PDA

View Full Version : Wilson FX Line

DownTheLine
07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Who else is disappointed in Wilson?

My reasoning is the whole FX line is just a slit in the throat of the stick trying to make it more aerodynamic. The sticks have the same paint job, same specs(As far as i think), same everything! They are doing nothing while Head, Babolat and Prince are coming out with new lines, mostly Head and Prince.

Wilson is just stinking it up...

JavierLW
07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Who else is disappointed in Wilson?

My reasoning is the whole FX line is just a slit in the throat of the stick trying to make it more aerodynamic. The sticks have the same paint job, same specs(As far as i think), same everything! They are doing nothing while Head, Babolat and Prince are coming out with new lines, mostly Head and Prince.

Wilson is just stinking it up...

The other brands are just as useless most of the time as well, dont let them fool you.

(Prince just puts bigger holes in it's racquet, and Head constantly comes up with ideas that are pretty much just a gimmick to sell more racquets)

Im more disappointed in Wilson for real reasons, like that you cant rely on them as far as getting a racquet that spec's out even close to what's advertised.

Technology is mostly fake anyway, so if you cant even get the weight and balance down, it's pretty much pointless buying a racquet from them.

(although word is Babolat has bad quality control as well)

tennisntn3477
07-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Go get a KTour FX and hit a few shots with it - then try a racquet with similar specs without the FX technology. There is a substantial reduction in twisting with the FX. It is a very stable racquet for it's light static weight, especially on outside the sweetspot shots. I'm not saying it is the best frame out there or that FX is the best technology out there, but it does have some basic merit.