PDA

View Full Version : Need some racquet suggestions.

teamnowak
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I am about a 4.0 player. I have a strong, relatively flat forehand and a average two-handed backhand. I currently play with a Head Flexpoint Instinct and love it for groundstrokes. Great depth and control. Thing is, I don't do well with it at the net (and serves aren't great). I used to play doubles and was a very good net player years back. I truly think it is the racquet.

I want something comparable in terms of control, but more maneuverable at the net. I'd like to stay in the 98 to 100 size range. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about looking at the whole Radical series (Liquidmetal, Flexpoint, Microgel, and Youtek).

teamnowak
07-16-2009, 03:54 AM
Bueller? Bueller?

fuzz nation
07-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Given its price and overall performance, the LM Radical is a great place to start. It's not quite as head-light in balance as some other racquets and that may make it seem less maneuverable than it could be up at net, but it's a rather nice hitter.

You can get away with a heavier racquet if it has a significantly head-light balance (7-8 pts. or more) and you ought to see some more stability with it, too. If you like the gear that Head puts out, you could also stand to look at their Prestiges. If my memory isn't too fuzzy, your Instinct is probably a little lighter and more stiff than some of the Prestiges so trying some different racquets on the practice courts will require a little patience to hit well with slightly different timing.