PDA

View Full Version : Do i have a fake Wilson Ncode n6-1 Tour 90??

centercourt8
07-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey there everyone. :)

I just traded rackets with a guy for a Wilson Ncode n6-1 tour 90, and i noticed a few odd things about it. First off, on the outside of the throat, it says "ncode six-one tour," where as pics on the web shows that is should say "ncode six-one tour 16x19" (its missing the 16x19).

Also the pics on the web show that the area on the inside of the throat where the specs are dispalyed should have a black background, where mine has a silver backgroud. Also the big "WILSON" on the outside of the throat seems to be on the opposite side.

Also the wilson emblem right above the handle has a black background instead of a silver background.

So whats the deal?? The racket has the little wilson quality control sticker and it feels real. Did Wilson have two different paint schemes for this stick while in production or do i got a fake on my hands??

stoble
07-12-2009, 12:10 PM
There were 2 paint schemes but I don't remember the "16x19" being one of the differences. The best way to know for sure is to weigh it and find the balance point. Strung balance point should be 30-32 cm from the handle, and the strung weight should be around 12.5 oz.

dincuss
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
There was a earlier version, and a later version of paintjobs
check the ballance and weight

mctennis
07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Take it in to a REAL pro shop that carries Wilson and ask them. What's the big deal about doing that? They'll be able to tell you right away. End of the mystery.