PDA

View Full Version : How to give a racket a flexpoint paint job...

Kick Serve 14
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Could any one give me a link or instructions on how to paint a racket to look like a head flexpoint? I don't care about all of the details i just wanna know what i would have to do to black the frame out and paint the little "flexpoints" on the frame.

Kick Serve 14
07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Can anyone even send me a link to just doing a normal paintjob and let me figure the rest out on my own?

TuanDat
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
hmmm..from experience, you're not going to have the precision to put the flexpoint thingies on. unless you use a stencil. use two coats of primer. as many coats of spray pain you want, and finish off with a clear protective coat. be warned that if you do it this way, the balance will be severely compromised. my RDS001 plays a lot differently now. just from experience

Kick Serve 14
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
The balance doesn't matter, as i don't play with this racket, i just want something to hang up on the wall...

Zielmann
07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Just search the racquet threads for 'paint jobs' or 'custom paint' or something like that. You'll find some great info on how to do this.

As for making precise markings like that, you could do what one guy on here did, and make water-slide decals. That's probably easier than painting them on.