PDA

View Full Version : Is Tennis Zen (Charn Buddhism) is disguise?

plasma
07-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Much of Eastern religion relates to authentic experience and personal awareness as opposed to belief. A major tenant is letting go. Being empty. Quieting ones thoughts to transcend and ascend.
As a coach we have to know a term called "paralysis by analysis": thinking too much. Before you hit the ball there are more calculations than one can consciously make, therefore intelligence and awarenss of an esoteric and exoteric nature is necessary.
Something which must be felt and experienced but cannot be described in words. You must let go of your thoughts to hit a ball. Yet to learn you must also be free of ego and assumption, seperate thoughts form emotions, only then can you think critically enough to reach the 36th chamber young grasshoppers...
http://i26.tinypic.com/av31ar.jpg
Trying to get arashiyama san here to use a more semi western mudra for more aggressive karma and enlightenment in the ad court...THe traditional clothing creates a pure traditional mind, respect for the ones who have gone before, and an awesome place to store the secret topspin scroll

Bud
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Much of Eastern religion relates to authentic experience and personal awareness as opposed to belief. A major tenant is letting go. Being empty. Quieting ones thoughts to transcend and ascend.
As a coach we have to know a term called "paralysis by analysis": thinking too much. Before you hit the ball there are more calculations than one can consciously make, therefore intelligence and awarenss of an esoteric and exoteric nature is necessary.
Something which must be felt and experienced but cannot be described in words. You must let go of your thoughts to hit a ball. Yet to learn you must also be free of ego and assumption, seperate thoughts form emotions, only then can you think critically enough to reach the 36th chamber young grasshoppers...
http://i26.tinypic.com/av31ar.jpg
Trying to get arashiyama san here to use a more semi western mudra for more aggressive karma and enlightenment in the ad court...THe traditional clothing creates a pure traditional mind, respect for the ones who have gone before, and an awesome place to store the secret topspin scroll

Nice hat! :grin:

It's funny... but I know exactly when I whiff a shot after having too much time to think about it... and chuckle when it occurs.

I think that's why I play better with someone who is more aggressive and tends to hit with some pace... it allows less time to think and analyze... more in the moment.

Sometimes, pushers can lull you into passiveness and boredom... causing deadened senses and overanalysis during shot selection.

plasma
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Nick Bolleteri recomends hitting out when you get tight. One of the ironies of this sport. Not a sport actually, much more. like my other sport it is several sports in one, a study of motion, an art.
Tennis is far more technically complex than other sports, that's why you must empty your cup whether learning boxing or tennis, many are too egotistical to admit their technical flaws and progress. The ego is a great enemy grasshopper, knowledge is power,
I will now slay you with my bone breaking chicken palm,,bkaaah
http://i30.tinypic.com/29410lz.jpg
look he is resistant to knives, he has the lucky buddha pendant, get you lucky buddha pendants and be invincible!!!