PDA

View Full Version : FS: Three (3) Wimbledon Boron Pro, $119

Colpo
07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Selling three (3) Wimbledon Boron Pro racquets AS A PACKAGE, varying in condition from 7.5 - 8.5 on a 10 scale - no bumpers on two of them as they are 1st generation so there are paint rubs and wear on the heads, as well as general rubs and chips on the frame bodies (I do have matched black Babolat head tape on all three, improving the overall look of the bunch) - some paint-loss areas were touched up well with gold model paint

Racquets are absolutely playable with no structural damage - in fact, I recently restrung two of them with a superpoly/synth hybrid and they hit great

Thin beam (maybe 18-19mm), gold-tone gloss paint with Prince-copy double cross bar design, 98 HEAD SIZE, graphite/boron composites

The two 1st generation bumperless are both marked 4 3/8 grips - the bumpered 2nd generation is unmarked but feels like a 1/2 or a 5/8 (not sure) - ALL THREE FRAMES HAVE ORIGINAL WIMBLEDON BRANDED LEATHER GRIPS

This model was first introduced in 1984 when the Wimbledon brand was first launched by Kunnan, Pro Kennex's manufacturer. The Boron Pro was the flagship through the mid-80s. Retail was easily over $200/each. A clear take on the Prince Boron, released in '82.

They play stiff for a thin beam frame, with great feel and a nice neutral grip shape. A rare 98 head size for that time, when one saw mostly 85 or 110. Relatively lightweight for that time, maybe right around 12 oz. strung so not a chore to get around today.

Paypal only, add $15 for shipping, email me at sandro.battaglia@gmail.com if interested

Problx
04-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Selling three (3) Wimbledon Boron Pro racquets AS A PACKAGE, varying in condition from 7.5 - 8.5 on a 10 scale - no bumpers on two of them as they are 1st generation so there are paint rubs and wear on the heads, as well as general rubs and chips on the frame bodies (I do have matched black Babolat head tape on all three, improving the overall look of the bunch) - some paint-loss areas were touched up well with gold model paint

Racquets are absolutely playable with no structural damage - in fact, I recently restrung two of them with a superpoly/synth hybrid and they hit great

Thin beam (maybe 18-19mm), gold-tone gloss paint with Prince-copy double cross bar design, 98 HEAD SIZE, graphite/boron composites

The two 1st generation bumperless are both marked 4 3/8 grips - the bumpered 2nd generation is unmarked but feels like a 1/2 or a 5/8 (not sure) - ALL THREE FRAMES HAVE ORIGINAL WIMBLEDON BRANDED LEATHER GRIPS

This model was first introduced in 1984 when the Wimbledon brand was first launched by Kunnan, Pro Kennex's manufacturer. The Boron Pro was the flagship through the mid-80s. Retail was easily over $200/each. A clear take on the Prince Boron, released in '82.

They play stiff for a thin beam frame, with great feel and a nice neutral grip shape. A rare 98 head size for that time, when one saw mostly 85 or 110. Relatively lightweight for that time, maybe right around 12 oz. strung so not a chore to get around today.

Paypal only, add $15 for shipping, email me at sandro.battaglia@gmail.com if interested

Looking for Black Wimbledon Total Eclipse 88/98 specifically.