PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Transition (Kblade Tour to Head Speed Pro)

Tyrus
07-15-2009, 11:15 PM
So i have been playing with the Kblade Tour (93) for about 6 months, and can say i'm content with it, minus my terribly shanked balls every so often.

Keep in mind, i'm not a Djokovic fan.

I hit with the Head Speed Pro, i think it's a dramatically different racket given it's headsize, open string pattern and the new technology, not to mention the aesthetics of the racket are phenomenal.

I tried the speed pro for the hell of it in May and fell in love first shot, demoed it last week, decided i was going to buy it then fell into some buyers remorse.

I take huge swings, play a mainly baseline game (growing up on the hard-tru clay), and i'm a 3.5 -4.0 player trying to move into a consistent 4.0 game.

I can't decide, both rackets have been great, but dramatically different, my game fits the speed pro, but the blade is what i'm mostly used to.

Any and all opinions are helpful in making this decision, i know it's mine and mine alone, but outside help works.

Thanks

Also, during the demo and compare/contrast period, i have had no arm/elbow issues! which has been awesome!

plowmanjoe
07-15-2009, 11:18 PM
play with your new racquet for a week. and then go back to your old racquet. you'll pretty much know at that point which racquet you really prefer. try not to switch just because you have to have the latest thing.

Xythro
07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
I've tried both rackets before and i can say that the speed pro offers more comfort and more leverage because of the 98hs so shanks wont hurt as much as it would on the KBT 93hs. Only different is the string pattern because the Speed pro is more open and it really depends on your preference if you prefer the open or dense pattern. If you prefer the open then I would make the switch however if you like the dense, I suggest trying the K blade 98 or something else that has a bigger hs and a dense string pattern