PDA

View Full Version : How do I join a league?

gameboy
07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I played in HS, club play in college and local club until I put the racquet down about 10 years ago. Recently, I started playing again and I am really enjoying it.

However, it is difficult to find willing partners and I would like to join a league so that I can get some good match experiences.

How do I go about joining a league? Do I need to be a USTA member first? Do I just contact regional coordinators?

Thanks for your help.

JoelDali
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
You need to know someone and get invited to jon. As for emailing coordinators, you'd have more of a chance hearing back from President Obama than them.

RedWeb
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
State the area where you live and I bet you'll have a few responses with lots of good information in a few days.

gameboy
07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I live in Seattle area. Too bad it is invitation only...

HookEmJeff
07-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I live in Seattle area. Too bad it is invitation only...

It's NOT invitation only, but it does help if you already have a team lined up.

Talk with your local coordinator and ask him/her to help place you on a team.
Go here: http://www.pnw.usta.com/PNW/Global/Custom%20Pages/USTA%20League/2444_Coordinators.aspx

It would help if you could determine your NTRP level prior as your coordinator is going to ask for your level. It's not going to be good enough to go "well, I used to be good in 1984 when I was playing three times a week." That's not going to help them one bit.

Talk with a pro at the facility you play at and ask them to watch you play and gauge your level (ask what NTRP you are).

Other than that, good luck and talk with the players in your area and ask them what teams they are on.

Jeff