PDA

View Full Version : Head MG Radical Pro...Headlightness?

TripleB
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I demoed the Head MicroGel Radical Pro many moons ago and from what I remember it seemed more headlight than the '4 points headlight' specs would indicate.

For anyone who plays with this racquet, or who has spent quite a bit of time on the court with this racquet, what are your thoughts on how headlight this racquet feels?

Thanks.

TripleB

logansc
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I actually hit with this stick for a bit last night at a local place. I thought it was sluggish. I felt like I had to really swing to get it to do anything. I was not a fan. If anything I thought it could be a bit heavier and a bit more headlight.

red7flag
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I have two and it does feel headlight, expecially when compared with the YT Rad Pro. SW MG = 319 4 pt HL vs YT = 345 2 pt HL. Just as those number indicate the the YT is more head heavy, but also hits a very powerful ball. You can feel the difference when you AB the 2 very easily. To me the MG feels very manoeuverable. Great at net.
Tony

IwishIwasbetter
07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
i am currently using and loving this racket right now. I tried the youtek radical pro , microgel prestige mid, and many other rackets, but the solid crisp feel and the pop on this one suits me perfectly. i would say its fairly headlight, making it fairly easy to swing as long as your a decent player.

MarrratSafin
07-14-2009, 03:34 PM
This is the best racquet I've used so far. It is headlight for sure, but only slightly. For me it's the perfect balance. Yours might be slightly off spec and you can add a bit of lead in the head to deal with it. Try the Prestige Pro and you'll notice it's even more headlight!:)

radical pro joe
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I found that I like it a little more head light and I added 6 grams to the but cap. I just switched to the youtek and I've added 12 grams in the but cap.