genius' look ugly!!!
but after zooming them in and doing 360 view.. hey they're not that bad! xD

but looks wise i think Barricades look much better, i dont know about performance wise because ive never worn an adidas shoe in my life.
but im sure theyre great, i see Barricade Vs every where

redfred
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
the barricades just tend to last longer for me.and they are way more comfortable than the cc's.and i think they are more bad***** looking.just my opinion though.

julianoz
08-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I love how the OP asks a question and then argues with people who give him an answer that he isnt looking for.

TensProfes
08-05-2009, 01:13 AM

They are both excellent shoes. There are a number of reasons you'll probably find more people recommending the Barricades, but don't let it sway you if you prefer the Genius...it's a very good option. Some of the reasons people recommend the Barricade over the Genius are:

1. The Barricade is wider, especially in the forefoot, so it fits a wider variety of foot types. The Genius is quite narrow and has a higher arch so it doesn't work well for wide or flat feet.

2. While the Genius has excellent durability (and a guarantee), the Barricade V sets the industry standard for this factor, and lasts longer.

3. The Barricade has a more mainstream styling. The Genius is more of a "love it or hate it" kind of shoe, so people will either love the style or be turned off by it. Meanwhile, the Barricade is less polarizing.

4. The Barricade has a lot of equity built up, as it has existed in various forms for MANY years, whereas the Genius is a new model this year. A lot of players simply graduate from one Barricade version to the next, without any need to try other shoes. So finding people who have used the Genius is harder to do. Also the most recent Barricade (the V) has been out for longer than the Genius, so it's had more time to get a following.

5. More pros wear the Barricades, for those people who care about that.

So nothing at all is bad about the Geniuses. In fact, they're lighter and have more arch support than the BV. It's just a matter of taste and what works best for each foot type.

redfred
08-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I love how the OP asks a question and then argues with people who give him an answer that he isnt looking for.

I totally agree,this dude sounds like a d-bag,HEY BUDDY,IF YOU DONT WANT OUR OPINIONS THEN DONT PUT UP A THREAD LIKE THIS,WE'RE JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT DONT BE AN ***** :)

Frankauc
08-05-2009, 09:42 AM
i asked for unbiased opinions and some people come and just say they're ugly and they base their opinion on the shoes on that. I wanted to get opinions of people who actually played in them a resonable amount of time. I have the shoes for 1 month now and they show no sign of wear (and i usually wear my shoes pretty fast, i grew a hole on the right side of the left shoe, and that part is so well protected). I have a pretty flat feet and except for the fist 2-3 hours of playing in them, they feel super confortable...like almost every shoe. They hold the ankle not worst than most shoes and the sole is pretty much the same as the BV's so durability should be the same. And they are not as heavya s the Bv'S

Winners or Errors
08-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I like them too.