PDA

View Full Version : I need a new pair of shoes... suggestions?

Kick Serve 14
07-10-2009, 11:47 AM
So i was wearing some low budget pair of addidas shoes... tirand III's if i recall, and i have now rolled my ankle in them twice. I am planning on getting a pair of ankle supports, but i need new shoes... any suggestions it would be prefferable if you could suggest a pair under $100.

Thanks in advance

phucng_10
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
These Barricades are only $84USD. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-AB5SB.html

I haven't bought myself a pair of V's, but I do have II's and they're pretty good. Just without the 6 month sole warranty. You might also want to buy an ankle brace is ankle rolling occurs a lot while you're playing tennis.

フェデラー
07-10-2009, 12:08 PM
if you are willing to be in extreme pain for like an hour and then want amazing shoes, air vapors are the *****. Best shoes ive used.

Kick Serve 14
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
okay, thanks for the suggestions, i've thought about using the barricade V's but i've also heard about the prince T-9's, has anyone used them?

shaysrebelII
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I used the T-9 Roadsters for a couple high school seasons. Good shoes, very comfortable. They fit kinda like skate shoes, if you're familiar with those, very low to the ground. Especially given their price right now, I'd strongly recommend them, even tho TW has some pretty good deals on last season's nikes right now.

Kick Serve 14
07-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Okay... but are the T9's good for ankle support?

Orion
07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Try the Babolat Propulse 2. I was playing in the Adidas Featherr II and although it's very light and breathable, I have almost turned my ankle a few times and narrowed my search down to the Propulse 2 and the NB CT1004. The NB felt a little lighter but the Propulse is more supportive. Plus, I had the Propulse I, but bought them too small. I thought they would break out a little but never did so I stopped playing in them and went back to the Feathers. I got the Propulse 2 and played them today. I ear a 10.5 in Adidas but had to get an 11 in the Propulse.

I also tried the Asics Gel Resolution, a few years ago, which was more supportive than the Feather, but surprisingly stable given how light it is. Beware, the soles squeak alot.

I just find the Barricades to be cumbersome and something in the toebox feels rubbery when it flexes.

The_Question
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I had the same exact problem as you. The Tirend III is well cushioned in heel. It really feels like a pair of running shoes. I twisted my ankle times over times. In fact, I was playing w/one of the members here, and he saw witness my pain.

I now switched to Nike Air Vapor V. It is so far beyond Tirend III. I also tried on a pair of Barricade, problem still exist there. The Air Zoom Advantage is another option, but the quality is not up to par with Vapor V. Vapor VI is okay, but not as stable on forefoot as V.

Oh yeah, The Breathe Cage I and II is decent too...

schap02
07-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Asics Gel Res Ii

t3nn3s
07-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Try this, friend.
http://img183.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-13328/loc553/89256_crocs_122_553lo.jpg