PDA

View Full Version : when does the next USTA league start?

mutantducky
07-10-2009, 09:17 AM
this one winding down or over so when is the next one?
is there anything going on in the summer like grand prix

Kostas
07-10-2009, 11:20 AM
To my knowledge there is basically 3 main USTA "seasons".

Spring - Adult - this is men and women competing against their own gender and own levels in 5 court matches (2 singles, 3 doubles).

Summer - Mixed Doubles - Pretty self explanatory. From 5.0 to 9.0 mixed doubles (3 doubles courts).

Fall - Adult Combo - this is men and women playing at a combo rating with higher or lower ranked partners in 3 doubles courts. (6.5 Combo would be a 3.5 + a 3.0 player playing together).

Fall is next and usually starts in August. I would guess that the exact start date could be earlier or later depending on your section.

raiden031
07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
To my knowledge there is basically 3 main USTA "seasons".

Spring - Adult - this is men and women competing against their own gender and own levels in 5 court matches (2 singles, 3 doubles).

Summer - Mixed Doubles - Pretty self explanatory. From 5.0 to 9.0 mixed doubles (3 doubles courts).

Fall - Adult Combo - this is men and women playing at a combo rating with higher or lower ranked partners in 3 doubles courts. (6.5 Combo would be a 3.5 + a 3.0 player playing together).

Fall is next and usually starts in August. I would guess that the exact start date could be earlier or later depending on your section.

Mixed varies. My mixed league goes from January - April. Then districts is June, and Sectionals is in July/August, and Nationals is in November. Although I believe some mixed leagues start the previous fall, so they might wait 9 months until districts which is weird to me.

Blask
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Our Combo league in VA starts this weekend with our first match.

cak
07-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Leagues, and for that matter, league starts, vary by section. The league play that culminates in Nationals are Adult and Senior (50+) with Nationals in October, Mixed with Nationals in November and 50 mixed and super senior (60+), both with Nationals in April. Other local leagues vary by section. In NorCal we also have combo and Super Senior 65s.

In NorCal the winter leagues (Jan-March/April) are Mixed and Super Senior 65s. Spring leagues (April-June) are the adult leagues. Summer leagues (June-September) include combo, 50 mixed and Super Senior 60s. Fall leagues is regular Senior League Season.