PDA

View Full Version : USTA tournament schedule of play

HunterST
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm considering entering my first USTA tournament. Most of the tournaments say they take place over 2 or 3 days. The one I'm considering is a 3 day and is about 45 minutes away from me. My question is: how is the schedule of matches set up? Meaning, does play continue until the semi final matches are established and then finish on sunday? Basically, how many matches are played each day of the tournament. I'm in the Missouri valley heart of america district if that makes any difference.

JavierLW
07-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm considering entering my first USTA tournament. Most of the tournaments say they take place over 2 or 3 days. The one I'm considering is a 3 day and is about 45 minutes away from me. My question is: how is the schedule of matches set up? Meaning, does play continue until the semi final matches are established and then finish on sunday? Basically, how many matches are played each day of the tournament. I'm in the Missouri valley heart of america district if that makes any difference.

Normal USTA Tournaments is to play 2 matches a day. Not sure what happens if the draw is so large that you cant do that.

I think there is a rule on that as well for singles. (no more then 2 matches a day per event)

How many people are in this event?

Jim A
07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
you can look at the number of players that are entered on the tournament homepage via tennislink, it will give you an idea on the amount of play per day

here in Intermountain, they run over 5-6 days..my current tournament kicked off on Monday and I've played thurs/fri/sat with Final tomorrow..

yonexxx
07-11-2009, 09:25 PM
yeah usually you will play two matches in one day and they are within an hour of each other usually. but if u win the 2nd one u may have to come back the next day for another one.