PDA

View Full Version : kp5 16x18 vs apdc

viva la rafa
07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I am a baseline player who plays with a full western forehand and a 1hbh.. i currently use the babolat apdc and i really like it and it fits my game well but its too light for me and it can hurt my arm when i take full cuts..
My coach recomended i try the kfactor 95 16x18 cuz it has an open pattern like the apdc but is heavier and it will improve my game more..
any opinions?
i have never tried the k95 is it similiar to the apdc?

viva la rafa
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
anybody???

ak47m
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
If you like your current set-up but want a little more heft, I think your best best is to add some lead tape to make your APDC a bit heavier.

I've played with the K95, didn't like it at all. It can hurt your arm just as much, it's very very stiff.

Cross Court
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree with ak47m, it's better if a racquet is too light than too heavy because you can easily add lead tape. If you want more control, put it on the handle. If you want more power, put it on the head. If you want it the same, put it in the throat.

And remember that the APDC is specifically for baseline bashing topspin. The K95 is totally different, don't get it, it sucks.

viva la rafa
07-13-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree with ak47m, it's better if a racquet is too light than too heavy because you can easily add lead tape. If you want more control, put it on the handle. If you want more power, put it on the head. If you want it the same, put it in the throat.

And remember that the APDC is specifically for baseline bashing topspin. The K95 is totally different, don't get it, it sucks.

i have never heard of that before. i have 3 layers of lead tape on the head and i can barely feel the diffrence..
my coach has the k95 18x20 and he loves it but the only wilson racket i have hit with for more than a few strokes was the k blade tour and i hated it..
so i will just stick with the apdc i do like it but i will try some lead tape on the handle to see if i like it more
thanks for the advice

ak47m
07-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock helps stability

Lead at 12 o'clock increases swingweight and moves the sweetspot up a lil while making it more head-heavy

Lead at 6 o'clock or throat keeps the balance the same while increasing the heft or mass

Lead at handle/buttcap makes it more head-light making it "feel" lighter to swing

The general idea is to use the heaviest racquet you can handle without sacrificing racquet head speed or tiring out. So just experiment until you find something comfortable.

viva la rafa
07-13-2009, 09:56 PM
thanks ak47m
i currently use 3 4" layers at 12 o'clock
but i think i will try adding the same at 3 and 9 o'clock as well