PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a new racket

Topspin24
07-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice for a new racket. I'm looking for a racket that allows good amount of spin and great control/stability. Also try to include strings that would also fall into spin/control category. Thanks!

furyoku_tennis
07-16-2009, 02:37 PM
what racquet are you currently using? are you looking for more of a player's racquet or a tweener?

Topspin24
07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Wilson [K]Six.Two. I'm looking for more of a player's racket now, I want something heavier with the similar open string pattern. I demoed the PST, and i enjoyed it but i want more options before making a choice.

fuzz nation
07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
One good option might be the Prince Ozone Tour.

Something with more heft will give you stability and a moderate level of flex will help raise the spin compared with the raw pop in a frame when you hit a ball with it.

If there's more heft to the Fischer M Pro than with your racquet, that could be worth a look, too. The Yonex RQiS 1 Tour has a softer feel with good spin potential and when I put some lead on the hoop, I was really comfortable with it. I've actually kept that Yonex around since it has proven to be a very valuable loaner for the kids I coach.

USERNAME
07-16-2009, 07:02 PM
PST is very nice 4 what u want, also check out the PDR, k6.1 95, RQiS1 (many versions so pick a weight u like), and i saw some1 said look at a oZone Tour. IMO the oZone Tour was rubbish, sw was to low, power was lacking, really mushy feel and just not a very good hit 4 me. I use the oZone Pro Tour which i thought was loads better and still has good access to spin.

Topspin24
07-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Would the APDC be a bad choice?

USERNAME
07-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Would the APDC be a bad choice?

No, its an ok stick and is very spin friendly, but its not stable, has little power, and not much to offer in terms of feel.

Topspin24
07-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I hear of a new pst coming out in august. Should I wait until then to buy a racket?

Dark_Angel85
07-16-2009, 07:26 PM
hold... is there a reason why you're trying to switch frames?

furyoku_tennis
07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
you should demo around and see if you can narrow it down to just the pure storm tour. if you definitely like the pure storm tour by then, wait for the new version to see if it clicks better. demoing might take awhile, so while you demo the new pst might be released.

i'd recommend demoing the fischer mcomp 95. its a great all around racquet with plenty of weight and spin.

Topspin24
07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I am tired of the ST's lightness but the fischer mcomp seems a bit heavy