PDA

View Full Version : gamma g310 100sq?

Jsa2u
07-15-2009, 01:32 PM
anyone have anything to say about this stick? thanks a lot!

Jsa2u
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
nobody can seem to find anything on this mysterious stick including myself.:(

buffalobill3
07-18-2009, 07:45 AM
I hit with it once, sw seems much higher than specs say and I didn't like the balance of the it.

B. Bill

Jsa2u
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
bump? 10 chars

Jsa2u
07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
A small review:

I loved this racquet! It was strung with big ace 17 at high tension 65+lbs

Control: This is where the racquet shined! The flex is 63 but it felt a little stiffer (prolly strings) However I could not hit long with this stick! I really felt the control on service returns. I put them down the line and cross court with precision! The 16x19 string pattern prolly helped with this. 9/10

Power: This racquet really lacked in this area. Luckily I enjoy a super low powered stick. This was def the lowest powered racquet of any I have ever hit with. I have hit with around 15-20 sticks. Power on the serve wasn't that much different that another racquet but ground strokes took a little more whip like action to get them going. :) 5/10

Spin: Loads of topspin and kick. My serves hopped off the ground like never before! My slice stayed low and jolted sideways pulling my opponent wide. I have not ever played with a 16x19 pattern before and this blew me away with the spin. It felt like I could feel the felt sred off of the ball with every shot. I even called a few shots long with a sigh only to have them dip on the line and stay in play! It is rare I use a topspin lob but I couldn't miss with this racquet. 10/10

Feel: Another of the g310's strengths. At the net I had so much touch on the ball. I was dropping volleys and placing low volleys around the court. I have never had a dropshot until now. 9/10

This is a player's stick for someone looking for low power and great control as well as spin and feel. The power level is 900 (very low) but with a string besides a polly or atleast a polly at a lower tension the power would increase considerably. I think everyone should atleast demo a gamma g310 if you are looking for more control from a midplus racquet.

thanks for reading:)