PDA

View Full Version : Great Athletic DNA article on Tennisrecruiting.net

Athletic DNA
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
The Tennisrecruitng Network along with Collete Lewis of Zootennis have put up a great article.

http://tennisrecruiting.net/Default.asp

Enjoy!

tennismsands
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah, just read it a few hours ago. When they say top 500 nationally, do you know if they mean on Tennis Recruiting or the USTA Rankings???

Athletic DNA
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, just read it a few hours ago. When they say top 500 nationally, do you know if they mean on Tennis Recruiting or the USTA Rankings???

For the ADNA Sponsorship program we use the 2008 year end rankings. I encourage everyone to apply for sponsorship at
http://athleticdna.com/Juniors.aspx?showcaseid=100

maximo
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
For the ADNA Sponsorship program we use the 2008 year end rankings. I encourage everyone to apply for sponsorship at

hey,

Any info on whether your gear could be shipped to Europe?

Tom C
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Athletic DNA seems like a solid company. Paul Pisani trains a few of their clients. Deiton Baughman has a full sponsorship with DNA and I know of another junior who has a partial sponsorship (which is a very good deal). They take in consideration national ranking but for a full sponsorship it's more of a "development for the future" type of thought process.

stanfordtennis alum
07-17-2009, 08:37 AM
good article, great company, excellent future as well...

TnsMan2
07-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Athletic DNA seems like a solid company. Paul Pisani trains a few of their clients. Deiton Baughman has a full sponsorship with DNA and I know of another junior who has a partial sponsorship (which is a very good deal). They take in consideration national ranking but for a full sponsorship it's more of a "development for the future" type of thought process.

i heard the Baughman kid has spent this last week working with Pisani of Athletic DNA , The man a real professional from what ive heard and really takes it to you.

10isplayer
07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
^^
Thanks for the update brad

tennisoz
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
The clothes look great and the sponsorship direction is good, but how long does it take to get a reply from the website? have sent 2 emails...1st 3 weeks ago.....and no replys etc......

tennisoz
07-23-2009, 05:34 PM

Just wondering what the turn around time is for a reply with sponsorship enquiries? I'm guessing you guys are fairly busy...sent an application a few weeks ago and hadn't heard. Thanks

star 5 15
07-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I never heard back either.

SoCalDominates
07-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Why do you do this? Do you make exceptions? Because I, for example, have improved a ton since the end of 08 moving from 60 to top 20 in my section and 500 to 130 in the nation. So in a sense your company ADNA is punishing me for working hard to get better at the wrong time. Meanwhile other clothing companies have offered me packages and discounts because of my current ranking. Just a suggestion: you should look at current ranking or make exceptions.

TennisTaxi
07-25-2009, 07:16 AM
I just wanted to let the doubting forum members know that my son received a favorable response from Athletic DNA. My son applied, received a confirmation e-mail fairly quickly, and was granted a 2* discount at 50% off. If you have not received a response, I would maybe try again. :)

norcal22
07-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Why do you do this? Do you make exceptions? Because I, for example, have improved a ton since the end of 08 moving from 60 to top 20 in my section and 500 to 130 in the nation. So in a sense your company ADNA is punishing me for working hard to get better at the wrong time. Meanwhile other clothing companies have offered me packages and discounts because of my current ranking. Just a suggestion: you should look at current ranking or make exceptions.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

TennisTaxi
07-27-2009, 05:51 PM
I just wanted to let the doubting forum members know that my son received a favorable response from Athletic DNA. My son applied, received a confirmation e-mail fairly quickly, and was granted a 2* discount at 50% off. If you have not received a response, I would maybe try again. :)

My son received his contract via e-mail...the company wants him to pay $40 a month membership fee..what a joke!!

mcutilize
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM
My son received his contract via e-mail...the company wants him to pay $40 a month membership fee..what a joke!!

well its a small new brand out of washington so they need the money to get bigger.

if u dont want to pay the 40 bucks give the contract to me i would be glad to do it

TennisNinja
07-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Uhhhh I did not know that at all otherwise I wouldn't have signed up. I barely played any tournaments in 08 and was ranked in the 100's. I agree with SoCal how it should be about how you're playing now, not from a year ago because even in the last few months I've improved a lot, beating guys who beat me in previous tournaments pretty bad.

TennisCoachFLA
07-27-2009, 06:15 PM

You should post that contract so we can read it over, deleting any personal information. We need to establish what is really going on with that 'sponsorship'. What is offered in exchange for $40/month? Does it cancel out the savings on supplies? If so, this sounds suspect.....what would be the benefit to the kids?

TennisNinja
07-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Here's my rejection letter if anyone is interested haha. :)

Dear ********,

Thank you for applying for Athletic DNA sponsorship. We’re overwhelmed by the number of highly competitive tennis players who have applied for our program! Our ADNA Select Membership Evaluation Board has reviewed each applicant on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, at this stage, you do not qualify for the program.

So, what does this mean?

We consider USTA and Sectional end- of- year rankings in our selection process. You may reapply each calendar year.

Our Director of Player Relations, Evan Zeder, attends many of the major National and Regional Tournaments. He is always watching and assessing players for sponsorship. Don’t hesitate to introduce yourself next time you see him.

As an athlete-owned, athlete-inspired company, we believe in doing all we can to support athletes. Though, you do not qualify for sponsorship at this time, please stay in touch. We look forward to hearing about your big wins and results.

You can continue to follow us on AthleticDNA.com. We’re introducing Training tools and support designed to help players take their games to the next level.

Again, thank you so much for your interest in Athletic DNA. Please do not hesitate to contact us at info@athleticdna.com if you have questions. We’d love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out the new products now available through http://www.athleticdna.com.

Best,

Michael Calkins

Director of Pro Athlete Relations

TennisCoachFLA
07-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Here's my rejection letter if anyone is interested haha. :)

Dear ********,

Thank you for applying for Athletic DNA sponsorship. We’re overwhelmed by the number of highly competitive tennis players who have applied for our program! Our ADNA Select Membership Evaluation Board has reviewed each applicant on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, at this stage, you do not qualify for the program.

So, what does this mean?

We consider USTA and Sectional end- of- year rankings in our selection process. You may reapply each calendar year.

Our Director of Player Relations, Evan Zeder, attends many of the major National and Regional Tournaments. He is always watching and assessing players for sponsorship. Don’t hesitate to introduce yourself next time you see him.

As an athlete-owned, athlete-inspired company, we believe in doing all we can to support athletes. Though, you do not qualify for sponsorship at this time, please stay in touch. We look forward to hearing about your big wins and results.

You can continue to follow us on AthleticDNA.com. We’re introducing Training tools and support designed to help players take their games to the next level.

Again, thank you so much for your interest in Athletic DNA. Please do not hesitate to contact us at info@athleticdna.com if you have questions. We’d love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out the new products now available through http://www.athleticdna.com.

Best,

Michael Calkins

Director of Pro Athlete Relations

Well, don't sweat it. From the looks of the website, just go to any nice sporting goods store and buy those clothes cheaper anyway. The Under Armour stuff has a great track record and is cheaper. Not sure what the deal is with this 'new' company asking kids for $40/month.

schaefferm46
07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/mschaeffer46/dna5.jpg

Here is the Table they sent me when in my package when i got accepted. I dont understand why everyone is complaining. How many other companies will take into account your first year of an age division?

10isplayer
07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
how much discount is there for each level?

TennisNinja
07-27-2009, 07:20 PM
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/mschaeffer46/dna5.jpg

Here is the Table they sent me when in my package when i got accepted. I dont understand why everyone is complaining. How many other companies will take into account your first year of an age division?

That's cool, I know who you are :). You play in the PNW right?

Well you're really good and would beat me like 1-1 or something like that, and you already had a solid ranking. What people are most curious about is why ADNA chooses to base who it hands out sponsorships to solely on the end of the year rankings, not what they are now.

himynameisNIKE
07-27-2009, 07:21 PM
thanks for posting that it should clear up some confusion. you have to email them and they "assess" you based on your ranking and decide how much of a discount you get

SoCalDominates
07-27-2009, 07:31 PM

Go to Ultimate Sponsorship Thread page 25. I called it exactly

himynameisNIKE
07-27-2009, 07:37 PM

well mabe your son should get better at tennis you wont have to pay that OUTRAGEOUS amount of 40 dollars a month :shock:

10isplayer
07-27-2009, 07:42 PM
^^
wow that is an incredibly mean thing to say

TennisTaxi
07-27-2009, 08:02 PM
well mabe your son should get better at tennis you wont have to pay that OUTRAGEOUS amount of 40 dollars a month :shock:

Oh I see, they are "offering" a sponsorship that we have to PAY for... and my son should get better...well, he is working on getting better, but I guess we have intelligence on our side...you go pay the $40 a month...IDIOT:confused:

and I assure you, he would kick your a**!!

SoCalDominates
07-27-2009, 08:09 PM

I know who you are and I would destroy you and Im not gunna pay the 40 bucks a month so dont think that because you get to pay 40 a month that your good lol

himynameisNIKE
07-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh I see, they are "offering" a sponsorship that we have to PAY for... and my son should get better...well, he is working on getting better, but I guess we have intelligence on our side...you go pay the $40 a month...IDIOT:confused:

and I assure you, he would kick your a**!!

even if you pay it you are still saving a lot of money i already did the math ok??? so dont call it a "joke" just because you arent getting the free clothes you think your son deserves.

10isplayer
07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
when did he ever say that his son deserves free clothes??

it sounds like to me that with the ADNA sponsorship level that TennisTaxi's son is at is where you have to pay $40 a month for the membership IN ADDITION to paying a discounted fee for the clothes.

himynameisNIKE
07-27-2009, 08:33 PM
when did he ever say that his son deserves free clothes??

it sounds like to me that with the ADNA sponsorship level that TennisTaxi's son is at is where you have to pay $40 a month for the membership IN ADDITION to paying a discounted fee for the clothes.

yes you are saving money including the monthly fee

TennisCoachFLA
07-28-2009, 07:11 AM
yes you are saving money including the monthly fee

Nonsense....no real sponsorship costs money up front. $150 down and $40/month.

The 'discount' won't pay off at all. You could buy just as good or better stuff at Under Armour for the same as their "discount". Go to any sporting goods store or online and see the same clothes 20% cheaper....and 10 times the selection. In fact most of their clothes just look like they bought some Under Armour stuff and jacked up the prices.

This sounds like a pure money making scheme in every single way.

A real sponsorship offers a flat out discount which makes the products wholesale prices....along with free goody packs once or twice a year. In exchange the company gets the benefit of very highly ranked kids showing off their stuff. The other kids and parents buy the products...thats how a REAL sponsorship works.

You don't PAY for a sponsorship with the hope that if you buy enough stuff your discount will exceed the fees!!!

That nonsense trick is as old as retail itself. Blow smoke up people's behinds and let them send you money.

TennisTaxi
07-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Thank you TennisCoach FLA....Exactly!! And I forgot to mention my son has a partial sponsorship from Babolat and they do not ask for $$ other than the cost of the goods you purchase. What did P.T. Barnum say?:shock:

The 'discount' won't pay off at all. You could buy just as good or better stuff at Under Armour for the same as their "discount". Go to any sporting goods store or online and see the same clothes 20% cheaper....and 10 times the selection. In fact most of their clothes just look like they bought some Under Armour stuff and jacked up the prices.

A real sponsorship offers a flat out discount which makes the products wholesale prices....along with free goody packs once or twice a year. In exchange the company gets the benefit of very highly ranked kids showing off their stuff. The other kids and parents buy the products...thats how a REAL sponsorship works.

You don't PAY for a sponsorship with the hope that if you buy enough stuff your discount will exceed the fees!!!

That nonsense trick is as old as retail itself. Blow smoke up people's behinds and let them send you money.

himynameisNIKE
07-28-2009, 09:54 AM
yeah thats rackets not clothes kinda different. name one other comapny that specifically gives clothing sponsorships?

the spnsorships dont really make sense if you are a one star or 2. 4 star discount is great and you are paying waaaayy less than 40 a month

tennisnoob2
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM

hes right. only a fool would fall for this. Bold=how it works everywhere else

tennisnoob2
07-28-2009, 10:33 AM
yeah thats rackets not clothes kinda different. name one other comapny that specifically gives clothing sponsorships?

the spnsorships dont really make sense if you are a one star or 2. 4 star discount is great and you are paying waaaayy less than 40 a month

you pay over 40 dollars a month for new clothes just for tennis? what are you? a girl?

clothing only sponsorship
Fila
Kswiss
Reebok
Under armour(maybe?)
Asics too i guess

shoes count as clothing

Kostas
07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow...I just realized that I'm sponsored by Sam's Club.

I only pay $35 a month and if I buy enough stuff it totally makes it worth it.

tennisnoob2
07-28-2009, 10:35 AM

you mean that you are a member at sam's club? lol

himynameisNIKE
07-28-2009, 10:40 AM
IM NOT PAYING 40 DOLLARS A MONTH!! my brother is a 4 star and he is paying like 15 a month plus the 75 percent off clothes! alright????

mcutilize
07-28-2009, 10:48 AM

wow that was great haha

Athletic DNA
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Athletic DNA is very proud of its ADNA Select Sponsorship Program which is offered to a much broader audience than most, if not all, sponsorship programs currently available to junior tennis players in the US.

ADNA Select is available to juniors with a top 500 USTA National Ranking or a top 40 USTA Sectional Ranking.
- In comparison other programs, such as the adiPlayer program, is currently only offered to top 100 USTA National Ranking or top 25 USTA Sectional Ranking.

ADNA Select rewards individual results by offering an increased discount as rankings go up. The ADNA Select discount varies from 25% for a player with top 500 USTA National Ranking to 80% for a player with a top 10 USTA National Ranking. (Full sponsorship is granted at the sole discretion of the ADNA Talent Evaluation Team.)
- In comparison, other programs, again such as the adiPlayer program, currently offers a discount of approximately 40% - across the board.

The ADNA Select Sponsorship Program requires that a player buys the ADNA Select Starter Pack. The purchase of the ADNA Select Starter Pack enables a player to buy and try Athletic DNA's products before the player joins ADNA Select Sponsorship Program. Naturally the price of the ADNA Select Starter Pack depends on the player's discount level. The purchase of the ADNA Select Starter Pack enables a player to buy and try Athletic DNA's products before the player joins ADNA Select Sponsorship Program.
- The majority of the other sponsorship programs, such as adiPlayer and Prince Preferred Team Member programs, offer their sponsored players similar packages.

Following the purchase and evaluation of the ADNA Select Starter Pack a player may choose to join the ADNA Select Sponsorship Program. An ADNA Select Sponsored Player with a standard membership will receive more than 30 pieces of product each year. The shipments are spread over the year to replace existing products. The total retail value of the products received by a ADNA Select Sponsored Player with a standard membership over the year range from about $800 for a Youth member to about $1,000 for an Adult member. Again, the price the ADNA Select Sponsored Player pays for these products depends on the ADNA Select Sponsored Player's discount level. For simplicity the ADNA Select Sponsorship Program requires that the total amount is paid in 12 equal monthly payments over the year.

Athletic DNA's high performance apparel utilizes the latest in textile technology and is tested and validated by world-class players. If you are a potential ADNA Select Sponsored Player, we encourage you to obtain a ADNA Select Starter Pack and give the Athletic DNA products a try - you will not be disappointed!

Athletic DNA - it's in your blood!

10isRocs
07-28-2009, 12:58 PM
No, the way it works is that you pay for the starter pack and then, whatever your star level, you pay a certain amount per month. DNA will then send you 3 other packages per year with clothing, socks, hats etc. In essence you pay for the stuff over a 12 months period with that monthly fee. Depending on your star level, you do get the stuff discounted but just don't pay for it when ordered.

mcutilize
07-28-2009, 01:07 PM
gaaahhh i want sponsorship. dam ranking

TennisNinja
07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
gaaahhh i want sponsorship. dam ranking

Haha me too. I'm at which 69 sucks. And I have my wins from another tourney but that'll just move me up to the high 50's.

tenniscrazed
07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Time for some math on this one.

"An ADNA Select Sponsored Player with a standard membership will receive more than 30 pieces of product each year."

Assuming that you get the 50% off of the retail @ 900 means you're paying approx. 450.00 per year. Sounds great...right.

450.00 per year for 30 pieces (note "pieces", could be hats, socks, wrist band, a pair of shorts, and a couple of shirts etc).

So if my math is right this comes to $15.00 per piece, per year. Now I'm no rocket scientist but does this seem a little pricey to anyone other than me?

10 shirts on sale at TW or other online retailer $15.00 = $150.00
10 shorts on sale at TW or other online retailer $15.00 = $150.00
Combo of 10 (hats, wristband, socks) another $150.00

I'm confused

mcutilize
07-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Time for some math on this one.

"An ADNA Select Sponsored Player with a standard membership will receive more than 30 pieces of product each year."

Assuming that you get the 50% off of the retail @ 900 means you're paying approx. 450.00 per year. Sounds great...right.

450.00 per year for 30 pieces (note "pieces", could be hats, socks, wrist band, a pair of shorts, and a couple of shirts etc).

So if my math is right this comes to $15.00 per piece, per year. Now I'm no rocket scientist but does this seem a little pricey to anyone other than me?

10 shirts on sale at TW or other online retailer $15.00 = $150.00
10 shorts on sale at TW or other online retailer $15.00 = $150.00
Combo of 10 (hats, wristband, socks) another $150.00

I'm confused

athletic dna > anything.

quality and feeling is amazing

tenniscrazed
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
athletic dna > anything.

Hardly it's polyester or a poly blend. Nike's been doing it for years its called (dri fit).

FYI I just priced 3 Nike Dri Fit shirts, and 3 Nike dri fit shorts. Total price $92.00 no tax, no shipping.

Doesn't sound like much of a sponsorship to me just good ole fashion smart marketing.

mcutilize
07-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Hardly it's polyester or a poly blend. Nike's been doing it for years its called (dri fit).

FYI I just priced 3 Nike Dri Fit shirts, and 3 Nike dri fit shorts. Total price $92.00 no tax, no shipping.

Doesn't sound like much of a sponsorship to me just good ole fashion smart marketing.

3 ATHLETIC DNA shirts, and 3 ATHLETIC DNA shorts. Total Price-no price when u look good and play good

scraps234
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
ok so whats in this starter pack??? ....anyone????

TennisCoachFLA
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Most of us see through this scheme.

1. No fees are charged for sponsorships.....smaller discounts can be given to lesser ranked players.....but NO monthly fees are ever charged.

2. Its not equipment, it is clothes....most tennis boys don't need very much...certainly not enough to justify paying a monthly fee month after month after month.

3. Those clothes are NOT unique. Under Armour and Dri Fit, among others, offer that fabric type in a wide variety of items. And they offer them cheaper.

4. Some of the posters touting the company seem like obviously insiders who either work for the company or got better deals to tout it.

5. This scam has been done all over for decades. You appeal to a kids ego offering awards or sponsorships they are actually paying for. It started with the Whos Who books. You can be in a Whos Who book....after you pay their fee.

6. The website is a joke.....recycled fitness tips from other sources and a small selection on tennis boys clothes that are just overpriced items made of fabric available by other companies much cheaper. And the typical "Coming Soon" nonsense that shows a scam. Real companies never launch 1/4 done websites, ever.

tennisnoob2
07-28-2009, 03:26 PM
3 ATHLETIC DNA shirts, and 3 ATHLETIC DNA shorts. Total Price-no price when u look good and play good

That is a fail on so many levels. Just stop talking.

Ath DNA shirts don't have any performance enhancers u tool

10isRocs
07-28-2009, 03:42 PM
The monthly fee is actually pre-payment for the stuff you receive over a year..."fee" is not really the correct term. It is kind of like a monthly payment when you purchase something on credit but no interest is charged by DNA.

Most of us see through this scheme.

1. No fees are charged for sponsorships.....smaller discounts can be given to lesser ranked players.....but NO monthly fees are ever charged.

2. Its not equipment, it is clothes....most tennis boys don't need very much...certainly not enough to justify paying a monthly fee month after month after month.

3. Those clothes are NOT unique. Under Armour and Dri Fit, among others, offer that fabric type in a wide variety of items. And they offer them cheaper.

4. Some of the posters touting the company seem like obviously insiders who either work for the company or got better deals to tout it.

5. This scam has been done all over for decades. You appeal to a kids ego offering awards or sponsorships they are actually paying for. It started with the Whos Who books. You can be in a Whos Who book....after you pay their fee.

6. The website is a joke.....recycled fitness tips from other sources and a small selection on tennis boys clothes that are just overpriced items made of fabric available by other companies much cheaper. And the typical "Coming Soon" nonsense that shows a scam. Real companies never launch 1/4 done websites, ever.

tenniscrazed
07-28-2009, 05:52 PM
The monthly fee is actually pre-payment for the stuff you receive over a year..."fee" is not really the correct term. It is kind of like a monthly payment when you purchase something on credit but no interest is charged by DNA.

It's called membership marketing. When and If you ever get to college you will find the world is / was riddled with these.

Membership marketing – acquiring, engaging, upgrading, and renewing members usually for a fee. (sound familiar). Also, it is the basis of turning the casual buyer into a consistent customer.

Examples;

1) Book Clubs
2) CD / DVD clubs
3) Magazine clubs

Pay a one time or a monthly fee and you get XX for a 25 - 50% off of MY retail price (great deal for someone).

I would like somebody to post the agreement, I'm willing to bet lunch that it says if you cancel early you will be subject to some kind of penalty.

stanfordtennis alum
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
It's called membership marketing. When and If you ever get to college you will find the world is / was riddled with these.

Membership marketing acquiring, engaging, upgrading, and renewing members usually for a fee. (sound familiar). Also, it is the basis of turning the casual buyer into a consistent customer.

Examples;

1) Book Clubs
2) CD / DVD clubs
3) Magazine clubs

Pay a one time or a monthly fee and you get XX for a big discount. Great deal (for someone)

agree.. not quite sure what their goal is but hopefully it will work for them in the long run

TennisCoachFLA
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
agree.. not quite sure what their goal is but hopefully it will work for them in the long run

Did you even read tenniscrazed post Brad? He explained how this is a rip off that has been around forever.

Their "goal" is to make a ton of money by selling overpriced even when discounted clothes to kids while pretending to give them a sponsorship.

Like crazed said, book clubs, etc. have used it forever.

REAL tennis sponsors give flat out discounts of various levels and send free goodies.

This is not a legitimate company at all.

TennisCoachFLA
07-28-2009, 07:09 PM

This is even worse than what tenniscrazed described as membership marketing. These bums are actually pretending to give sponsorships to tennis kids when in reality they are just an overpriced clothing store that charges whether you buy things or not.

I would love to see the contract and what penalty charges are incurred if you forget to send in your monthly payments....my guess is it is nasty. I also bet they get the parent's credit card number or bank account information so they can auto withdraw the fees.

I am going to contact my state Attorney General and ask them to investigate as they do business over the internet in Florida.

scraps234
07-28-2009, 08:11 PM

......??????

Athletic DNA
07-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Obviously there are some questions, concerns and misconceptions about our program.
We would be more than happy to answer any comments/questions/concerns if you email us at info@athleticdna.com

Athletic DNA
07-28-2009, 08:24 PM

The ADNA Starter Pack contains

2 Match Shirts

2 Practice Shirts

2 Logo Shorts

6 pairs of ADNA Socks

1 Wrist band

1 Long Sleeve Shirt

All of these items are made of our very light weight and breathable Helix tech.

10isRocs
07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I guess I got caught up in the word "fee" and the concept of pre-payment...but as you describe it, you are correct tenniscrazed..just didn't think of it in that way...thanks for your words of wisdom!

Membership marketing acquiring, engaging, upgrading, and renewing members usually for a fee. (sound familiar). Also, it is the basis of turning the casual buyer into a consistent customer.

Examples;

1) Book Clubs
2) CD / DVD clubs
3) Magazine clubs

Pay a one time or a monthly fee and you get XX for a 25 - 50% off of MY retail price (great deal for someone).

I would like somebody to post the agreement, I'm willing to bet lunch that it says if you cancel early you will be subject to some kind of penalty.

scraps234
07-29-2009, 06:07 AM

2 Match Shirts

2 Practice Shirts

2 Logo Shorts

6 pairs of ADNA Socks

1 Wrist band

1 Long Sleeve Shirt

ok thanks for the info...=)

TennisCoachFLA
07-29-2009, 07:00 AM

2 Match Shirts

2 Practice Shirts

2 Logo Shorts

6 pairs of ADNA Socks

1 Wrist band

1 Long Sleeve Shirt

You are playing games with naive kids and parents, only giving certain information. Offering to answer questions in an email is not good enough....you would still be dealing with the kids and parents.

Post the contracts here on this forum where people with decades in the tennis industry can review them and compare them to other legitimate sponsors.

Who gets the starter packs? Are they completely free based on ranking with NO other obligations? If not, what contractual obligations are there?

You can not just post this list. Post a copy of the COMPLETE contract that each ranking class must sign and all requirements to get the starter pack.

If you want to advertise and seek customers on a public forum, you also have to be willing to post FULL details on the same forum.

scraps234
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM

2 Match Shirts

2 Practice Shirts

2 Logo Shorts

6 pairs of ADNA Socks

1 Wrist band

1 Long Sleeve Shirt

All of these items are made of our very light weight and breathable Helix tech. how much would this cost for the top 500/academy,1 star, and 5 star?

tenniscrazed
07-30-2009, 04:19 PM
how much would this cost for the top 500/academy,1 star, and 5 star?

Regretfully, I don't think you will get a straight answer. I'm willing to bet another lunch it is at the "discounted membership price" of $225+/- range

VA10S
07-31-2009, 07:12 PM
My son is ranked in the 40s (USTA and TRN) for his age group. We received the "sponsorship" offer from ADNA and after reviewing the details in the agreement, I informed my son that it was a blatant marketing ploy aimed at generating membership revenues for a fledgling complany. As other posters have stated, the ADNA packages are inflated with worthless items such as wristbands, hats, and socks. The essential core items, shirts and shorts, are few and far between.

My son elected to go with the sponsorship package offered by Adiplayer. Not only does this package offer more core items, it also includes the excellent Barricade V tennis shoes (with 6 month outsole warranty).

It was a no-brainer decision between ADNA and Adiplayer.

scraps234
07-31-2009, 10:37 PM
alright how much was adiplayer vs adna?

schaefferm46
08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I just want to clarify some of the stuff people has been saying. For the adna sponsorship your not paying a membership fee. You pay the upfront fee for the starter pack.
I think the misconception is that you are not getting anything from the monthly fee. The monthy fee is not even a fee its an partial payment for your next shipment. So if you get 3 packages a year you are just doing smaller payments rather then everything up front.

VA10S
08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
We discarded the ADNA agreement after we elected to go with adiplayer so I don't recall the ADNA cost.

However, here is a link for the adiplayer package:

http://www.adiplayer.com/packages/visitors_mens.html

Skywalker91
08-01-2009, 12:55 PM
The company needs to get a start, so they're trying to seem exclusive to get noticed. Their gear looks cool but the prices are way too high

Sound
08-01-2009, 01:37 PM
athletic dna > anything.

How do you compare it to Nike and Adidas crews?

mcutilize
08-01-2009, 01:56 PM
How do you compare it to Nike and Adidas crews?

softer, quality is better. nike shirts are way tighter and smaller if u go size specific where adna is looser and easier to manuever in.

same goes for adna and adidas. adna is still softer but the fit is the same basically

scraps234
08-01-2009, 07:20 PM
We discarded the ADNA agreement after we elected to go with adiplayer so I don't recall the ADNA cost.

However, here is a link for the adiplayer package:

http://www.adiplayer.com/packages/visitors_mens.html
oo ok thanks anyways

schaefferm46
08-02-2009, 05:18 AM
My son is ranked in the 40s (USTA and TRN) for his age group. We received the "sponsorship" offer from ADNA and after reviewing the details in the agreement, I informed my son that it was a blatant marketing ploy aimed at generating membership revenues for a fledgling complany. As other posters have stated, the ADNA packages are inflated with worthless items such as wristbands, hats, and socks. The essential core items, shirts and shorts, are few and far between.

My son elected to go with the sponsorship package offered by Adiplayer. Not only does this package offer more core items, it also includes the excellent Barricade V tennis shoes (with 6 month outsole warranty).

It was a no-brainer decision between ADNA and Adiplayer.

VA10S, your statement as to ADNA Starter Pack being inflated with worthless items does not make sense.

I am a member of ADNA Select with a 50% discount (2 Star) - and my ADNA Select deal was better than the adiplayer pack. If your son is top 40 in the nation he should be at least a 3 star, meaning a discount of 60% or more, so his deal must have been better than mine.

The ADNA Select's starter pack includes 2 match shirts, 2 performance practice shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt and 2 pairs of performance shorts, 6 socks, 1 hat and 1 wristband.

The adiplayer pack includes 4 shirts, 2 shorts, 3 socks, 1 hat, and 1 pair of shoes.

ADNA Select Starter pack includes more core items (basically 1 long sleeve performance shirts. This shirts is awesome by the way).

Per the the Athletic DNA web site, the total retail price for the ADNA Select core items is about $305, so with the 50% diso**** I paid $153 for these items. I paid $191 for the starter pack, which means that I $38 for the other items, which included 6 pairs of very nice socks.)

Per the adiplayer site, the total retail price for the adiPlayer core items is about $263 (makes sense since it is one item less) and with a discount of about 44% you paid $147 for these items. The remaining $86 ($233 - $147) covered the shoes and the other worthless items as you call them.

So, for $6 dollars more, I got the same number of core items as you got with your adiplayer pack, PLUS I got an awesome long sleeve performance shirt.

Athletic DNA's products are high quality, soft, lightweight, and they perform really well.

So how can you say that the ADNA Select Starter Pack is not worth it?

TennisCoachFLA
08-02-2009, 07:51 AM
VA10S, your statement as to ADNA Starter Pack being inflated with worthless items does not make sense.

I am a member of ADNA Select with a 50% discount (2 Star) - and my ADNA Select deal was better than the adiplayer pack. If your son is top 40 in the nation he should be at least a 3 star, meaning a discount of 60% or more, so his deal must have been better than mine.

The ADNA Select's starter pack includes 2 match shirts, 2 performance practice shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt and 2 pairs of performance shorts, 6 socks, 1 hat and 1 wristband.

The adiplayer pack includes 4 shirts, 2 shorts, 3 socks, 1 hat, and 1 pair of shoes.

ADNA Select Starter pack includes more core items (basically 1 long sleeve performance shirts. This shirts is awesome by the way).

Per the the Athletic DNA web site, the total retail price for the ADNA Select core items is about $305, so with the 50% diso**** I paid $153 for these items. I paid $191 for the starter pack, which means that I $38 for the other items, which included 6 pairs of very nice socks.)

Per the adiplayer site, the total retail price for the adiPlayer core items is about $263 (makes sense since it is one item less) and with a discount of about 44% you paid $147 for these items. The remaining $86 ($233 - $147) covered the shoes and the other worthless items as you call them.

So, for $6 dollars more, I got the same number of core items as you got with your adiplayer pack, PLUS I got an awesome long sleeve performance shirt.

Athletic DNA's products are high quality, soft, lightweight, and they perform really well.

So how can you say that the ADNA Select Starter Pack is not worth it?

Well you are trying to make it seem like a good deal because you fell for it and signed up. But if you just bought just items as you needed them, after shopping around, you would do much better.

If the clothes are made well and last you for month after month, and you still are obligated to pay the monthly fees, the deal gets worse and worse as time goes on.

I know many tennis boys, give them 6 great shirts and they alternate them for a long, long time.

With deals like this you feel obligated to keep buying month after month to make the discounted goods worth the fees.

TennisCoachFLA
08-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I just want to clarify some of the stuff people has been saying. For the adna sponsorship your not paying a membership fee. You pay the upfront fee for the starter pack.
I think the misconception is that you are not getting anything from the monthly fee. The monthy fee is not even a fee its an partial payment for your next shipment. So if you get 3 packages a year you are just doing smaller payments rather then everything up front.

Okay, you are making the point for us.

Once a tennis boy has the starter items and maybe a few more, these goods last for a long time. We are talking clothes, not equipment. After a while you are taking more and more clothes while the others you have are still in great shape.

It makes no sense at all in the long run. Just shopping around and buying clothes as needed is a much better deal.

Spending money, no matter what the discount, is bad business if you don't need the replacement clothes!!

If this was a legitimate company you could simply buy the clothes as needed for a set discount based on your ranking. If you want 2 shirts a month, or 2 shirts a year should not matter.

What if the boy gets injured and stops playing for a year?? Does he still have to pay the fees and take more stuff he will never use??

This is not a true sponsorship at all in any way.

VA10S
08-02-2009, 08:23 AM
TennisCoachFLA said it very well. With the adiplayer package, we are not obligated to pay monthly fees and will purchase items as needed. As other posters have noted, buying from online or brick and mortar retailers when they advertise sale and clearance specials makes a lot more economic sense.

scraps234
08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
so i guess overall the adiplayer is better if you want to continue purchasing but the starter pack from athletic dna is better if you just want a starter pack???

TnsMan2
08-02-2009, 02:58 PM
i know a kid who using ADNA product and has said its quality is alot better then the likes of nike and adidas , he was also sent to work out with there trainer who is on board with the company "Paul Pasani" , they have shown themselves to be a company who wants to help out those who are using their product and help them increase in their development . So far been a good deal.

TennisCoachFLA
08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
i know a kid who using ADNA product and has said its quality is alot better then the likes of nike and adidas , he was also sent to work out with there trainer who is on board with the company "Paul Pasani" , they have shown themselves to be a company who wants to help out those who are using their product and help them increase in their development . So far been a good deal.

Brad, we know that you are part of this deal, and your kid is getting goods. Your paw prints are all over this thread.

But it is a rip off. No boy needs that much clothing on a continual basis. And the stuff is not better than Under Armour and other premium brands, and is priced much higher.

Its a rip off Brad, plain and simple. A true sponsorship gives free goods and a flat discount with NO MONTHLY FEES or obligations for continual purchases.

TennisCoachFLA
08-02-2009, 05:29 PM
so i guess overall the adiplayer is better if you want to continue purchasing but the starter pack from athletic dna is better if you just want a starter pack???

Not exactly, the athletic dna is an ongoing committment. The longer you go, the worse the deal gets. No boy could possibly burn through enough high quality shirts to justify it. The better starter pack advantage dissapears very quickly.

The adiplayer requires no such commitment.

Stay away and just buy your clothes as you need them. You will be way better off.

star 5 15
08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
This whole ADNA thing seems to be completely bogus. I'm on the AdiPlayer program and Rick knows my phone numbr off caller ID and has done favors for me numberous occasions. Rick's a great guy. Go with AdiPlayer. You will be much happier in the long term.

schaefferm46
08-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Brad, we know that you are part of this deal, and your kid is getting goods. Your paw prints are all over this thread.

But it is a rip off. No boy needs that much clothing on a continual basis. And the stuff is not better than Under Armour and other premium brands, and is priced much higher.

Its a rip off Brad, plain and simple. A true sponsorship gives free goods and a flat discount with NO MONTHLY FEES or obligations for continual purchases.

TenniscoachFl

Have you personally tried on a shirt? The way you are ripping the company and the quality of the clothing makes me thing otherwise. If you are going to comment on the quality of the clothing I would suggest you buy a shirt for yourself before commenting on what you do not know.

scraps234
08-03-2009, 06:01 AM
This whole ADNA thing seems to be completely bogus. I'm on the AdiPlayer program and Rick knows my phone numbr off caller ID and has done favors for me numberous occasions. Rick's a great guy. Go with AdiPlayer. You will be much happier in the long term.

rick is definetly a great guy... what favors has he done?

Jen10isFan
08-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Not exactly, the athletic dna is an ongoing committment. The longer you go, the worse the deal gets. No boy could possibly burn through enough high quality shirts to justify it. The better starter pack advantage dissapears very quickly.

The adiplayer requires no such commitment.

Stay away and just buy your clothes as you need them. You will be way better off.

ADNA Select beats adiplayer any day of the week.

My son signed up for ADNA Select. He is a 5 Star which entitles him to a discount of 80%.

We paid an "Initial Fee" of $60.00 - in exchange we received the ADNA Select Starter Pack containing $300 or so worth of clothes.

My son really liked the clothes so we decided to sign up for the actual membership - meaning 12 monthly payments of $13.00 - for a total of $156.00. In exchange for the $156.00 we will receive about $800.00 worth of clothes over the next year - for free. There are no other obligations.

Not sure what your boys are like - but my son outgrows his clothes on a regular basis, so receiving regular shipments actually makes a lot of sense.

As to the amount of clothes a boy needs, I can not imagine going to a super national with only 6 shirts.

Best of luck to everyone at the upcoming super!

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
ADNA Select beats adiplayer any day of the week.

My son signed up for ADNA Select. He is a 5 Star which entitles him to a discount of 80%.

We paid an "Initial Fee" of $60.00 - in exchange we received the ADNA Select Starter Pack containing $300 or so worth of clothes.

My son really liked the clothes so we decided to sign up for the actual membership - meaning 12 monthly payments of $13.00 - for a total of $156.00. In exchange for the $156.00 we will receive about $800.00 worth of clothes over the next year - for free. There are no other obligations.

Not sure what your boys are like - but my son outgrows his clothes on a regular basis, so receiving regular shipments actually makes a lot of sense.

As to the amount of clothes a boy needs, I can not imagine going to a super national with only 6 shirts.

Best of luck to everyone at the upcoming super!

Nice try Brad....really, setting up another identity to describe a "5 star"....just like your boy? You crack me up. About a third of the posters on this thread are you.

This scenario is the only possible way the deal would work out. By far the most boys are much better off just shopping around and buying as needed.

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 02:45 PM
TenniscoachFl

Have you personally tried on a shirt? The way you are ripping the company and the quality of the clothing makes me thing otherwise. If you are going to comment on the quality of the clothing I would suggest you buy a shirt for yourself before commenting on what you do not know.

Read my posts....never ripped the quality, in fact mentioned how high quality shirts last our players a long time. Most parents know to get them a little oversized so the boys wear them longer.

Yes, I have seen the shirts, one of the coaches in our group was sent samples. They are fine, no problem with the quality. But Under Armour and others have the same stuff, 10 times the selection, and 20% cheaper before discounts.

There is no need to charge a monthly fee for a sponsorship. That is not how it is done. If the kid gets injured or gets busy with school and hardly plays or has a slow growth year he would end up with way more clothes than needed.

Sure, a few boys with the highest discounts and quick growth could make this deal work. Unless they get injured and then even they are gonna lose out.

Legitimate companies set up flat discounts based on ranking....with NO fees that would lead kids to have to order a minimum of goods to make the discount worth it. In return, other kids see the goods and the word spreads. Monthly fees give the appearance of a shifty scheme.

It is the principal of the matter, it just is not what others in the industry do.

himynameisNIKE
08-03-2009, 02:47 PM
there is no monthly fee you are just paying ahead of time for the clothes you receive

star 5 15
08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
rick is definetly a great guy... what favors has he done?

Nothing major, but I mean like trying to hunt shoes in my size calling spartanburg and oregon. One time my credit card expired and he sent an email saying he needed a new cardnumber but he already had shipped the shoes because he knew i needed them. On another occasion I needed a pair of shoes ASAP and it was thursday before a tourny that started sat out of town and I didn't know the address of my hotel and he looked up the address and shipped them overnight at 530 in the evening. He's just an all-around great guy. I wouldn't go with any other company unless I was offered a free contract.

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 02:52 PM
there is no monthly fee you are just paying ahead of time for the clothes you receive

Sure it is a monthly fee, in addition to the non discounted part of the price. If you get injured or quit tennis or don't have time to play you still pay the fees for goods you don't need.

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Nothing major, but I mean like trying to hunt shoes in my size calling spartanburg and oregon. One time my credit card expired and he sent an email saying he needed a new cardnumber but he already had shipped the shoes because he knew i needed them. On another occasion I needed a pair of shoes ASAP and it was thursday before a tourny that started sat out of town and I didn't know the address of my hotel and he looked up the address and shipped them overnight at 530 in the evening. He's just an all-around great guy. I wouldn't go with any other company unless I was offered a free contract.

See that small stuff shows a company interested in the kids and their tennis. The promotion of their company will come based on this great service.

And no fees, no minimums. A kid quits tennis or gets hurt or does not need any goods for 6 months, no sweat.

himynameisNIKE
08-03-2009, 02:59 PM
well adiplayer is different they have one package at like $279?? and you can buy them when the new clothes come out so if you want all the clothes for the year you are paying $279?? 4 times a year as opposed to ADNA where you are paying like $20-$40 a month and recieving a shipment of clothes every three months. so if you dont want a commitment then adiplayer is the way to go. if you go ADNA then you are pretty much set for the rest of the year

TnsMan2
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
TenniscoachFl

Come on you expect TCF to test something first or watch a child firsthand goodluck! this is a coach who can watch a video and tell you if your kids going to a d1 or d2 college give you a full and complete fix on your childs muscle make up how tall hes/shes gonna grow and just by "hearsay" from someone else can critique a childs game and how good he/she is .

This is the top parks and recreation coach in the florida area so dont ever doubt what he has to say.

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Come on you expect TCF to test something first or watch a child firsthand goodluck! this is a coach who can watch a video and tell you if your kids going to a d1 or d2 college give you a full and complete fix on your childs muscle make up how tall hes/shes gonna grow and just by "hearsay" from someone else can critique a childs game and how good he/she is .

This is the top parks and recreation coach in the florida area so dont ever doubt what he has to say.

Brad, we get it, its a good deal for your kid. But for most others, its silly to make a commitment for freakin tennis shirts!

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
well adiplayer is different they have one package at like $279?? and you can buy them when the new clothes come out so if you want all the clothes for the year you are paying $279?? 4 times a year as opposed to ADNA where you are paying like $20-$40 a month and recieving a shipment of clothes every three months. so if you dont want a commitment then adiplayer is the way to go. if you go ADNA then you are pretty much set for the rest of the year

Again....can you get out of the fees if you get injured and can't play? Can you stop paying the fees if you quit tennis? Can you freeze the fees if you have a slow growth year and have plenty of shirts for a while??

Post a contract that addresses those specifics so we can see it.

himynameisNIKE
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
ok i will look but i dont remember it saying anything about that

TennisCoachFLA
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
ok i will look but i dont remember it saying anything about that

Thank you. Just look please and see what happens if a boy can't play or quits tennis right after he joins. I am curious as to how this is handled specifically within the contract.

star 5 15
08-03-2009, 03:17 PM
haha anyway I think the ADNA stuff is pretty ugly with the exception of maybe one shirt. this company will crash and burn with their already high prices and bogus sponsorship thing.

scraps234
08-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Whoa!!! He is crazy nice! Thats nice he actually shipped them to your hotel... i guess hes just one of those really nice people in this world.

star 5 15
08-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Whoa!!! He is crazy nice! Thats nice he actually shipped them to your hotel... i guess hes just one of those really nice people in this world.

Yeah Usually before I get new shoes I call him and tell him what I'm interested in. Like I told him Friday either the new barricades or Geniuses and he told me exactly what he could get me and when the other stuff would be in. Haha he actually knows my sizes off the top of his head now. I won't be going anywhere for a long time.

120mphBodyServe
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I wish people would quit trolling and stop trying to crap all over what this company is trying to do.
If people are willing to pay a monthly fee what they feel is a great product, let them be...
I am in no way affiliated with Athletic DNA, but it's my opinion that we need more players in the tennis apparel market to give the consumer more choice away from some other companies that continue to chew out boring and uninspired designs...

tenniscrazed
09-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I wish people would quit trolling and stop trying to crap all over what this company is trying to do.
If people are willing to pay a monthly fee what they feel is a great product, let them be...
I am in no way affiliated with Athletic DNA, but it's my opinion that we need more players in the tennis apparel market to give the consumer more choice away from some other companies that continue to chew out boring and uninspired designs...

To try to compete with Nike, Addidas, Under Armor, Reebok, even Champion in the sports apparel space is a form of financial suicide.

GameSetNavritilova
09-17-2009, 01:54 AM
6 pairs of socks and a wrist band equate to 50% of the offering. No thanks. I will continue to comb the sale racks.

I applaud the marketing effort and I'm sure they will gain some traction, however; it's going to be difficult to compete with the swoosh.