PDA

View Full Version : College Tennis Information

Georgecc
07-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I will be going to University in August/September, and I would like to do this in America hopefully with some form of tennis scolarship. I'm from England and I don't know that much about the college set up in America and was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice really on things such as how to get a scolarship and which colleges offer them really, as well as what divisions offer them.
Thanks a lot

Georgecc
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
-August/September 2010 I meant to put

NickC
07-15-2009, 11:04 AM
First things first, tell us a little bit about yourself (grades, playing ability, etc...) and we'll help you then. No sense helping someone who doesn't provide the basics first. We know nothing until you provide us with the information that helps us help you.

Georgecc
07-15-2009, 11:21 AM
First things first, tell us a little bit about yourself (grades, playing ability, etc...) and we'll help you then. No sense helping someone who doesn't provide the basics first. We know nothing until you provide us with the information that helps us help you.

Ok well I'm 18, I have good grades and should hopefully be finishing with a triple distinction on my college course( the highest grade) when i finish next May. I play tennis about 4 times a week, and have in the past been ranked quite highly in my county, but I haven't been doing tournaments much lately so I'm not at the moment. I'm very good athleticly as I'm strong, have good endurance as well as good speed and I believe my shots are pretty good in all areas. if you want any more information then let me know.

NickC
07-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Ok well I'm 18, I have good grades and should hopefully be finishing with a triple distinction on my college course( the highest grade) when i finish next May. I play tennis about 4 times a week, and have in the past been ranked quite highly in my county, but I haven't been doing tournaments much lately so I'm not at the moment. I'm very good athleticly as I'm strong, have good endurance as well as good speed and I believe my shots are pretty good in all areas. if you want any more information then let me know.

National ranking, serve speed, ITF experience if any.... Most coaches want to know what kind of player you are, if you've got a big weapon that can be developed, if you'll be a good doubles player (i.e big serve and good volleying skills), if you've got experience of playing at a very high level (international tournaments or big time national tournaments), etc...

Your grades sound great, so that isn't going to be an issue.