PDA

View Full Version : Is the ProKennex Ionic Ki 5 Racquet just recommended for someone with elbow problems?

Brett
07-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I was looking at the customer feedback and it seems the only reason people bought the racquet is because it helped their tennis elbow. I have never had tennis elbow and I use to use the Kinetic Pro 5G so I was thinking about demoing this racquet. Is it only recommended for players with tennis elbow? It seems that way...

120mphBodyServe
07-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I demoed the old Kinetic 5G back in the 90s...
Damn sweet stick off the ground and for volleys...
Try it out.. It's NOT just for people with arm problems, trust me..

ollinger
07-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Also great if you want to AVOID elbow problems....nobody is immune from developping this problem in the future.

Steve Huff
07-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Great allaround frame. Great touch, enough power. Elbow protection is the BONUS.

Don S
07-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Steve knows what he's talking about. The 5G is a great racquet. I've used it for years. The elbow protection is just a bonus for me. Wish I could find an old 5G in the mostly black PJ. Oh Well. I have an old 10G SMI that is awesome as well.

Il Mostro
07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Although it is not my everyday stick, I could not imagine not having at least one 5G Pro in the fold. For me, perfect with VS Team.

Bengt
07-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Volleys volleys volleys! I bought the 5G because of an elbow problem (damm Diablos), but never expected it to allow me to attack so confidently. Groundies and serves are good and the comfort is very nice, but I really love volleying with this racquet. It's also a breeze to string. I think all of the current highly-touted tech advances are largely marketing, but there seems to be something to this kinetic thing.

MCN
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
No. It's a great all round stick. I have bad TE and bought one of these and was surprised at how good it felt (if you can get past the funny noise it makes when striking a ball). My son laughed at the racquet (saying it was only for old men like me!) but after he broke the strings on his Heads he borrowed the Ki5 and has not returned it since, using it as his preferred racquet now. It does not do any one thing particularly well (as some racquets do) - it's pretty average in everything - average weight, power, stability - but that's the secret to its success - just lets you play and get on with things.