PDA

View Full Version : How can i get my arm to get used to brush the ball smoothly ,Not just slam it!

Oldracquet27
07-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I hit with a tight arm most of the time, i know i need to brush the ball smoothly and with a loose arm, but while playing i just do not have the muscle memorie for it. How can i practice in order to get that?

Dreamer
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
It's difficult to assess because we don't know your stroke.

One trick you can try is extending out on your stroke. This makes it more difficult to rely on arm strength. And make sure you have shoulder rotation.

Getting rid of bad habits can be difficult because we want instant results. Try a wall and practice shadow swings.

SethIMcClaine
07-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I hit with a tight arm most of the time, i know i need to brush the ball smoothly and with a loose arm, but while playing i just do not have the muscle memorie for it. How can i practice in order to get that?

Grab a hopper of balls and practice your stroke just dropping the ball infront of you concentrating on staying smooth, slow down your stroke some. Then move up to someone you can do a light ralley with and try to keep working on staying slow and smooth

In D Zone
07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Try rallying back and forth and instead of hitting hardballs. Focus on hitting the ball with a little loopy - brushing the ball from low to high.
Start off with a soft rallys - work on bending your knees and bring your racquet low to swing up.
As you and partner get more and more comfortable you then work on speeding your shot with more topspin. You must remain relax, let your footwork and stroke do it's magic . Lastly, breath and don't get impatience.