PDA

View Full Version : Barricade 5 v. Ballistec 1.3.

bluetrain4
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm sitting at home with new pairs of both. I have to play a tournament match at 5:30 tonight and have to decide, because I'll send the other pair back.

After initially thinking that the Barricades didn't fit in the heel, they seem okay. Never wore Barricades, always wore Adidas a3 Prevails. Ballistecs are good too, the first pair of Nike shoes that have fit me in a long time.

I trust Adidas durability, but like the look of the Nikes better. Nike's require much less breaking in comparatively, so since I'm stupid enough to be making this decision at the last minute, that could be beneficial.

Why did I wait this long?

I know no one can decide for me, I'm just venting in an effort to make a decision.

ckledzepplin
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd go with the 1.3's, I have had the ballistecs for about two months now and the outsoles barely have any wear on them.

150mph_
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd go with the 1.3's, I have had the ballistecs for about two months now and the outsoles barely have any wear on them.

same with barricades though...
:|
when they said barricade 5's require less break in, i got a pair on top of my 4's and the 5's were more difficult to break in than the 4's...
next time im going nike all the way

a-naik.1
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I felt that the 1.3s were ready to go out of the box...not much break in required. With the Barricades, there is a little bit of break in period...granted, I've only played with the barricades for a day so far.

iTennis
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I would not go to a tournament with, new, unbroken-in shoes, period. I usually break B5 in its max. comfort after a few practice sessions, probably 4 to 6 hours of play.

drgreenthumb
07-25-2009, 08:12 AM
my response maybe a little late BUT in case other people are interested...

1) I agree, with someone i would NOT wear new shoes on a tournament without them broken-in.

2) If i absolutely have to make a choice between the two, i would take the 1.3s due to very minimal break-in as compared to barricades