PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDiS 93

Chopin
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Yonex RDiS 93--great racquet. I'm so happy I made the switch. Great pop for a player's stick, solid, and nicely balanced. I think the feel is really nice with a multi like NRG--maybe not as buttery as some sticks, but still very, very nice.

I truly think this is one of the best racquet Yonex has ever put out.

Anyone else agree?

T1000
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I think it goes
1. rds 001
2. rdx 500
3. rds 001 2008
4. rdis 100

I tried so many different strings but i didnt like it

Chopin
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I think it goes
1. rds 001
2. rdx 500
3. rds 001 2008
4. rdis 100

I tried so many different strings but i didnt like it

What didn't you like? I like the RDiS more than any racquet I've ever used. My favorite 3 racquets of all time are:

Yonex RDiS 93
Yonex RD-7
Babolat AeroPro Drive w/Cortex

They're all quite different from one another.

tribunal4555
07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Yonex RDiS 93--great racquet. I'm so happy I made the switch. Great pop for a player's stick, solid, and nicely balanced. I think the feel is really nice with a multi like NRG--maybe not as buttery as some sticks, but still very, very nice.

I truly think this is one of the best racquet Yonex has ever put out.

Anyone else agree?

I really like the Yonex racquets, but I just can't focus w/ that head shape.. my eyes gravitate to it. No really. I'm serious. The head shape distracts me.

T1000
07-15-2009, 07:09 PM
What didn't you like? I like the RDiS more than any racquet I've ever used. My favorite 3 racquets of all time are:

Yonex RDiS 93
Yonex RD-7
Babolat AeroPro Drive w/Cortex

They're all quite different from one another.

It didnt feel like any of the other ones. way too much power and the feel was awful for me. I liked the crispness of the rds and the rdx overall. just couldnt get used to my rdis

Jagman
07-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, I very much agree that the RDiS Mid will become a notable addition to the Yonex lineup over time. I thought the RDiS a big step up for Yonex. Typically good on groundies, with excellent stability and control, the RDiS also has exceptional batspeed for a Yonex. The added spin and power make the RDiS a formidable all-court weapon. Neither as buttery smooth as the RQiS or as crisp as the RDS, the RDiS retains elements of both when feathering a drop volley or crushing a sitter. While I might consider the feel to be somewhat muted, that isn't necessarily a fair statement either, as it certainly richer --- IMO --- than say a Prince. Perhaps a "thwak" instead of a "thwok"? At any rate, a satisfying hit. A very good player's racquet, even comparing across brands. It will be interesting to see where Yonex goes from here.

iksmols
07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
I love the racquet . I have never felt so confident with any other before , it just does everything so well . This is actually my first yonex that I really like . What do you string yours with ? Topspin Cyberflash 16 @ 55 lb works well for me.

In D Zone
07-17-2009, 01:27 PM
As expected you'll get people disagreeing on RDis.

I admit I had to tinker with mine before I finally got the right set up on the RDiS. I added and removed the lead; thought of going back to stock might help me with increasing my racquet speed. This experiment was good for a week but I noticed I was over hitting my shots. So I decided to add the lead back, all is good but this time the stock grip just did not feel right. I think it was too thin or something that bothered me. Last Monday, I decided to remove the stock grip on both of my RDIS and replaced with my favorite Head Hydrosorb grip.
Viola! it not only felt good but I was able to match both of the RDiS to weight exactly the same.
I purchased 2 RDiS from two different seller - first copy was used, second copy new from Canada. I am really impressed - I was able to match the 2 RdIS exactly the same weight. Both came in at 12.6oz.

Yonex quality rules!

In D Zone
07-17-2009, 01:31 PM
YES! I think the RDiS is one of the best frame made by Yonex.

Great balance on every aspect of the game. Perfect for all court player like me. I noticed one big improvement that I was able to whip up my approach shot with some pace and spin. I am also impress on how deep and low are my slices - may be I just improving but I think its the frame. It is stiff but with the right tension and string setup - its a sweet racquet to play.

Definitely much powerful than RDS001 mid.

Racquet 1 - Pro Supex Premier Ace 17g 52lbs (M) / Pro Supex Spiral Flex 16g 54lbs (X)
Racquet 2 - Babolat Hurricane Tour 17g 52lbs (M) / Pro Supex Spiral Flax 16g 54lbs (black - X)

Chopin
07-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, mine came strung with Head PPS Synthetic Gut 16 at 60 pounds and I liked that when it softened up. Then I went to NRG 16 at 63 pounds and after breaking it in for a set or so, I'm happy with it. I might even go up to 65 pounds next time as my serves were flying a bit. Another thing I like about the racquet is the 15 pound tension range.

Dennis Anyone?
07-19-2009, 10:05 AM
After reading your comments, I might have to give in and demo. I used to be a big Yonex guy, but the RDC of this stick has given me pause. I'm a big fan of the RDX 500's feel, and TW rates the RDiS as stiffer than the K90. I've cleared out all racquets except the Donnay Pro One, but I wouldn't mind a little more pop. (The Volkl PB 10 looks like another competitor, but on the other side of the stiffness scale.)