PDA

View Full Version : Wilson (K) Factor Seven

Wilso09
07-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a super newb. to playing tennis and I just picked up a Wilson (K) Factor Seven from someone to start playing with.
After I got the stick I just wanted to find out more about the specs but I was unable to find anything about it except that it is a racquet that's made for big sporting good stores?

So, does anyone know anything about the K-Seven and if it's a decent racquet? Stores said the original price for this stick is $299.99!!!:shock:

Thanks in advance guys, and looking forward to playing and learning more about the game of tennis! I love it so far!

bryanj2u
07-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Hey welcome to tennis talk. I'm pretty new my self. first of all the (K) Seven is only $89.99 at Dicks Sporting goods. but before today, i never heard of it before so i don't really know about it. It is pre-strung so it is a beginner's frame. For a beginner i would recommend a Oversize head (a head larger to 105 sq inches ), head heavy, and a light weight racquet (<10 ounces). Other than that its the price that should affect you the most. Have fun playing tennis, its a great sport! :)

MethodTennis
07-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey welcome to tennis talk. I'm pretty new my self. first of all the (K) Seven is only $89.99 at Dicks Sporting goods. but before today, i never heard of it before so i don't really know about it. It is pre-strung so it is a beginner's frame. For a beginner i would recommend a Oversize head (a head larger to 105 sq inches ), head heavy, and a light weight racquet (<10 ounces). Other than that its the price that should affect you the most. Have fun playing tennis, its a great sport! :)

unless you got it shipped from europe cos most rackets come strung in europe. Err K seven... i think its 105in" head size .... its not on the wilson website and i cant find anything out about it try searching it in the forums. put in "wilson factor seven" cos you cant use words under 3 letters

Wil
09-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello there. Ok here is the deal. The Wilson (k) Seven has a headsize of 101sq.in So I'm not really sure if it's a beginner's racquet although it comes pre strung. I bought a Wilson (k) Blade Team 104, and it came pre strung with Wilson Sensation strings at 58lbs. Trust me on this one the (k) Blade Team is NOT a beginner's racquet. You might want to check the Wilson (k)Zero. It fits the beginner's description for a racquet. Oversize, light, and head heavy. But, this one is very different! I play with it and I love it, and I 'm a 3.5! Also there are some 4.0's and 4.5's who use the (k)Zero and they love it. So go figure. The (k) Zero is available for $99.95. A realy good deal!

MethodTennis
09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello there. Ok here is the deal. The Wilson (k) Seven has a headsize of 101sq.in So I'm not really sure if it's a beginner's racquet although it comes pre strung. I bought a Wilson (k) Blade Team 104, and it came pre strung with Wilson Sensation strings at 58lbs. Trust me on this one the (k) Blade Team is NOT a beginner's racquet. You might want to check the Wilson (k)Zero. It fits the beginner's description for a racquet. Oversize, light, and head heavy. But, this one is very different! I play with it and I love it, and I 'm a 3.5! Also there are some 4.0's and 4.5's who use the (k)Zero and they love it. So go figure. The (k) Zero is available for $99.95. A realy good deal!

err k seven is 105sq im sure in digging up a old thread ... again. blade team is a beginers racket zero worst racket ive ever played with and should be banned

The_Question
09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Eh...no! And don't believe everything you read on the forum. There are many false info getting pass around; it's sad!! Anyways, it's actually very confusing about this frame.

I have one, just for kicks and strung w/Gaucho gut in main, Prince Tour on cross.

On the card, it states:
Headsize 101
Weight 9.3oz
Length 27"
Balance 2pts HL

However...

In the throat, it states:
Headsize 101
Weight 9.0oz
Length 27"
Balance 1pts HL

And...

On the handle shrink wrap, it states:
Headsize 103
K Seven Team

Domo_95
01-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I own and currently use the K Factor 7

.It is 101 Sq. Inches
.It has a head balance of 1 pt. HL
.It is not currently on Tennis Warehouse Online Site
.It is a fair racket with medium swing speed
.Weighing from 9.0 ounces to 9.3 ounces

I am on the varsity team of my High School and it is a good transition racket.
This racket is not for beginners, but at the same time, it is for some one who can not handle a smaller head size.

The racket performance is fair

I play fine with it, using co-poly strings, I am able to use top spin, and control

This racket I would recommend to players that have been mastered a over sized racket, and would like to move a step up

Leave a question, and I would be glad to answer it -Dom

TheBoom
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Someone on my team uses it he likes it for doubbs but hitting with it it was ok but good for a newb :) and welcome :)

whomad15
01-05-2011, 08:29 PM
sounds like a decent beginner-intermediate racquet. I personally am very wary when it comes to lighter racquets as they are harsher on the arm. A light, stiff, head heavy frame will most often cause more arm problems than a heavy, flexible, headlight frame.

Maybe add a little bit of weight to the handle and some leadtape to the top, make it weigh ~10.5 to 11oz and I think it would play very well and be more arm friendly.

Tar Heel Tennis
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM

so you're telling me the Wilson BLX Six.One.Tour 90 is a beginner's racket? :-?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=362016