PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Prestige MP with the Prestige Team FXP?

VictorS.
07-12-2009, 04:19 PM
For the past 3 years, I've been playing with the Head Prestige Midplus (Flexpoint). I would consider myself a 5.0 level player. However, oftentimes in match play situations I hit more off-center shots than in practice. I'm looking for a little more forgivenss without sacrificing playability & pace. I'm very much a baseliner in my style of play (in my late 20s).

I was thinking of replacing this racket with the Prestige Team line of rackets which is a bit lighter & larger at 102sq in. I've tried it a few times a while back. Like many have said....it's very flexy & without a dampener it vibrates quite a bit. Some have said that utilizing lead tape & polyester strings really stabilizes the frame.

My question is, would it really be worth trying this kind of racket? Could I generate the same kind of pace with some lead tape customization? At 70 dollars, it's obviously not a very expensive risk.

VictorS.
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Prestige Team I guess wasn't very popular. I guess that's why it's selling for 70 bucks and the microgel version only sold in europe.