PDA

View Full Version : Prematch Postmatch

JongJong
07-14-2009, 08:46 AM
What are some of the things you are supssed to do prematch and postmatch? For example, stretch and eat postmatch and do dynamic stretch prematch. Any thing else?

SethIMcClaine
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Pre: Stretch, warm up, eat carbs, hydrate

plasma
07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
always stretch post match or your joints will weaken 2-3 days later, always eat a complete meal within an hour. Warm up properly. Loosen the joints properly or they will burn and fail in the match.
Pre-match you can get your sun protection on and hydrate or eat a tiny bit.....remind yourself what you want to work on and visualize, get tips from your coach or support team and practice tiny footwork split steps.
Post match you should write down what happened tactically and pointwise ,(good or bad) and refer to the notes later.
Also it's good to call your wife or gf after a match, thank your partner, and close the gate as you leave, making sure not to walk across others court during hitting or play.
The best advice I have is the black power fist. Although I am white I use this standard fist touching ghetto salute after freindly non tournament matches. SOme of these Shamus sweat like pigs and try to "glad hand" you, eeeeeewww, wipe that wet palm or just gimme "the pound"...homie...