PDA

View Full Version : Prince EXO3 Graphite...

Molopo
07-14-2009, 10:23 PM
My coach brought one to practice the other day, and I tried it out. I was completely blown away. Every shot was crisp, and the feel was like butter. Really nice racket. However, I just bought a wilson k90; I don't want to buy an exo3 and waste that $200... How can I configure my racket so that it feels as good as the prince? Something my coach said was the prince's sweetspot is much larger, and that probably allowed me to high more quality shots. What should I do to make the sweet spot larger? Right now I have luxilon big banger alu power at 55lbs. Is lead tape going to increase the sweet spot/feel for me at all? If so, how should I go about putting it on? Any string suggestions? I think I might try a hybrid, so what strings would go well with my needs?

I also have a question about putting lead in the handle/butt cap - just how exactly do I take off the butt cap without removing and therefore ruining the factory grip? I really like the leather that is on there, and would hate to have to take it off and risk ruining the grip.

Thanks a ton for the attention, and sorry if this question seems redundant/"dumb". :???:

plowmanjoe
07-14-2009, 10:31 PM
just try the trading forums. you won't get a prince out of your k90.

and you can easily take your leather grip off without ruining it. as long as you're confident you can re-grip it well enough. just don't overlap like you would with an overgrip.

Molopo
07-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Aren't they the same price though? And I don't necessarily want to get rid of my racket, just modify it so that it feels more like a prince exo3.

plowmanjoe
07-14-2009, 10:45 PM
i meant you won't get a prince out of your k90 by modifying it.

you could probably do an even swap in terms of value.

if you like the prince better, i suggest trading away your wilson or selling it.

people get way to caught up in the whole modification scene. just get the best racquet first, then modify.