PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tape - Morning Thoughts

schap02
07-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Ok so I've been doing some experimenting w/ lead tape on my KBlades in hopes how giving them a little extra punch. I've heavily leaded the throats and put a few strips at 8 & 2 in the head...

Never really thought about it before - Does lead tape do anything to the physical part of the frame - like increase the potential for cracking or chipping?

I know the ? is random, just wondering...

FYI - KBlade plays SWEET leaded up as long as you can handle the weight.

ir0-ed
07-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Ok so I've been doing some experimenting w/ lead tape on my KBlades in hopes how giving them a little extra punch. I've heavily leaded the throats and put a few strips at 8 & 2 in the head...
lead on 8 & 2??? that's rather strange :confused:

hoodjem
07-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Yes, I've of 10 and 2 or 9 and 3, but not 8 and 2.

fantom
07-14-2009, 05:41 AM
He must be trying to make it's weight distribution similar to the Snauwaert Ergonom.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBOS-BSE2R.html

schap02
07-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Yes, I've of 10 and 2 or 9 and 3, but not 8 and 2.

Like I said I've just been experimenting ... put a diff replacement grip so the hands fits perfectly on the side displaying "KBLADE 98" upward so I tried 8 2 for a change in serves, works rather nice...

Second stick is leaded same way w/ 10 and 2 on the head which obviously gives a more even feel....

Like I said - just experimenting, I'm younger so I feel like I may as well try everything to see what it feels like...

Anyways - I also prefer the 1/4 lead as oppsed to the 1/2 - easier to work with