PDA

View Full Version : head prestige midplus Q

sensei
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
hey i have a Q. do head prestige's keep the same specs from one generation to the next? i understand that they may feel different but i'm talking about in general (headsize, weight, balance, etc.). the reason i'm asking this is b/c i hit with the microgel prestige mp today and really like it but i'd like to demo/try the youtek prestige if it ever comes out. has the transition from lm prestige to flexpoint prestige to microgel prestige been smooth?

tribunal4555
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
The specs are similar as far as I know.

TnTBigman
07-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Balance is usually the same, but weight and flex differed. LM Prestige MP is a different cat than the FXP and MG. IMO the LM and MG Prestige MP versions share almost the same string bed feel and comfortable feel. But the MG is much much more comfortable. The i.Prestige mp was heavy and stiff, and the FXP prestige mp stringbed was dampened and the frame stiff.
WRT ease of usage of the Prestige MP line:- MG is the most easiest to use, then LM, then FXP. The i. was the mot difficult to use. String tension and type the same during usage of the various versions. Used em for atleast 4 months each. Kept the LM and MG midplus versions the longest (excess 1yr).

Gugafan
07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
The stock weights of the LM, FXP AND MG prestige have all been similar but the difference in swingweight is what stands out.

The Microgel notably swings abit too light, compared to previous prestige models. It is bewildering, why head have made a players racquet that light...Even the extreme and youtek radical have a higher SW then the MG Prestige MP!!

sensei
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
sweet i think i might go for the microgel. i'm coming from a babolat pure storm tour plus. hopefully the microgel prestiges go on sale or something. :)

TnTBigman
07-15-2009, 08:57 AM
very unlikely they'll go on sale. when the mg's came out, the fxp's were still $199 on tw.

eyeball
07-28-2009, 11:26 PM
The stock weights of the LM, FXP AND MG prestige have all been similar but the difference in swingweight is what stands out.

The Microgel notably swings abit too light, compared to previous prestige models. It is bewildering, why head have made a players racquet that light...Even the extreme and youtek radical have a higher SW then the MG Prestige MP!!

I've only played with the microgel of the prestige midplus lineup and I'm loving it. But looking at the specs of the prestige midplus line from i.prestige to microgel they look to have very close numbers.

i.prestige
Strung Weight: 12.1oz / 343g, Balance: 6pts Head Light
Swingweight: 324, Stiffness: 63

liqudmetal
Strung Weight: 11.9oz / 337g, Balance: 8pts Head Light
Swingweight: 325, Stiffness: 63

flexpoint
Strung Weight: 11.8oz / 335g, Balance: 6pts Head Light
Swingweight: 322, Stiffness: 65

microgel
Swingweight: 320, Stiffness: 63

how could the swingweight of these racquets really feel that different? does a SW of 325 vs 320 really make that much change?

Gee
07-29-2009, 01:42 AM
I've only played with the microgel of the prestige midplus lineup and I'm loving it. But looking at the specs of the prestige midplus line from i.prestige to microgel they look to have very close numbers.

i.prestige

liqudmetal

flexpoint
Swingweight: 322, Stiffness: 65

microgel

how could the swingweight of these racquets really feel that different? does a SW of 325 vs 320 really make that much change?
The sw of 320 of the microgel is not correct. Its sw seems to be 304 (like the MGP Pro by the way).

Meaghan
07-29-2009, 02:54 AM
never hit with the LM prestige but found the i.Prestige stiffer, have a more even balance point and higher SW than the others. Really difficult racket to weild.
The MG was really nice but lack of SW plays havoc with racket ooomph. Funnily enough I didnt find the FXP stiff , very similar to the MG but with noticable sw and pop difference.
The new Youtek Rads seem to have had a SW rethink as head have upped it so i think the new YTK prestige will also follow suite.

Gugafan
07-29-2009, 05:02 AM
The sw of 320 of the microgel is not correct. Its sw seems to be 304 (like the MGP Pro by the way).

Agreed..I own both the MGPMP and FXPPMP and the FXP swings significantly higher compared to the microgel.

Gugafan
07-29-2009, 05:04 AM

i.prestige

liqudmetal

flexpoint
Strung Weight: 11.8oz / 335g, Balance: 6pts Head LightSwingweight: 322, Stiffness: 65

microgel

The stats for the flexpoint are incorrect....It's 5 grams heavier and at least 7 points HL..The SW is also alot higher then the microgel.