PDA

View Full Version : Agassi's Nike Shoes Always Falling Apart???

gmlasam
03-28-2005, 11:44 AM
It seems like on every tournament or every other tournament Agassi is always gluing his Nike shoes on change overs. Just now watching the NasDaq match with Clement he was gluing his shoes again before the second set.

Nike shoes becoming low quality????

Prince_of_Tennis
03-28-2005, 11:59 AM
His crazy foot work tears up shoes....

BreakPoint
03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Nike shoes becoming low quality????

"BECOMING"? Hasn't that always been the case since the beginning of time?

Gemini
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't always associate low durability with low quality. If the hallmark of the shoe is its durability, then yes, I'd be upset at them falling apart. Nikes are generally known for their performance in other areas...namely comfort, style, and high end functionality. Nike has never been big on durability. I'm a big Nike fan because of the performance aspects other than durability, but that's just me.

hummer23
03-28-2005, 02:30 PM
maybe he just uses the asme pair alot if he likes it, and shoo goos it if it starts to rip on him, so he can still use it. he likes thinks just right, hence the ball boy patience, etc. maybe he likes the feel of a particular pair, and he doesnt want to mess with somethign that works so he just matches tem up here and there. i really doubnt if he cant afford to get a new pair before every match if he wants, or that nikey wont sponser him with a contract that gives him unlimited shoes. its got to be personal preference.

zorg
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Actually, during Cincinnati last year, this happened. P-Mac explained this to the public. He said that Agassi likes shoes that are "worn in". He said that agassi could easily buy new ones, but he likes old, "mature" shoes.

Lol, I remember when he was putting glue on, and the chair called time, he said he had glue on his hands. Everyone in the stands laughed.

couch
03-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't think Agassi has "bought" a pair of Nikes in about 20 years.

BreakPoint
03-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't think Agassi has "bought" a pair of Nikes in about 20 years.

You got that right! These sponsored pros get all the shoes thay want and they are usually custom made for their particular feet. That's why their shoes usually have their names printed on them. Ever see a close-up of Federer's Nikes?

Yes, there are paintjobs of shoes, too! I'll bet there will be new threads on what shoes Federer is really wearing underneath the paintjob. :lol:

need2paint
03-28-2005, 09:58 PM
P-Mac?

I know who you're talking about, but please don't let the language of the American proletariat ruin your verbal skills. Laziness breeds laziness.

hummer23
03-29-2005, 04:57 AM
Actually, during Cincinnati last year, this happened. P-Mac explained this to the public. He said that Agassi likes shoes that are "worn in". He said that agassi could easily buy new ones, but he likes old, "mature" shoes.

Lol, I remember when he was putting glue on, and the chair called time, he said he had glue on his hands. Everyone in the stands laughed.

taht sounds exactly right, its just amatter of preference.

Nikeman0092
03-29-2005, 02:55 PM

Yeah, I saw that. Patrick was interviewing him about it for some reason like it was a huge deal though.

ty slothrop
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
P-Mac?

I know who you're talking about, but please don't let the language of the American proletariat ruin your verbal skills. Laziness breeds laziness.

around here, there is an enormous amount of derision involved in using the appellation "P-mac." He's far too much of a clown to have earned the right to such truncation. Now A-rod, on the other hand...

couch
03-29-2005, 07:32 PM
need2paint,

You gots to chill.

Brian Purdie
04-02-2005, 10:24 AM
P-Mac?

yeah, honestly. P-mac is a tool, and most of us here don't respect his Davis Cup position or his "objective" analysis as a TV clown

Nadal_Rulz
04-02-2005, 10:39 AM
yeah, honestly. P-mac is a tool, and most of us here don't respect his Davis Cup position or his "objective" analysis as a TV clown

haha, my dad kicked him out of a junior tournament once! cause he wouldnt stop arguing calls, go figure.