PDA

View Full Version : Racquet advise please..

gofed
07-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi, I am a 3.0 player. I have been playing with the Wilson K Surge for the past few months. I put some lead at around 9 and 3 to make it a little heavier and more stable. I am looking for a new racquet, something with a little more power. I like the Babolat APDC, although it feels a little stiff.
I am 5'4" and weigh about 130 lbs. Does that play a role in my racquet selection, should I look at heavier racquets or smaller head sizes?
Thanks in advance..

tigerstring
08-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Just experiment. The ADPC is probably going to be pretty similar to the Surge. Go demo a few heavier rackets, maybe the K Pro open.

How big you are does play some factor, but it it's not a deciding factor. There are little guys who are successful with less powerful rackets and big guys that are successful with powerful rackets, so it's really just about what you like.

TennisVet
08-07-2009, 10:13 AM
might want to try youtek speed mp or ozone tour mp

klementine79
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I can't stop suggesting this racquet... especially for intermediate players (<3.0 ).. by the way, how did you achieve your NTRP rating... high school player? tournaments? league play? just curious.

Anyway, the Head Liquidmetal Radical Mid+... cannot go wrong with this frame. Flexible, powerful, easy to use, great feel, accomodating sweetspot and it will stay with you long after you surpass your current skill level.

I still keep my one remaining frame in my bag ( customized )... and if the racquet is too 'flexy' for you.. string it tighter with a hybrid set-up to stiffen up the string bed.

At your level, recommending a $200 racquet is pointless and unnecessary... there is a reason that this frame has been available for the better half of 7 years.