PDA

View Full Version : Vantage stiffness, balance and more...

buckie9
07-12-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi all!!

For the past i have given vantage a try buying 3 frames but i am still looking....

First of all the 3 frames were not matched although i ordered the same code.

One was as ordered 320g, 95", 31.0mm, 63 flex.

The second was similar but at 31.5 balance, which was because of the leather grip (as it was explained to me). They weigh the frames with the grip type you order so when i swiched to a wilson grip the balance and weight changed.

The third was way off, with a balance at 32,3 still at 320g.

After playing with all 3 i realized that 32,3 balance was more to my liking but at 320g is a very heavy feeling frame.

Until now i am still not sure about the stiffness of this 3rd frame. I have a feeling that it might be 70 flex but i cannot be sure since it is overall different than the others. Is there a way to be sure...other than contacting vantage which at times is an adventure????

Now for the "more" part. It might have taken 3 frames and a mistake but at least now i know which balance is right for me. Although i have played some great tennis with this frame and can throw bombs from serve and groundstrokes it is still a very demanding racquet for everyday play (i am 40yrs and lightweight myself) so i am considering some alternatives.

1. Same but with 100" head. Will it be easier to play since more powerful? Will control be compromized?

2. Droping 10gr. at 310, still 6HL and 95". Will the lighter weight help me swing faster hence i could apply more power constantly?

3. 310gr, 6HL, 100". Does this sound like the radical pro? It is the one i am most seriously thinking.

Too many questions?:confused:....sorry!!!!!!!! :-?

I wish i will someday get the guys at Vantage Europe to reply to me. I have asked them the same.....but still nothing.

Frankauc
07-12-2009, 05:53 AM
at first i ordered:

95 sq inc
70 stifness
320 g
10 HL
16x19

I found it too stiff, too heavy and too hard to play with a 95 sq inches

Then i exchanged it for:

100 sq iinches
310 g
16x19
63 stifness
9 pts HL

and now it's perfect

ir0-ed
07-12-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm currently in the works with vantage and before making my final purchase I asked them about weight/balance guarantees and here is what I got in response: Dear xxxxx,

Vantage guarantees that the frames you order will be within 2gr and 2mm of the specs you've ordered based on a 27" frame no matter how long it has been between orders.

Sven Goth
Managing Director
Vantage Sport USA

mozzer
07-12-2009, 07:26 AM
at first i ordered:

95 sq inc
70 stifness
320 g
10 HL
16x19

I found it too stiff, too heavy and too hard to play with a 95 sq inches

Then i exchanged it for:

100 sq iinches
310 g
16x19
63 stifness
9 pts HL

and now it's perfect
Do you still ahve the other one?! They are the specs of mine and love it!
nvm, just saw you said you exchanged it ;(

buckie9
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm currently in the works with vantage and before making my final purchase I asked them about weight/balance guarantees and here is what I got in response:

In my case it is obvious that there was a mixed up cause the one frame was way off, although i turned out to be the prefered one.

What i am concerned about is power. Is the 100" lot more powerful than the 95 " ?