PDA

View Full Version : Please compare the POG Mid with the POG Longbody (but shorter;) and Redondo MP

in-side-out
07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I have played with the POG mid a few years and I really enjoyed hitting with this stick. I play most of the time on red clay so I think something bigger could help me!? I have a OHB and like to spin a lot from the baseline but I trie to flat it more out to have more punch in my strokes. I have a big, loopy forehand, good serve and a bad OHB so I play a lot of slice. I would like to have a racquet whitch help me to play a better OHB and help me to crush the forehand deep ;==) Which of them would you think I should play?

My frame today is the Babolat Pure Control with 6 gram silicon at 3 and 9 position. The Swingweight must be something like 360. I dont like the extra lenght anymore and want to have something different than Babolat.

Does the Longbody play like a POG mid with bigger head or are they two totally different frames? Can I short the Longbody? What about the redondo MP for m gamestyle?

nethawkwenatchee
08-10-2009, 08:18 PM
It sounds like you need a frame with pretty even balance and maybe weighted down a bit? I think you should try the PT630... play around with the SW/Balance a bit.

Good Luck,

BDAZ
08-10-2009, 09:29 PM
POG mid and longbody are two completely different frames, IMO. the mid is stiffer, while the LB is very flexy (at least to me). i shortened my LB to 27 in. had to add weight to get it back up to 12 oz. or so. i know this isn't actually the case (so all you people who want to get on me for saying it, don't bother) but i've always felt that a racquet feels flexier when you add lead tape. so this makes the LB feel even more flexible to me. both are spin machines. i'm trying to find a string for the LB that makes it feel a little firmer. i love the feel of the mid, especially with gut (not too cost effective given the string pattern). if prince made the graphite with the exact feel of the mid, but with a true 95 inch head, that would be my holy grail, and the search would end.