PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone added weight to the exo3 100

onkystomper
07-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Just wondering if anyone has leaded up or used silicone on this racket. I love the size of the sweetspot but it is a little lightweight right now... anyone got any feed back??

Bottle Rocket
07-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I love the size of the sweetspot but it is a little lightweight right now... anyone got any feed back??

I would agree.

Could definitely use some weight in the head... Possibly a tad at 3 and 9 O'clok would do the trick?

I've got one, but I think I'm going to sell it instead of adding lead. It plays great, has a nice crisp, yet incredibly comfortable feel, but I think the open string pattern just doesn't quite work for me.

Anyway, maybe try an inch or two of lead at 3 and 9?

It really does feel similarly to the POG, but it is crisper and a tad lighter. I feel like if it had that extra bit of weight in the head it would make loyal POG fans very happy.

onkystomper
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah that is what i am thinking extra weight at 3 & 9

guess i have just been spoiled by the feel of my head bumblebees and am trying to get this racket to crush the ball like that one does..

if anyone else has actually played around i am all ears and if not i will post my findings in a few days when my lead tape turns up>

Bottle Rocket
07-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I hit with mine for a few hours yesterday... I added a tad at 3 and 9 and it made it significantly easier to hit through the ball and feel like you're doing some damage.

I'll say one thing, the spin production with this frame is insane. I can't remember another frame I was able to hit more spin with, be it top spin groundstrokes, slices, or serves - just nuts.

The guy I was hitting with hangs around this board, maybe he'll stop by and comment on the difference in my ball compared with my usual racket. I think he'd agree I was hitting more spin than usual. Confidence to take a huge swing at everything was definitely there, even with the lead.

onkystomper
07-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah i must agree about the spin... i use black code with mine and it does just rip it up... I love the racket just want to feel the ball being crushed a little more...

did you hae any troubles adding the lead with the port holes ? did you still just use strips?

jazar
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
i felt the racket was too evenly balanced, so when i tried it i added about 10 grams to the handle. then it played like a dream

kcmiser
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I hit with mine for a few hours yesterday... I added a tad at 3 and 9 and it made it significantly easier to hit through the ball and feel like you're doing some damage.

I'll say one thing, the spin production with this frame is insane. I can't remember another frame I was able to hit more spin with, be it top spin groundstrokes, slices, or serves - just nuts.

The guy I was hitting with hangs around this board, maybe he'll stop by and comment on the difference in my ball compared with my usual racket. I think he'd agree I was hitting more spin than usual. Confidence to take a huge swing at everything was definitely there, even with the lead.

I hit with Bottle Rocket (I feel really goofy calling him that) when he used it, and the spin difference was noticeable compared to his usual racquet, but I can't say I noticed a difference in results after he added lead to it (no surprise). He hits with tremendous headspeed, and he was getting about as much topspin as any ball I've hit against, but it was a jumpy trick-shot kind of spin, rather than the nasty spin-with-power he generally hits. His normal shot launches low and hard and drops at the end. With the EXO, it came off higher, and started dropping earlier, with much more spin. I thought the racquet might better suit a more moderate stroke than his.

Ljubicic for number1
07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Geez guys I would be looking at adding the weight in the butt, not the head. Its already quite head heavy and sluggish standard. I have 2gm's at 3 & 9 on one of mine but that was only to match it to my other frame not to try and increase SW.

tlm
07-14-2009, 03:22 AM
I added weight by purchasing the 93 mid, has the plow through with a great balance.