PDA

View Full Version : prince magnesium 90

shakes1975
07-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Yesterday, I got my hands on a prince magnesium 90 from a garage sale, for 20 dollars. It's in good condition, no frame cracks or warping. I need to get it strung though.

I am going to go with klip legend natural gut 16 string (I have a couple of reels of those).

However, I have no idea about the best tension range for this racquet.

Also, any info about the racquet weight, balance etc. is appreciated.

Any info about how it plays ? My main racquet of use currently is the prince spectrum comp 90. How do they compare to each other ?

Thanks a ton.

joe sch
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi,

Yesterday, I got my hands on a prince magnesium 90 from a garage sale, for 20 dollars. It's in good condition, no frame cracks or warping. I need to get it strung though.

I am going to go with klip legend natural gut 16 string (I have a couple of reels of those).

However, I have no idea about the best tension range for this racquet.

Also, any info about the racquet weight, balance etc. is appreciated.

Any info about how it plays ? My main racquet of use currently is the prince spectrum comp 90. How do they compare to each other ?

Thanks a ton.

Klip natural gut on the mag90 should be a nice combination. I personally like to string loose to really maximize the touch and power. I would suggest about 50lbs but if your use to tighter setups then no problem going higher. I rememer the prince spectrum comp as having a good amount of flex and feel and the mag is one of the best metals ever for these qualities. I was surprised that you stated reels of klip nat gut since it only comes in packs, ie no lenghts greater than approx 36' to make reels.

Let us know how you like the combination

shakes1975
07-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Klip natural gut on the mag90 should be a nice combination. I personally like to string loose to really maximize the touch and power. I would suggest about 50lbs but if your use to tighter setups then no problem going higher. I rememer the prince spectrum comp as having a good amount of flex and feel and the mag is one of the best metals ever for these qualities. I was surprised that you stated reels of klip nat gut since it only comes in packs, ie no lenghts greater than approx 36' to make reels.

Let us know how you like the combination

Thanks for the info. Actually, I did mean packs. I have 2 packs of klip legend natural gut.

Deuce
07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
The Mag Pro 90 is one of the best frames I've ever played with (along with the Head XRC).

As Joe said, low tension is good on the Mag 90. I strung mine in the mid-40s.
Be careful about going over 60 pounds, though - with repeated stringings in that range, the metal has a tendency to bend (warp).

Great racquet.