PDA

View Full Version : KPro Tour vs K6.1 Team

mrsandoo
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
How do these two racquets compare? I have been using the K6.1 Tour 90 ever since it came out and despite how much I love the control of that racquet theres 3 big problems.

#1. I don't feel like I get enough power out of the racquet for the amount of strength I put into each shot. To put this in perspective, I tried the pure drive and the power was simply incredible. I was able to hit much harder for a lot less effort.

#2. Volleys. The Tour 90 seems to have such a small margin of error.

#3. Elbow problems with serves. Probably has something to do with swinging a steel bar (that's what my friends dubbed the tour 90)

The bottom line is I can play well with the tour 90, but I feel like it is really holding me back.

So I've narrowed down the list to the K6.1 Team and the KPro Tour. I feel that having a slightly larger head and lighter frame will help alleviate some of the problems.

How do the two racquets compare? Which one would better help me address the problems I am experiencing?

Jessica
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
the Kpro tour is not that great. But I leaded mine up at the 3 and 9. Now, it's just as easy to swing but it also has plenty of heft and power. Sort of like a easier to use version of the k 95

ryangoring
07-17-2009, 07:35 AM
i have 3 kpt, i like the weight and i like to power thru the ball. great on volleys and groundies. i have a 1hbh also and i can whip the it around like no other.
nice feel on serving, not a lot of pop on the serve but if you have the speed the strength it works nicely.
lots of spin that you can generate with this as well.
it feels like the PSC 6.1 but a little bit on the lighter side.
i played with the PSC 6.1 back in school and this just feels like.
here is some other review:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3108790&postcount=311

balagtasboy
07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
power for the KPT for me is not a problem since I play full swing at both wings, I feel its a great racket for me since I've been attracting a lot of eyes recently with the Kpro Tour at my hand, the downside is that it is a bit unstable although I think I can adjust to its negatives, I am still into getting to know process with this stick.....