PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new racquet

Arbartrator
07-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I am around a 3.0 and I am looking for something that is pretty stable when the ball comes on contact with some control and a little more power than average would an Areogel 300 not the 4D version be a good racquet to demo or is there other good choices as well?

tribunal4555
07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
From the description I would recommend offhand a Head Microgel Extreme Pro or a Babolat Aeropro Drive. Anything else you're looking for? What's your style of play? How many hands on each wing?

Arbartrator
07-11-2009, 07:22 PM
From the description I would recommend offhand a Head Microgel Extreme Pro or a Babolat Aeropro Drive. Anything else you're looking for? What's your style of play? How many hands on each wing?

I mostly play at the baseline and what does How much hands on each wing mean?

dacrymn
07-11-2009, 07:38 PM
" I am looking for something that is pretty stable when the ball comes on contact with some control and a little more power than average"

How are we supposed to answer these questions?

Instead, I'm going to say for a baseline game, the microgel extreme and pure drive are good choices, since they have open string patterns and are relatively stiff. Generally, you're looking for those two things, and maybe a large(r) headsize and a medium balance point, like between 4 and 7 for instance.

he's asking if you hit and one or two handed backhand.

Arbartrator
07-11-2009, 07:40 PM
" I am looking for something that is pretty stable when the ball comes on contact with some control and a little more power than average"

How are we supposed to answer these questions?

Instead, I'm going to say for a baseline game, the microgel extreme and pure drive are good choices, since they have open string patterns and are relatively stiff. Generally, you're looking for those two things, and maybe a large(r) headsize and a medium balance point, like between 4 and 7 for instance.

he's asking if you hit and one or two handed backhand.

Oh, I hit with a two handed backhand

Arbartrator
07-12-2009, 09:28 AM
So the Areogel wouldn't be a good choice?

tribunal4555
07-12-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't have any experience with the Aerogel, so I can't recommend it. Babolats are really good baseliner racquets; I definitely recommend one of those.

Arbartrator
07-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't have any experience with the Aerogel, so I can't recommend it. Babolats are really good baseliner racquets; I definitely recommend one of those.

I have a question is the Extreme Pro really 11.7 because I played with a Pure Drive Roddick before and it seemed like it weight over 12 oz when its in stock

Arbartrator
07-12-2009, 06:22 PM

The old Extreme Pro or the new one?