PDA

View Full Version : Plus vs. Standard length

swamlepow
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I am looking into buying either the pure drive or aeropro drive. I tried the pure drive plus and thought it felt a little more maneuverable. When i checked out the specs i noticed that the standard is 4 points HL and the plus 6 points HL.

I know this is to prevent the longer length from making the racquet sluggish but does it also make the racquet swing lighter?

Kevo
07-13-2009, 10:20 AM
My suspicion is that the feel of the frame will not be lighter for most people, but could be for some. The strung swing weight of extended frames is almost always higher. For most people this will likely mean that the extended version will feel a little less maneuverable.

However, depending on your swing style, the extended version may feel more maneuverable for some players. I think it is really dependent on how you load up on the backswing and whether or not the unloading is more of a conscious thing, or more of a slingshot effect. Not sure if I'm getting the idea across with that image or not, but some people have a way of releasing tension in their swing that was built up by the loading on the backswing. I think many straight armed forehands are like this.

In any event, what's important is how it feels to you when you are executing your stroke well.