PDA

View Full Version : RQIS 1 Tour and RDX 500 mid

T1000
07-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Are these two racquets similar?

Syfo-Dias
07-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Not really. The RQiS 1 has a much thicker beam around the head and it feels pretty different overall. IMO the RDX Mid is a much better racquet.

SFrazeur
07-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Is there a particular reason the subject comes to mind?

The RQiS 1 Tour would be a better shot-maker, attackers weapon. The RQiS 1 Tour can be a powerful racquet as it can generate such a heavy ball, but it requires a full out swing to be taken. It would also be a slightly better racquet for a serve and volleyer; I say that as the RQiS is more stable, but the RDX 500 has more maneuverability. The RDX 500 Mid would be a better stick for the baseline or all court player.

Structurally the racquets look quite different and the and the layup of the racquets feel quite different as well. The RQiS 1 Tour having more more weight behind the head. They're not brothers, but they are related.

Headsize wise there is not much diffrence. The RQiS is essesntally a 93 inch. Put an RDX Mid up to an RQiS and the latter will have slightly wider head and lower and wider bridge area.

-SF

T1000
07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Is there a particular reason the subject comes to mind?

The RQiS 1 Tour would be a better shot-maker, attackers weapon. The RQiS 1 Tour can be a powerful racquet as it can generate such a heavy ball, but it requires a full out swing to be taken. It would also be a slightly better racquet for a serve and volleyer; I say that as the RQiS is more stable, but the RDX 500 has more maneuverability. The RDX 500 Mid would be a better stick for the baseline or all court player.

Structurally the racquets look quite different and the and the layup of the racquets feel quite different as well. The RQiS 1 Tour having more more weight behind the head. They're not brothers, but they are related.

Headsize wise there is not much diffrence. The RQiS is essesntally a 93 inch. Put an RDX Mid up to an RQiS and the latter will have slightly wider head and lower and wider bridge area.

-SF

I really liked the RDX 500 mid, one of my two favorite Yonex sticks along with the all yellow RDS 001 mid. I wanted to try other racquets similar to the RDX 500 mid. I'm going to try the new Volkl Powerbride 10 mid because a lot of people are saying they are similar. I was looking at the RQIS 1 Tour because I wanted to stay with Yonex. Tried the new RDIS 100 mid and it is awful, just really bad. The 2008 RDS 001 isn't bad, but not great. I can get more RDX 500s and original RDS 001s but I wanted to try the newer racquets too

SFrazeur
07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
I only hit briefly with the RDiS 100 Mid, and the first thing that came to mind was that this was not like the previous RDS and RDX mid size racquets. I thought the RDiS 100 Midplus was more similar to the RDX, not really, but more so than the 93.

Out of the two 90 inch frames the RDS is my personal favorite.

-SF