PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Drive GT or Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500 Tour?

gamerx52986
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm looking for a recommendation from somebody who hopefully has tried both frames for a bit. I recently demo'd both frames from a local shop but ran into a few problems that is making my decision difficult. I really liked the Aerogel 500 Tour however I didn't get to try any serves with it because a string broke while using it. Went to trying the Pure Drive which felt decent but it was strung with a hybrid of Luxilon Big Banger and Wilson NXT and it felt alot different than the string setup I use (Tecnifibre NRG2). I could tell the racquet was more powerful than my current frame but it felt a little harsher than what I expected.

dacrymn
07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
how do you play (style wise)? the PDGT and the AG4D500 doesn't really occur to me as really that similar. As far as I can tell with what you wrote, you "really like" the AG but only thought the GT "felt decent."

justmaddy
07-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi I just had the same doubts and I went for Dunlop 4D 500, and its excellent. I love the swing power and its brilliant at net too which I missed a lil in pure drive. Pure drive is definitely better at baseline but I found 4D 500 a better all court racket. Another advantage is its weight which gives you leverage to customze it later accd to ur needs if you require. I put an extra lead tape on handle and its feels much better than pure drive. This is my personal experience. I hope to use this racket for a long time.

JackB1
08-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I have been demoing the 4D 500 Tour the last few days and love it! It is a touch lighter than the Pure Drive and a touch less stiff, but it feels great to me. The power level is perfect. I was considering a PD but am going with the Dunlop. Great looking frame too!

gslefeb
08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Does the 4D 500 Tour play better / different then the AG 500 Tour?