PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive GT, Aero Storm, or RQiS 1 Tour XL?

TripleB
07-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Going to demo four racquets. Definites are the Yonex RDiS 300 and Yonex RDiS 100 Midplus while the Gamma T-7 is a probable (love the specs, box frame, and all graphite).

That leaves three racquets fighting for that last demo spot:
Babolat Pure Drive GT
Babolat Aero Storm Light
Yonex RQiS 1 Tour XL

Of the three, which do you think would offer the best combo of control, spin, solid feel, and touch?

Thanks for all your help.

TripleB

some6uy008
07-15-2009, 10:01 PM
GT, because I've heard only good things so far about it.

coolblue123
07-16-2009, 03:17 AM
I have a aerostorm 2008 right now. I've played with the PD-GT as well. I like the PD-GT alot. AS has alot more control and touch. Also, AS has more of a classic box frame feel than than the PD-GT. I haven't played with the RQis1-XL yet. But did played with the light. The yonex does have the most control out of the three choices mentioned here.

Why not try the PD-GT? It's definitely a different racquet than the other 2 you are demo'ing.

sUnTaO
07-17-2009, 05:32 AM
i play with Rqis 1 tour xl now, it is very control oreint racket and good at spin . i love it!!

tennisegg
07-17-2009, 06:36 AM
i play with Rqis 1 tour xl now, it is very control oreint racket and good at spin . i love it!!

What's the power like on the XL version? I've heard it packs a lot more punch compared to the original, but that may or may not be saying much according to the TW review of the original...

MethodTennis
07-17-2009, 07:07 AM
GT took me some real getting used to after i switched from me KBT but was realy worth it But im only a 5ft 1" 13year old so the gt might be too lig.ht for an adult. I still think the 2003 pure drive team is better. The cortex is the only down side to the racket IMO probably cos I hate shock absorbers.

TripleB
07-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, I just couldn't decide on a 4th one to try.

A buddy of mine wanted to try the RQiS 1 Tour XL 95 so I ordered it. Now he better be willing to get out and hit with me at any time while I have the demos :mrgreen:.

Also ordered the Gamma T-7, Yonex RDiS 300, and Yonex RDiS 100 Midplus.

Thanks for all the votes and opinions. I apologize for not going with the majority of votes but my friend really wanted to try the RQiS.

TripleB

pbrommer
07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I think you'll enjoy the RQiS Tour XL. I just finished demoing this racquet along with three others over the past week (Dunlop 4d Tour 300, Volkl DNX 9, Microgel Prestige Pro). It was a nice hit. Decent power (but not a lot of free power). I did not like whatever strings were in the racquet, and that caused some feel and control issues.
My biggest issue with the RQiS Tour XL was that it was light and swung fairly light compared to my usual sticks (Prince Tour Diablo Mid/Dunlop M-Fil 300 with lead/i.Prestige MP -- yes I change sticks a lot, I can't settle). The swingweight takes a bit to get used to as I was early at times, but it felt good after playing a longer match.
I definitely liked the racquet minus the loud paintjob. It's really quite purple!
Good luck on your demos. Let me know if you want more of my "review."

Patrick

P.S. Yes, new poster. Avid forum watcher.

sUnTaO
07-18-2009, 08:31 AM
What's the power like on the XL version? I've heard it packs a lot more punch compared to the original, but that may or may not be saying much according to the TW review of the original...

yeah, XL power is more than the original's. i think the original is a little bit less power for me. and xl power is so right for me , not too much but not too less. oh i think it is more feeling and comfort than the old one .

yoh4u
07-18-2009, 05:00 PM
The gt is great but after i while, FOR ME at least, i felt a little pain in my elbow. Its probably not the racquet just the sheer change in flex to my Yonex Rqis 1 tour. I used the aero storm before its a really good racquet to hit with. Though i would suggest the aeropro Drive cortex