PDA

View Full Version : Kalamazoo----the Zooooo

SoCal10s
07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
well Jr. tennis fans ,it's that time of the year again.. the most prestigious Jr. tournament of the year Kalamazoo.. look at some of the names of who's coming to play this year.. the question is who's gonna take the grand prize and earn a free trip into the U.S. Open main draw ?:)

chrisplchs
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
this year's draw seemed loaded, more so than ever. slow slow hard courts so most likely a steady baseliner, though being clutch is bigger than being a grinder.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Rhyne Williams, Jenkins or Sandgren in the finals.

However in the end, it should Chase Buchanan's tournament to lose. Surface suits him perfect as he is as physically strong of a tennis player there is in juniors. Also, he's no longer injured

10isplayer
07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Uh more like it is ryan harrison's tournament to lose

Fedace
07-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh Cool..... i Hope they have another great T-shirts to sell......

Fred
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Uh more like it is ryan harrison's tournament to lose

Yep, especially if Britton doesn't play.

10isplayer
07-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that britton won't play because he won NCAA's so he will most likely get a main draw WC

SoCal10s
07-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Alexander Domijan, Mitchell Frank, Ryan Harrison, Evan King, , Jarmere Jenkins, Denis Kudla, Daniel Nguyen, Frederick Saba, just to name a few contenders ..

I think it's going to be Ryan Harrison and Alex Domijan .. Harrison just won a pro challenger series ...

Fred
07-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Alexander Domijan, Mitchell Frank, Ryan Harrison, Evan King, , Jarmere Jenkins, Denis Kudla, Daniel Nguyen, Frederick Saba, just to name a few contenders ..

I think it's going to be Ryan Harrison and Alex Domijan .. Harrison just won a pro challenger series ...

He won a Futures event.

chrisplchs
07-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Britton is not playing. He would only play for the WC to US Open.

I really can't see Domijan's game doing well at zoo as the courts are so so slow

Fedace
07-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Ryan Harrison is over-rated.

SmAsH999
07-17-2009, 04:48 AM
to chrisplchs:
i saw buchanan play recently, and he started out playing brilliant tennis, but in the second set (after dropping the first)his mental game just went south for the winter. A couple of racket smashes, a little yelling, the whole shebang. The thing is, when he gets up in a match, he can close it out, and his mental game is on. However, when his opponent takes him out of his comfort zone for a long period of time, frustration just overtakes him.
But I think this is Saba's tournament if he plays at his best. He's a contender at the very least.

chrisplchs
07-17-2009, 05:05 AM
to chrisplchs:
i saw buchanan play recently, and he started out playing brilliant tennis, but in the second set (after dropping the first)his mental game just went south for the winter. A couple of racket smashes, a little yelling, the whole shebang. The thing is, when he gets up in a match, he can close it out, and his mental game is on. However, when his opponent takes him out of his comfort zone for a long period of time, frustration just overtakes him.
But I think this is Saba's tournament if he plays at his best. He's a contender at the very least.

I agree with you about Buchanan's mental aspect or lack therefore of. However, from knowing him personally and talking to him about it, he feels confident and extremely focused about Kalamazoo. He basically built his entire summer around this. That said, the draw looks deep, very deep.

Fred
07-17-2009, 05:55 AM
I think Cox deserves a mention. If you can reach the Wimbledon final, you're capable of doing serious damage at Kalamazoo.

tennismom42
07-17-2009, 06:07 AM
well Jr. tennis fans ,it's that time of the year again.. the most prestigious Jr. tournament of the year Kalamazoo.. look at some of the names of who's coming to play this year.. the question is who's gonna take the grand prize and earn a free trip into the U.S. Open main draw ?:) I am a bit surprised at those who did not enter: Jack Sock, Marcos Giron, Eugene Muchynski, Jeremy Efferding

Fedace
07-17-2009, 06:11 AM
So Who is all going to K-zoo ???

tenniskillz
07-17-2009, 06:16 AM
I am a bit surprised at those who did not enter: Jack Sock, Marcos Giron, Eugene Muchynski, Jeremy Efferding

Muchynski? really? why is it surprising that he isn't playing, or more so, even worth a mention?

SoCal10s
07-17-2009, 07:20 AM
I am a bit surprised at those who did not enter: Jack Sock, Marcos Giron, Eugene Muchynski, Jeremy Efferding

Sock and Marcos and Efferding are playing in the 16s... and that's how tough that is... Sock is #5 n the 18s Nats ranking and Giron just won the level 2 Nats at Lakewood which qualifies him to play Zoo 18s but he's playing 16s...

3lowdown
07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Jack Sock OWNS!!!

Fedace
07-17-2009, 08:47 AM
If anyone is going, can you guys tell me if the T-shirts are as nice as last years ? It was totally awsome last year. I bought 5 of those.

star 5 15
07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
fedace...fedace...fedace

Fred
07-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Can someone please get Fedace a T-shirt?!

dhahntennis
07-18-2009, 05:17 PM
boys 16's: Corey Robinson

mtommer
07-18-2009, 09:01 PM
If anybody is going this year I will be volunteering and might see some of you. If anybody wants to setup a hit just for fun let me know or email by clicking on my profile name. SoCal, we didn't connect last year. How about this year if you are coming?

Also, the courts were repainted a few weeks ago so they will be pretty slow. However, I'm putting lots of time on some of those courts so maybe I'll slick 'em up for the players ;).

mrmo1115
07-19-2009, 10:12 AM
boys 16's: Corey Robinson

Hahaha, probably the funniest prediction ever.

dhahntennis
07-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Hahaha, probably the funniest prediction ever.

why is this funny?

beast22
07-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Frank or Kudla. College Park power!!!!

mrmo1115
07-19-2009, 03:44 PM
why is this funny?

He will be lucky to get 2 rounds main draw.

dhahntennis
07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
He will be lucky to get 2 rounds main draw.

how do you know this?
where have you seen him play?

Fedace
07-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I pick Andrew Cha to upset the entire field and WIN.

mrmo1115
07-19-2009, 08:18 PM
how do you know this?
where have you seen him play?

Zone Team Championships 14s. This is Kalamazoo, the most prestigious US tournament, he won't stand a chance. He barely has made a dent in any big national.

Lets see how he does in this Clay Court Super National and judge to see how well he'll do in K-Zoo, if he can't manage to do well in this National, forget about K-Zoo.

SoCal10s
07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
why is this funny?

look what he did at the Easter Bowl... zero points,zero wins in the singles didn't get too many games either.. expect the same result for Kalamazoo..

Michael Bluth
07-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Has the draw or entry list been released already?

I'd say Harrison is the favorite for the title this year, but there are a few other contenders as well. Cox, Sandgren, King, Buchanan, Domijan and Kudla I could see winning it, though Kudla and King aren't in good form as of right now.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I am thinking about going. Some of these Juniors need hitting partners and i volunteer my services.

Fedace
07-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Mark my words. Denis Lin will win the tournament this year. and what about the Live video Cam? are going to have it ?

mtommer
07-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Fedace, if you do end up coming, bring those strings you promised me awhile back? :D

Fedace
07-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Fedace, if you do end up coming, bring those strings you promised me awhile back? :D

What string ? must have forgot about it ...:confused:

mrmo1115
07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
look what he did at the Easter Bowl... zero points,zero wins in the singles didn't get too many games either.. expect the same result for Kalamazoo..

Yes and he just got knocked out by Gardiner 2,0. For him to be contender at Kalamazoo? Ha. That is so far-fetched

Fedace
07-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes and he just got knocked out by Gardiner 2,0. For him to be contender at Kalamazoo? Ha. That is so far-fetched

What about that kid named Silva ??? is he playing ?

SoCal10s
07-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Mark my words. Denis Lin will win the tournament this year. and what about the Live video Cam? are going to have it ?

I love this kid's game,too bad he goes mental,he's struggling lately,maybe Stanford can cure his ills ..

Fedace
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
I love this kid's game,too bad he goes mental,he's struggling lately,maybe Stanford can cure his ills ..

Of course. Coach Whit can fix all problems. He will be top 10 in NCAA rankings after thru Coach gets thru with him. He plays like he is doing Karate. should call it Karate tennis.

SoCal10s
07-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Of course. Coach Whit can fix all problems. He will be top 10 in NCAA rankings after thru Coach gets thru with him. He plays like he is doing Karate. should call it Karate tennis.

kung fu,he's Chinese.. Chinese do kung fu,Japanese do karate,Thai does muay Thai.. well you get the idea.. but Dennis Lin is a lot of fun to watch that's for sure..

dhahntennis
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM

ya, but look who he beat in dubs at the easter bowl

mrmo1115
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Just because he does well in doubles , doesn't mean anything in singles. We are talking about Singles Kalamazoo, not doubles. He stands no chance and I am being as honest as I can be .

JMS
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Who cares? That was the only round he won!!

SoCal10s
07-20-2009, 01:35 PM

doubles win,OK that will go far in singles.. as far as Nestor,Bryan/Bryan and Paes will go in the US open singles draw... no where... Newman broke his leg in that tournament,maybe it was already broken when he played doubles,that's why he lost...haha..

mtommer
07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
What string ? must have forgot about it ...:confused:

Remember this thread?

WILSON HOLLOWCORE giveaway. How should i decide? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=257297)

Fedace
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
^^OK, i forgot about it completely. thanks for reminding me. we will work something out, ok ? I might go and see the coach and maybe Denis Lin as well.

dhahntennis
07-20-2009, 07:47 PM
you guys are harsh im friends with Corey Robinson, and if you've ever seen him play you know he has potential to be GREAT and hes already really good, plus hes got a great attitude

i was only kidding when i put his name up but you guys dont understand the word support obviously

JMS
07-20-2009, 07:49 PM
you guys are harsh im friends with Corey Robinson, and if you've ever seen him play you know he has potential to be GREAT and hes already really good, plus hes got a great attitude

i was only kidding when i put his name up but you guys dont understand the word support obviously

You obviously weren't kidding because when someone said it was a funny prediction, you got very defensive. You are inconsistent with what you say.

dhahntennis
07-20-2009, 07:52 PM
You obviously weren't kidding because when someone said it was a funny prediction, you got very defensive. You are inconsistent with what you say.

Your right i thought a kid ranked 100+ in the country was gonna win the most prestigious even in the US, you nailed me

OF COURSE I WAS KIDDING, a blind man could see that hes not going to win the tourny, and when he said it was a funny predicion, i just wanted to find out if he had seen him play b4. Maybe you dont understand the concept of sarcasm

JMS
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Your right i thought a kid ranked 100+ in the country was gonna win the most prestigious even in the US, you nailed me

OF COURSE I WAS KIDDING, a blind man could see that hes not going to win the tourny, and when he said it was a funny predicion, i just wanted to find out if he had seen him play b4. Maybe you dont understand the concept of sarcasm

And when two people commented on his results, one having seen him play, and saying that his results were unimpressive, you still continued to defend him.

You now feel stupid for people exposing your dumb prediction so you now want to make it seem like you're kidding.

Your posts clearly do not display sarcasm, congratulations, you are wrong.

Michael Bluth
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I have a question, just out of curiosity: Who was the last winner of Kalamazoo to win a match at the USO?

In my opinion, Harrison is the only one of the current field who actually stands a chance of that, should he win. Almost anyone else will just be cannon fodder in the USO.

mrmo1115
07-20-2009, 09:55 PM
^^ Great question.

Through the years, I have always went and checked out the K-Zoo winner only to see them get crushed. I think McClune once put up a decent fight.

I agree with Michael Bluth (without looking at the competitor list) Harrison would probably be the most able to win a match in the main draw if he were to get a good draw. I haven't looked at the competitor list yet, so maybe this opinion of mine will change

mtommer
07-21-2009, 12:29 AM
^^OK, i forgot about it completely. thanks for reminding me. we will work something out, ok ? I might go and see the coach and maybe Denis Lin as well.

No biggie. If you come to Kzoo let me know by clicking on my forum name and emailing me.

dhahntennis
07-21-2009, 06:55 AM
And when two people commented on his results, one having seen him play, and saying that his results were unimpressive, you still continued to defend him.

You now feel stupid for people exposing your dumb prediction so you now want to make it seem like you're kidding.

Your posts clearly do not display sarcasm, congratulations, you are wrong.

You can think whatever gets you to sleep at night, i merely wanted to point out that he had a great win in DOUBLES, and we are talking about singles, i thought that pointing out his win in doubles would make you guys give him SOME credit, i didnt think you were gonna say that he was gonna win singles cause hes not, I know it, he knows it and everyone knows it

Im not stupid enough to pick a kid who got rounded in the Easter Bowl to win the Zoo, okay do you understand.

SoCal10s
07-21-2009, 07:57 AM
i thought that pointing out his win in doubles would make you guys give him SOME credit,

look so,he's your friend,OK.. every kid who gets in to Kalamazoo deserves tons of credit for just being there... just being able to qualify to get there means you've done a lot of good tennis in the past.. tennis is really a hard sport to get good at and all these kids have dedicated enough to pass so many obstacles to be at Kalamazoo... good luck to all the competitors

mrmo1115
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
^^^ I totally agree. In my opinion , getting to Kalamazoo is an achievement alone for the average junior player. So just enjoy the experience, unless your someone like Ryan Harrison who just is dying for that wildcard.

Michael Bluth
07-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I wonder, will Christian Harrison play in the 16s draw?

He hasn't played many junior events this year.

SoCal10s
07-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I wonder, will Christian Harrison play in the 16s draw?

He hasn't played many junior events this year.

he tried to enter the 18s,he didn't get in,maybe they'll give him a wild card for 16s,but he was listed in the 18s applicants ..

Michael Bluth
07-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Do you know why he's barely played junior events this year?

10isplayer
07-22-2009, 07:27 AM
i'm pretty sure he has been a little injured lately. I think he hurt his hip

SoCalDominates
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm goin to the Zoo this year. I hear it is the most fun, awesome experience a junior tennis player can have so I'm lookin forward to it. should be fun. I gotta think Jordan Cox has a shot at 18s after his Wimbledon run?? And 16s I'm takin Jack Sock or Marcos Giron> They just had a 3 setter at Clays so that would be a good match for sure

Michael Bluth
07-25-2009, 08:10 AM
I've gotta think that Cox is one of the main contenders for the 18s title, the other main ones being Harrison, Domijan, Cox, Buchanan, Sandgren, Kudla and King.

I would be very surprised if the winner wasn't one of those guys.

SoCal10s
07-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Jack Sock is now the new #1 in the 18s and 16s.. when has this happen ? and he's playing the 16s at the Zooo.. ouch...
I talked to his dad at the winter nats and he said they will most likely play 16s at K-Zoo and they doing what they said they would.. Jack seems like a good kid so congrats to him and hope he can win the 16s with all the pressures on his shoulders now..

Michael Bluth
07-31-2009, 05:50 AM
I hope some Norcal guys can make a decent run.

In the 18s we have Zhongming Chen, Matt Micheli, Antony Bogodist, Filipp Pogostkin, Toki Sherbakov, and John Lamble I believe. Lamble is pretty good and gave Krajicek a tough-three setter last year. The others all seem like pretty much cannon fodder to me.

In the 16s we've got Matthew Alves, Shaun Chaudhuri, Eric Johnson, Chris Kipouras, Andrew Maloszak, Calvin Mark, Michael Guzman, Anthony Tsodikov and Connor Farren. Farren seems like he'll do the best out of that group.

10isplayer
07-31-2009, 06:17 AM
No definitely Shaun Chaudhuri will do the best in the 16s in the group of NorCal boys

Michael Bluth
07-31-2009, 06:25 AM
I based my thoughts on Farren's solid(for a 1994 player) ITF ranking of 425.

SoCal10s
07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
No definitely Shaun Chaudhuri will do the best in the 16s in the group of NorCal boys

Shaun C will do well.. didn't he just win the NorCal sectional 18s?

Michael Bluth
07-31-2009, 10:01 AM
That he did.

Fedace
08-02-2009, 06:32 AM
so when does this start ? and have you guys seen the T-shirts ???

mtommer
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
so when does this start ? and have you guys seen the T-shirts ???

I'm working registration this Friday. I haven't seen the T-shirts yet though I'll have a STAFF version anyway. If I remember I'll take a picture of a shirt and hold it hostage until I get those strings (I kid, I kid! :D). I think I'll be able to use the courts until Wed because some players come in early to start hitting, or at least they did the last couple of years anyway.

mtommer
08-06-2009, 06:15 PM
So I got to see Michael Chang today. I guess he came in early for the exbo. The one bloody day I don't bring my camera...... At any rate, the thing that impressed me the most was not his pace (don't get me wrong....the guy can still bring it easily) but his placement. Ball after ball after ball was an inch or two from the lines. Not just the baseline but the sidelines with the angles. Even when they (his hitting partner) started slugging it out the difference between the two players was very clearly the placement. Chang had the guy running but more importantly the partner did not have Chang running all that much. Oh, the partner would get to balls but then hit them more towards the middle. Even most of the juniors hitting today were hitting a lot of those type of balls with only the occasional paint the liner. It was just an interesting contrast and a clear indication of where one needs to improve in order compete at the pro ranks.

Fedace
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Very IMpressive about Chang. thanks. i want to know what the shirts look like this year. last year was cool

Fedace
08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Denis Lin advances with a Bye today............. Way to go Denis.......

Fedace
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
1st Rd of 18 Doubles

Daniel Nguyen(1), Oxnard, CA and JT Sundling(1), Thousand Oaks, CA advanced with
a Bye
Daniel Kreyman, Long Beach, NY and Robert Wong, Riverside, CT def. Taylor
Stockton, El Paso, TX and Mario Urquidi, El Paso, TX,
Omar Aly, Edmond, OK and Eric Sock, Lincoln, NE advanced with a Bye
Clay Thompson, Venice Beach, CA and Nelson Vick, Grafton, WI def. Spencer
Lunghino, Ponte Vedra, FL and Juan Rocha, Pembroke Pines, FL, 6-2, 6-2
Harry Fowler(9), Houston, TX and Frederick Saba(9), Fort Lauderdale, FL advanced
with a Bye
Zhongming Chen, Oakland, CA and Wyatt McCoy, Shoreview, MN def. Brandon DeBot,
Stevens Point, WI and Brantner Jones, Winnetka, IL, 3-6, 6-1, 7-5
Daniel Kosakowski, Downey, CA and Matthew Siow, Irvine, CA advanced with a Bye
Chris Cooprider, Centennial, CO and Matthew Spindler, Sacramento, CA def. Alex
Durham, Matthews, NC and Dan Richardson, Owens Crossroads, AL, 6-2, 6-0
Evan King(5), Chicago, IL and Denis Kudla(5), Arlington, VA advanced with a Bye
Harris Barnard, Dothan, AL and Alexander Teppert, Ponte Vedra, FL def. James
Davis, Manassas, VA and Felix Sun, Potomac, MD, 7-5, 6-1
Otavio Perim, The Woodlands, TX and Bryan Welnetz, Laredo, TX advanced with a
Bye
James Coxe, Raleigh, NC and Matthew Westmoreland, Pearl City, HI def. Douglas
Barnard, Indianapolis, IN and John Yetimoglu, Miami, FL, 6-1, 6-2
Kevin King(13), Peachtree Cty, GA and Connor Smith(13), Tampa, FL advanced with
a Bye
Frank Carleton, Naples, FL and Daniel McCall, Santa Monica, CA def. Jamin Ball,
Palo Alto, CA and John Lamble, Saratoga, CA, 6-2, 6-3
Mya Smith-Dennis, Savage, MN and Hamish Weerasinghe, Edina, MN advanced with a
Bye
Troy Beneck, Wilmington, DE and Michael Zhu, Princeton, NJ def. Samuel Fife,
Scarsdale, NY and Kyle Roth, New York City, NY, 6-4, 6-3
Jordan Cox(3), Duluth, GA and Raymond Sarmiento(3), Fontana, CA advanced with a
Bye
Jonathan Chang, Houston, TX and Alex Van Velzer, Montgomery, TX def. Devin
McCarthy, Cincinnati, OH and Anderson Reed, Daphne, AL, 4-6, 7-6(5), 7-6(5)
Max Manthou, Tacoma, WA and Alex Rovello, Portland, OR advanced with a Bye
Christopher Freeman, Costa Mesa, CA and Joshua Tchan, Woodland Hills, CA def.
Will Reynolds, Chattanooga, TN and William Schumacher, New Orleans, LA, 6-2, 7-5
Christopher Mengel(16), Pittsburgh, PA and Christian Schultz(16), Sudbury, MA
advanced with a Bye
Russell Bader, Austin, TX and Blake Davis, Austin, TX def. Jeffrey Mullen, Reno,
NV and Freddy Quintos, Murrieta, CA, 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
Harry Seaborn, North Salem, NY and Cameron Silverman, Mount Kisco, NY advanced
with a Bye
William Federhofer, North Miami, FL and Raleigh Smith, Miami, FL def. Evan Song,
Henderson, NV and Robert Verzaal, Shreveport, LA, 7-5, 6-2
Mitchell Frank(7), Annandale, VA and Junior Ore(7), Gaithersburg, MD advanced
with a Bye
Garret Dunn, Tempe, AZ and Andy Nguyen, Phoenix, AZ def. Michael Lampa, Ocean,
NJ and Joseph Schafer, Orchard Park, NY, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
Teddy Fitzgibbons, Mission Hills, KS and Travis Neilson, Overland Park, KS
advanced with a Bye
Antony Bogodist, San Francisco, CA and Yevgeny Pereverzin, Clackamas, OR def.
Denis Bogatov, Gurnee, IL and Samuel Ecker, Mequon, WI, 6-2, 6-4
Gregory Andrews(11), Richland, MI and Zachary Leslie(11), San Diego, CA advanced
with a Bye
Warren Hardie, Laguna Niguel, CA and Casey MacMaster, Fort Collins, CO def. Tom
Blackwell, Ponte Vedra, FL and Andy Hersh, Valrico, FL, 6-1, 6-1
Brian Fang, Hacienda Heights, CA and Michael Lin, San Diego, CA advanced with a
Bye
Brian Alden, Inverness, IL and Aaron Pfister, Grand Blanc, MI def. Bobby
Browning, Florence, SC and Cal Hilsman, Spartanburg, SC, 6-1, 6-2
Breon Badger, Lawrenceville, GA and Michael Vallejo, Miami, FL def. Parker
Kelley, Manhattan Beach, CA and Alex Yermanos, Encinitas, CA, 6-4, 6-4
Jeffrey Offerdahl, Austin, TX and Taylor Shamshiri, Dripping Springs, TX
advanced with a Bye
Ryan Bandy, Cincinnati, OH and Augie Bloom, Hinsdale, IL def. Wesley Barrett,
Cary, NC and Mario Martinez, Maumelle, AR, 6-2, 7-5
Shaun Bernstein(15), Plainview, NY and Campbell Johnson(15), Rancho Santa Fe, CA
advanced with a Bye
Ryan Cheung, Irvine, CA and Mousheg Hovhannisyan, North Hollywood, CA def. Coby
Kramer-Golinkoff, Bala Cynwyd, PA and Daniil Mamalat, Philadelphia, PA, 7-6(3),
7-6(4)
Logan Chun, Honolulu, HI and Christopher Cox, Myrtle Beach, SC advanced with a
Bye
Christopher Jackman, Key Biscayne, FL and Dennis Novikov, Boca Raton, FL def.
Cale Hammond, Tulsa, OK and John Warden, Tulsa, OK, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(2)
Tennys Sandgren(6), Gallatin, TN and Spencer Wolf(6), Coral Springs, FL advanced
with a Bye
Patrick Kawka, Las Vegas, NV and Devin Lane, Salt Lake City, UT def. Sidarth
Balaji, Fairfax, VA and Kyle Parker, Richmond, VA, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2
Joey Fritz, Cincinnati, OH and Jimmy Roebker, Fort Mitchell, KY advanced with a
Bye
Garrett Brasseaux, Covington, LA and Gabriel Flores, Guaynabo, PR def. Connor
Gilmore, Madison, WI and Ethan Kallick, Pittsburgh, PA, 6-1, 7-5
Andrew Butz(12), Vero Beach, FL and Zachary Katz(12), Boca Raton, FL advanced
with a Bye
Daniel Hoffman, Atherton, CA and John Huang, Irvine, CA def. Nicholas Kamisar,
Sammamish, WA and Kevin Taylor, Victoria, BC, 6-2, 7-6(9)
Chris Camillone, Austin, TX and Ben Guthrie, Plano, TX advanced with a Bye
David Holiner, Dallas, TX and Max Stevens, Dallas, TX def. Max Haskin, New York
City, NY and Jason Magnes, Short Hills, NJ, 6-4, 6-4
Chase Buchanan(4), New Albany, OH and Jarmere Jenkins(4), College Park, GA
advanced with a Bye
Benjamin Chen, Spring, TX and Daniel Whitehead, Sugar Land, TX def. Chase
Melton, Santa Barbara, CA and Jacob Straus, San Antonio, TX, 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-4
John Collins, Bowie, MD and Justin Shane, Falls Church, VA advanced with a Bye
Henry Jang-Milsten, Alpharetta, GA and Grant Roberts, Lexington, KY def. Cameron
Ghorbani, Lexington, MA and Michael Hill, Topsham, ME, 6-1, 6-4
Chris Cha(10), Overland Park, KS and Lawrence Formentera(10), Colton, CA
advanced with a Bye
Thomas Cook, Lilburn, GA and William Davis, Prospect, KY def. Dylan Kady, Upper
Holland, PA and Michael Sinha, Eden Prairie, MN, 7-6(8), 7-6(4)
Alex Christ, Rochester, NY and Justin Reindel, Mamaroneck, NY advanced with a
Bye
Walker Kehrer, Pacific Palisades, CA and Denis Lin, Thousand Oaks, CA def. Arren
Carter, Powell, OH and Drew Lied, Brookfield, WI, 6-0, 6-0
S.C. Bangoura(8), Bradenton, FL and Nathan Pasha(8), Atlanta, GA advanced with a
Bye
Tyler Brown, New Braunfels, TX and Matthew Dooley, New Braunfels, TX def. Neil
Karandikar, Belle Mead, NJ and Alexander Robles, Naples, FL, 6-3, 6-1
Wyatt Lippert, Cincinnati, OH and Michael Moore, Glenview, IL advanced with a
Bye
Matthew Micheli, San Francisco, CA and Nick Papac, Fresno, CA def. Trevor
Horstmann, Tulsa, OK and Toki Sherbakov, Mountain View, CA, 6-4, 6-1
Ryan Noble(14), Fayetteville, NC and James Seal(14), Chattanooga, TN advanced
with a Bye
Blake Bazarnik, Kildeer, IL and Billy Bertha, Whitefish Bay, WI def. Ross Peets,
Jackson, MS and Matthew Zachary, Bossier City, LA, 6-3, 6-7(3), 6-3
Ashton Kalhorn, Colorado Springs, CO and Tyler Loong, Highland, UT advanced with
a Bye
Dominic Bermudez, Tucson, AZ and Stan Breland, Las Vegas, NV def. Arthur
Karagezian, Burbank, CA and Ken Mkrtchian, Reseda, CA, 1-6, 7-6(3), 6-3
Matthew Kandath(2), Gansevoort, NY and Ryan Lipman(2), Nashville, TN advanced
with a Bye

dlesser13
08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Go Russell Bader!

himynameisNIKE
08-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Alex lawson ftw in 16s

Michael Bluth
08-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Nothing major the first day, though dissapointed to see Lamble gone so easily after he came close to beating Krajicek last year. Oh well.

SoCal10s
08-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Denis Lin advances with a Bye today............. Way to go Denis.......

Dennis Lin and Walker K.. your Stanford boys already lost in doubles.. how disappointing ...

mtommer
08-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Very IMpressive about Chang. thanks. i want to know what the shirts look like this year. last year was cool

This year's shirts....
front A
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2448/img0166as.jpg

rear A
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8476/img0165am.jpg

front B
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8483/img0167a.jpg

rear B
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2040/img0169a.jpg

Lendl
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I live here in Kalamazoo and anyone in town for the tourney that needs anything as far as practice court locations around town, restaurants, etc. just email me. I'll be at the tournament site here and there.

worthpst137@gmail.com

Fedace
08-08-2009, 02:47 PM
This year's shirts....

rear A
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8476/img0165am.jpg

front B
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8483/img0167a.jpg

rear B
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2040/img0169a.jpg

That is simply awsome. I am buying 10 of those.:)

lucknowrocks
08-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey mtommer, where do they set up the store? I go to K College and was trying to guess from your pictures.

stanfordtennis alum
08-08-2009, 05:33 PM
That is simply awsome. I am buying 10 of those.:)

what do u need 10 of those shirts for?

Bilbo
08-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Justin Shane FTW!

He'll definently be my next fav player when he goes pro... :)

PLus he lives in virginia, which is in the Mid-Atlantic... like ME!

ClarkC
08-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Justin Shane FTW!

What is "FTW" which has appeared in several recent posts?

mtommer
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey mtommer, where do they set up the store? I go to K College and was trying to guess from your pictures.

The store is in with the concession booth right by the main parking lot stairwell entrance to the courts. Where you get the blueberries and cream. Yesterday, when I took the pictures, they had the tent sides down because of the rain so it was easy to miss.

mtommer
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
BTW Fedace, the colored shirts, which also come in black and the white as well, are $18.

SoCal10s
08-08-2009, 08:24 PM
fedace: get the new sleeveless dri-fit and black hoody .. everything else looks the same from last year...

Fedace
08-09-2009, 10:46 AM
what do u need 10 of those shirts for?

I will give some of them away to friends. and I use them up pretty quick too. I go thru the new shirts in 3 weeks or so. then i give it to my dog.:)

Fedace
08-09-2009, 10:47 AM
fedace: get the new sleeveless dri-fit and black hoody .. everything else looks the same from last year...

Sounds good to me. What does that one look like ?

kctennis1005
08-09-2009, 11:35 AM
wow some major upsets at the zoo today:

Billy Bertha taking out Harry Fowler first rd(although Fowler retired in the 2nd so maybe injury?)

Nelson Vick taking out USC's Daniel Nguyen(I consider this a huge upset considering Nguyen was a solid 5/6 for USC all season and killed Chase Buchanan in the finals of the NCAA's, I think he was underseeded....either Vick played out of his mind or Nguyen had an off day)

Cale Hammond beating Chris Mengel 6-0, 6-0(No clue what happened here)

Mousheg Hovhannisyan taking out Novikov(not really an upset because Mousheg is a very good player but its another seed that went down 1st rd)

A player to watch right now is Gabriel Flores....he took out Lamble first rd quite easily and then double baged his next opponent....his next match against Van Overbeek should be interesting

kctennis1005
08-09-2009, 11:37 AM
double post

Fedace
08-09-2009, 11:44 AM
USTA Boys' 18 & 16 2009
National Championships
Kalamazoo, MI

1st Rd of 16 Singles

Jack Sock(1), Lincoln, NE advanced with a Bye
Q-D Nguyen, Dunn Loring, VA def. Hunter Reese, Kennesaw, GA, 3-6, 7-6(2), 6-3
Kristofer Yee, Las Vegas, NV advanced with a Bye
Zachary Krumholz, Palm Beach, FL def. Sam Bloom, Hinsdale, IL, 6-0, 6-1
Asika Isoh(19), Cambria Heights, NY advanced with a Bye
Christopher Diaz, Columbus, OH def. Erik Lim, Palos Verdes Estates, CA, 6-2, 6-2
Blaine Willenborg, Miami Shores, FL advanced with a Bye
Matthew Hagan, Omaha, NE def. Nathan Rakitt, Marietta, GA, 6-2, 6-7(3), 6-3
Chase Curry(10), Wichita Falls, TX advanced with a Bye
Benjamin Barnette, Spartanburg, SC def. Stuart Tierney, Hillsboro, OR, 6-3, 6-0
Daniel Faierman, Del Mar, CA advanced with a Bye
Matthew Alves, Gold River, CA def. Forrest Edwards, Franklin, TN, 6-4, 6-3
Tyler Gardiner(22), Novi, MI advanced with a Bye
Alex Sidney, Baltimore, MD def. Alexander Van Cott, Unadilla, NY, 6-1, 6-7(5),
6-3
Winston Lin, Williamsville, NY advanced with a Bye
Michael Rinaldi, Palm City, FL def. Coy Dobson, Corpus Christi, TX, 7-6(2), 6-2
Hunter Harrington(5), Spartanburg, SC advanced with a Bye
Trey Daniel, Overland Park, KS def. Michael Elortegui, Carmel, CA, 6-4, 5-7, 6-0
Nicholas Mahlangu, Henderson, NV advanced with a Bye
Alexander Petrone, Staten Island, NY def. Kenneth Sabacinski, Plantation, FL, 6-
2, 6-0
Alexander Steinroeder(27), Concord, MA advanced with a Bye
Luis Acaba, San Juan, PR def. Michael Reilly, Raleigh, NC, 3-6, 7-6(4), 7-5
Dusty Boyer, Ham Lake, MN advanced with a Bye
Henry Steer, Ber*****ville, NJ def. Jonathan Ho, Wexford, PA, 6-1, 6-3
Johnny Wang(16), San Marino, CA advanced with a Bye
Harrison Adams, New Braunfels, TX def. Roy Skinner, New Canaan, CT, 6-2, 6-4
Max Schnur, Richmond, VA advanced with a Bye
Samuel Shropshire, Philadelphia, PA def. Marco Kobayashi, Honolulu, HI, 7-5, 6-2
Anthony Tsodikov(31), San Francisco, CA advanced with a Bye
Jack Larsen, Whitefish Bay, WI and Casey Kay, Alpharetta, GA did not play
Nick Chappell, Indianapolis, IN advanced with a Bye
John Richmond, Pawleys Island, SC def. Stuart Kenyon, Houston, TX, 6-1, 6-3
Bjorn Fratangelo(3), Pittsburgh, PA advanced with a Bye
Alex Howard, Brentwood, TN def. Noah Bragg, Brookline, MA, 6-2, 6-4
Zachary Mueck, West Chester, OH advanced with a Bye
Dominic Cotrone, Bradenton, FL def. Nikhil Jayashankar, Saratoga, CA, 6-0, 6-4
Brandon Fickey(18), Knoxville, TN advanced with a Bye
Emmett Egger, Issaquah, WA def. Jayson Glickman, Chappaqua, NY, 6-1, 6-4
Horea Porutiu, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA advanced with a Bye
Garrett Gordon, Marietta, GA def. Jeff Vongman, Las Vegas, NV, 6-4, 6-3
Ace Matias(11), Torrance, CA advanced with a Bye
Van Damrongsri, Ellicott City, MD def. Joseph Van Meter, Indianapolis, IN, 6-2,
6-0
Robert Stineman, Winnetka, IL advanced with a Bye
Christopher Kipouras, San Ramon, CA and Tucker Saxon, Dellwood, MN did not play
Nolan Paige(23), Fairfield, CT advanced with a Bye
Matthew Saiontz, Miami, FL def. Nicholas Naumann, The Woodlands, TX, 4-6, 6-4,
6-2
Rickey Baylon, Buena Park, CA advanced with a Bye
Sean Karl, Brentwood, TN def. Oliver Loutsenko, Bellmore, NY, 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
Marcos Giron(7), Thousand Oaks, CA advanced with a Bye
Erik Nordahl, Bloomington, MN def. Blake Daniel, Overland Park, KS, 2-6, 6-4, 6-
Michael Riechmann, Houston, TX advanced with a Bye
Nicolas Montoya, Scottsdale, AZ def. Benjamin Quazzo, Chicago, IL, 3-6, 7-5, 6-3
Alexios Halebian, Glendale, CA advanced with a Bye
Ross Guignon, Prairie Village, KS def. Corey Robinson, Philadelphia, PA, 6-3, 6-
Aidan Koross, Kohler, WI advanced with a Bye
Jonathan Carcione, Franklin Lakes, NJ def. Joshua Dancu, Naples, FL, 6-4, 6-2
Jeremy Efferding(13), Lake Worth, FL advanced with a Bye
Joe Dorn, Washington, DC def. Joey Brandt, Folsom, CA, 3-6, 7-5, 6-1
Philip Nelson, Reston, VA advanced with a Bye
Daniel Ho, Los Angeles, CA def. Maxx Lipman, Nashville, TN, 6-0, 6-1
Mitchell Krueger(30), Aledo, TX advanced with a Bye
Terrell Celestine, Atlanta, GA def. Caryl Hernandez, Fullerton, CA, 6-1, 6-4
Jayabharath Billa, Folsom, CA advanced with a Bye
Bert Vancura, New Hyde Park, NY def. Eugene Oh, Alpharetta, GA, 3-6, 6-4, 7-6(5)
Jacob Jung, Upland, CA def. Boris Bogomolov, Miami, FL, 6-0, 6-2
Connor Farren, Hillsborough, CA advanced with a Bye
Mihir Kumar, Carmel, IN def. Adam Salam, Wallingford, PA, 6-0, 6-1
Keaton Cullimore(20), Sandy, UT advanced with a Bye
Damon Niquet, Waukesha, WI def. David Kelleher, Hollywood, FL, 7-5, 7-5
Hudson Barnhart, Wenatchee, WA advanced with a Bye
Austin Ansari, Greensboro, NC def. Wayne Harrell, East Windsor, CT, 6-1, 6-3
Richard Del Nunzio(9), Forest Hills, NY advanced with a Bye
Alex Lawson, Tempe, AZ def. Andrew Mayer, Scottsdale, AZ, 6-1, 6-2
Austin Smith, Cumming, GA advanced with a Bye
Quinton Vega, Brooklyn, NY def. Mac Styslinger, Birmingham, AL, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2
Morgan Mays(21), Longboat Key, FL advanced with a Bye
Andrew Streeter, Beverly Hills, MI def. Andrew Scheiner, New York City, NY, 7-5,
6-1
Justin Carter, Pikesville, MD advanced with a Bye
Andrew Korinek, Mansfield, TX def. Harrison Smith, Knoxville, TN, 6-1, 6-3
Dennis Mkrtchian(6), Reseda, CA advanced with a Bye
Luke Synn, Conover, NC def. David Weiner, Houston, TX, 7-5, 6-1
Jeffrey Hawke, Rolling Hills Estates, CA advanced with a Bye
Andrew Pecht, Hyattsville, MD def. Eric Frueh, Rochester, MN, 6-0, 6-3
Ashok Narayana(26), Houston, TX advanced with a Bye
Andrew Scholnick, Winnetka, IL def. Brendan Aguilar, Las Vegas, NV, 5-7, 6-4, 6-
Andrew Malozsak, Woodside, CA advanced with a Bye
Howard Weiss, Great Neck, NY def. Jacob Behal, Simpsonville, SC, 6-0, 6-1
Jose Martinez(15), Houston, TX advanced with a Bye
Alex Aleman, Cuyahoga Falls, OH def. Mitchell Polnet, Churchville, PA, 7-6(5),
6-2
Eiichiro Okuyama, North Potomac, MD advanced with a Bye
William Spector, Weston, MA def. Alexander Friedlich, Great Neck, NY, 6-3, 6-1
Vikram Hundal(32), Alpharetta, GA advanced with a Bye
Eric Johnson, San Jose, CA def. Evan McElwain, Tulsa, OK, 6-2, 6-1
Kyle Berman, Armonk, NY advanced with a Bye
Reo Asami, Irvine, CA def. Brett Clark, Naples, FL, 6-0, 6-1
Jackson Withrow(4), Omaha, NE advanced with a Bye
Michael Redlicki, Hawthorn Woods, IL def. Edwin Zhang, Falls Church, VA, 6-4, 7-
6(7)
Garrett Patton, Boise, ID advanced with a Bye
Alex Scheinman, Los Angeles, CA def. Jordan Daigle, Lafayette, LA, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
Andrew Adams(17), South Richmond Hill, NY advanced with a Bye
Michael Guzman, Napa, CA def. Jonathan Cypers, Chappaqua, NY, 6-7(4), 6-5
Ret(inj)
Andrew Gores, Charlotte, NC advanced with a Bye
Austin Woldmoe, Fortville, IN def. Victor Marcial, San Juan, PR, 6-1, 6-1
Spencer Simon(12), Santa Barbara, CA advanced with a Bye
Andrew Goodwin, Alpharetta, GA def. Kevin Chu, Potomac, MD, 6-4, 6-0
Jordan Kaufman, Armonk, NY advanced with a Bye
Anthony Delcore, Omaha, NE def. Jack Hamburg, Rapid City, SD, 6-7(3), 7-6(4), 6-
Robbie Mudge(24), Winston-Salem, NC advanced with a Bye
Daniel Hirschberg, Westport, CT def. Travis Tu, Arcadia, CA, 7-5, 6-3
Roy Lederman, Golden Beach, FL def. ,
Tanner Brown, New Braunfels, TX def. Calvin Mark, Union City, CA, 7-6(4), 6-2
Gonzales Austin(8), Miami, FL advanced with a Bye
Kyle Koch, Irmo, SC def. Andrew Prince, Hastings-On-Hudson, NY, 6-4, 7-5
Nolan Marks, Chagrin Falls, OH advanced with a Bye
Jason Luu, Fairfax, VA def. Warren Wood, Del Mar, CA, 6-4, 7-6(3)
Shaun Chaudhuri(28), Pleasanton, CA advanced with a Bye
Ryan Smith, Weston, FL def. Becker O'Shaughnessey, Macon, GA, 3-6, 7-6(3), 6-4
Joseph Dube, Livonia, MI advanced with a Bye
Stefan Woog, Lakeland, TN def. Karthik Dhore, Monte Sereno, CA, 6-3, 6-3
Hunter Callahan(14), Lower Gwynedd, PA advanced with a Bye
Blake Wiggins, Frisco, TX def. Samuel Todd, Encinitas, CA, 0-6, 6-2, 6-2
Zach McCourt, Sunrise, FL advanced with a Bye
Jeremy Court, New Rochelle, NY def. Noah Joachim, Sparta, NJ, 6-7(3), 7-6(4), 6-
Dane Webb(29), Richardson, TX advanced with a Bye
Christopher Haworth, Oklahoma City, OK def. Chas Okamoto, Princeville, HI, 6-3,
6-2
Anton Kovrigin, Rockville, MD advanced with a Bye
John Pearce, Provo, UT def. Tim Kopinski, Palos Hills, IL, 6-4, 7-5
Shane Vinsant(2), Keller, TX advanced with a Bye

Mike Keenan
269-381-2487

USTA Results courtesy
Western Michigan University
Charter Communications

Michael Bluth
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Kandath out as well, surprised me.

Sandgren got a scare too, winning in 3.

Fedace
08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
This cam has a delay and it is annoying the heck of out me......

http://146.113.47.100/view/index.shtml

Fedace
08-09-2009, 02:37 PM
USTA Boys' 18 & 16 2009
National Championships
Kalamazoo, MI

2nd Rd of 18 Singles

Alexander Domijan(1), Wesley Chapel, FL def. Cal Hilsman, Spartanburg, SC, 6-1,
6-1
John Huang, Irvine, CA def. Taylor Stockton, El Paso, TX, 6-1, 6-0
Kevin King(19), Peachtree Cty, GA def. Zhongming Chen, Oakland, CA, 6-2, 6-4
Christopher Jackman, Key Biscayne, FL def. Robert Wong, Riverside, CT, 6-1, 6-1
Billy Bertha, Whitefish Bay, WI def. Harry Fowler(9), Houston, TX, 7-6(6), 4-0
Ret(inj)
Benjamin Chen, Spring, TX def. Matthew Siow, Irvine, CA, 6-1, 6-3
S.C. Bangoura(22), Bradenton, FL def. Nathan Pasha, Atlanta, GA, 6-2, 7-5
Tyler Brown, New Braunfels, TX def. Omar Aly, Edmond, OK, 6-3, 6-4
Evan King(5), Chicago, IL def. Felix Sun, Potomac, MD, 6-3, 6-1
William Federhofer, North Miami, FL def. Jamin Ball, Palo Alto, CA, 6-1, 6-0
Justin Shane(25), Falls Church, VA def. Walker Kehrer, Pacific Palisades, CA, 6-
4, 6-3
Brian Fang, Hacienda Heights, CA def. Michael Hill, Topsham, ME, 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
Raymond Sarmiento(13), Fontana, CA def. Michael Lampa, Ocean, NJ, 6-0, 6-2
Russell Bader, Austin, TX def. Jimmy Roebker, Fort Mitchell, KY, 6-1, 6-4
Nelson Vick, Grafton, WI def. Daniel Nguyen(32), Oxnard, CA, 1-6, 6-2, 6-2
Casey MacMaster, Fort Collins, CO def. Kevin Taylor, Victoria, BC, 6-3, 4-6, 6-0
Denis Kudla(3), Arlington, VA def. Ken Mkrtchian, Reseda, CA, 6-4, 6-2
Blake Davis, Austin, TX def. Brandon DeBot, Stevens Point, WI, 6-4, 6-3
JT Sundling(17), Thousand Oaks, CA def. Harris Barnard, Dothan, AL, 7-6(2), 6-2
Garrett Brasseaux, Covington, LA def. Antony Bogodist, San Francisco, CA, 6-4,
6-3
Shaun Bernstein, Plainview, NY def. James Seal(12), Chattanooga, TN, 6-7(6), 7-
6(2), 6-1
Sidarth Balaji, Fairfax, VA def. Samuel Ecker, Mequon, WI, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
Cale Hammond, Tulsa, OK def. Dylan Kady, Upper Holland, PA, 6-0, 6-0
Clarke Spinosa, Claremont, CA def. Michael Sinha, Eden Prairie, MN, 6-3, 6-2
Ryan Lipman(8), Nashville, TN def. Michael Lin, San Diego, CA, 6-1, 6-0
Daniel Kreyman, Long Beach, NY def. Aaron Pfister, Grand Blanc, MI, 6-3, 6-2
Clay Thompson(27), Venice Beach, CA def. John Yetimoglu, Miami, FL, 6-4, 7-6(5)
Ryan Noble, Fayetteville, NC def. Daniel McCall, Santa Monica, CA, 6-0, 6-2
Frederick Saba(16), Fort Lauderdale, FL def. Ben Guthrie, Plano, TX, 6-3, 6-4
Anderson Reed, Daphne, AL def. Eric Sock, Lincoln, NE, 6-3, 6-2
Gregory Andrews(30), Richland, MI def. Alexander Teppert, Ponte Vedra, FL, 7-
6(3), 6-2
Alex Van Velzer, Montgomery, TX def. Matthew Micheli, San Francisco, CA, 6-3, 6-
Cameron Silverman, Mount Kisco, NY def. Drew Lied, Brookfield, WI, 6-1, 6-4
Mousheg Hovhannisyan, North Hollywood, CA def. Dennis Novikov(18), Boca Raton,
FL, 7-5, 6-2
Campbell Johnson, Rancho Santa Fe, CA def. Alex Rovello, Portland, OR, 6-4, 6-3
Mitchell Frank(10), Annandale, VA def. Cameron Ghorbani, Lexington, MA, 6-0, 6-0
Robert Verzaal, Shreveport, LA def. James Davis, Manassas, VA, 7-6(7), 6-4
Lawrence Formentera(23), Colton, CA def. Max Stevens, Dallas, TX, 4-6, 6-1, 1-1
Ret(inj)
Jacob Straus, San Antonio, TX def. Nick Papac, Fresno, CA, 6-1, 6-4
Jordan Cox(6), Duluth, GA def. Chris Cha, Overland Park, KS, 6-3, 6-4
Warren Hardie, Laguna Niguel, CA def. Parker Kelley, Manhattan Beach, CA, 6-1,
6-0
Denis Lin(28), Thousand Oaks, CA def. John Warden, Tulsa, OK, 6-2, 6-3
Gabriel Flores, Guaynabo, PR def. Kyle Roth, New York City, NY, 6-0, 6-0
Bob van Overbeek(14), Boca Raton, FL def. Jeffrey Offerdahl, Austin, TX, 6-1, 6-
Spencer Wolf, Coral Springs, FL def. Augie Bloom, Hinsdale, IL, 7-6(4), 2-6, 2-1
Ret(ill)
Sean Berman(31), Irvine, CA def. Chris Cooprider, Centennial, CO, 6-3, 6-2
Kyle Parker, Richmond, VA def. Joshua Tchan, Woodland Hills, CA, 6-3, 1-6, 6-3
Tennys Sandgren(4), Gallatin, TN def. Michael Moore, Glenview, IL, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
Samuel Fife, Scarsdale, NY def. Logon Collins, Tulsa, OK, 6-3, 6-1
Frank Carleton, Naples, FL def. Zachary Leslie(20), San Diego, CA, 6-2, 6-2
Devin McCarthy, Cincinnati, OH def. Daniel Hoffman, Atherton, CA, 7-5, 6-4
Junior Ore(11), Gaithersburg, MD def. Freddy Quintos, Murrieta, CA, 6-0, 6-4
Ryan Cheung, Irvine, CA def. Sam Wells, Boca Raton, FL, 6-3, 6-4
Connor Smith(21), Tampa, FL def. Otavio Perim, The Woodlands, TX, 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
Christopher Freeman, Costa Mesa, CA def. Denis Bogatov, Gurnee, IL, 6-3, 6-2
Jarmere Jenkins(7), College Park, GA def. Trevor Horstmann, Tulsa, OK, 6-3, 6-4
Matthew Spindler, Sacramento, CA def. Harry Seaborn, North Salem, NY, 6-3, 6-4
Daniel Kosakowski(26), Downey, CA def. Matthew Zachary, Bossier City, LA, 6-2,
6-2
Joseph Schafer, Orchard Park, NY def. Garret Dunn, Tempe, AZ, 6-4, 6-4
Alex Yermanos, Encinitas, CA def. Matthew Kandath(15), Gansevoort, NY, 2-6, 6-4,
3-0 Ret(ill)
Dan Richardson, Owens Crossroads, AL def. Chris Camillone, Austin, TX, 6-4, 6-1
Christian Schultz(29), Sudbury, MA def. Toki Sherbakov, Mountain View, CA, 6-1,
6-2
Blake Bazarnik, Kildeer, IL def. Henry Jang-Milsten, Alpharetta, GA, 7-5, 6-1
Chase Buchanan(2), New Albany, OH def. Andrew Butz, Vero Beach, FL, 6-1, 6-1

Mike Keenan
269-381-2487

USTA Results courtesy
Charter Communications

AT92292
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Why is Ryan Harrison not playing? Is it possible that he didnt get in?

AT92292
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM
USTA Boys' 18 & 16 2009
National Championships
Kalamazoo, MI

2nd Rd of 18 Singles

Alexander Domijan(1), Wesley Chapel, FL def. Cal Hilsman, Spartanburg, SC, 6-1,
6-1
John Huang, Irvine, CA def. Taylor Stockton, El Paso, TX, 6-1, 6-0
Kevin King(19), Peachtree Cty, GA def. Zhongming Chen, Oakland, CA, 6-2, 6-4
Christopher Jackman, Key Biscayne, FL def. Robert Wong, Riverside, CT, 6-1, 6-1
Billy Bertha, Whitefish Bay, WI def. Harry Fowler(9), Houston, TX, 7-6(6), 4-0
Ret(inj)
Benjamin Chen, Spring, TX def. Matthew Siow, Irvine, CA, 6-1, 6-3
S.C. Bangoura(22), Bradenton, FL def. Nathan Pasha, Atlanta, GA, 6-2, 7-5
Tyler Brown, New Braunfels, TX def. Omar Aly, Edmond, OK, 6-3, 6-4
Evan King(5), Chicago, IL def. Felix Sun, Potomac, MD, 6-3, 6-1
William Federhofer, North Miami, FL def. Jamin Ball, Palo Alto, CA, 6-1, 6-0
Justin Shane(25), Falls Church, VA def. Walker Kehrer, Pacific Palisades, CA, 6-
4, 6-3
Brian Fang, Hacienda Heights, CA def. Michael Hill, Topsham, ME, 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
Raymond Sarmiento(13), Fontana, CA def. Michael Lampa, Ocean, NJ, 6-0, 6-2
Russell Bader, Austin, TX def. Jimmy Roebker, Fort Mitchell, KY, 6-1, 6-4
Nelson Vick, Grafton, WI def. Daniel Nguyen(32), Oxnard, CA, 1-6, 6-2, 6-2
Casey MacMaster, Fort Collins, CO def. Kevin Taylor, Victoria, BC, 6-3, 4-6, 6-0
Denis Kudla(3), Arlington, VA def. Ken Mkrtchian, Reseda, CA, 6-4, 6-2
Blake Davis, Austin, TX def. Brandon DeBot, Stevens Point, WI, 6-4, 6-3
JT Sundling(17), Thousand Oaks, CA def. Harris Barnard, Dothan, AL, 7-6(2), 6-2
Garrett Brasseaux, Covington, LA def. Antony Bogodist, San Francisco, CA, 6-4,
6-3
Shaun Bernstein, Plainview, NY def. James Seal(12), Chattanooga, TN, 6-7(6), 7-
6(2), 6-1Sidarth Balaji, Fairfax, VA def. Samuel Ecker, Mequon, WI, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
Cale Hammond, Tulsa, OK def. Dylan Kady, Upper Holland, PA, 6-0, 6-0
Clarke Spinosa, Claremont, CA def. Michael Sinha, Eden Prairie, MN, 6-3, 6-2
Ryan Lipman(8), Nashville, TN def. Michael Lin, San Diego, CA, 6-1, 6-0
Daniel Kreyman, Long Beach, NY def. Aaron Pfister, Grand Blanc, MI, 6-3, 6-2
Clay Thompson(27), Venice Beach, CA def. John Yetimoglu, Miami, FL, 6-4, 7-6(5)
Ryan Noble, Fayetteville, NC def. Daniel McCall, Santa Monica, CA, 6-0, 6-2
Frederick Saba(16), Fort Lauderdale, FL def. Ben Guthrie, Plano, TX, 6-3, 6-4
Anderson Reed, Daphne, AL def. Eric Sock, Lincoln, NE, 6-3, 6-2
Gregory Andrews(30), Richland, MI def. Alexander Teppert, Ponte Vedra, FL, 7-
6(3), 6-2
Alex Van Velzer, Montgomery, TX def. Matthew Micheli, San Francisco, CA, 6-3, 6-
Cameron Silverman, Mount Kisco, NY def. Drew Lied, Brookfield, WI, 6-1, 6-4
Mousheg Hovhannisyan, North Hollywood, CA def. Dennis Novikov(18), Boca Raton,
FL, 7-5, 6-2
Campbell Johnson, Rancho Santa Fe, CA def. Alex Rovello, Portland, OR, 6-4, 6-3
Mitchell Frank(10), Annandale, VA def. Cameron Ghorbani, Lexington, MA, 6-0, 6-0
Robert Verzaal, Shreveport, LA def. James Davis, Manassas, VA, 7-6(7), 6-4
Lawrence Formentera(23), Colton, CA def. Max Stevens, Dallas, TX, 4-6, 6-1, 1-1
Ret(inj)
Jacob Straus, San Antonio, TX def. Nick Papac, Fresno, CA, 6-1, 6-4
Jordan Cox(6), Duluth, GA def. Chris Cha, Overland Park, KS, 6-3, 6-4
Warren Hardie, Laguna Niguel, CA def. Parker Kelley, Manhattan Beach, CA, 6-1,
6-0
Denis Lin(28), Thousand Oaks, CA def. John Warden, Tulsa, OK, 6-2, 6-3
Gabriel Flores, Guaynabo, PR def. Kyle Roth, New York City, NY, 6-0, 6-0
Bob van Overbeek(14), Boca Raton, FL def. Jeffrey Offerdahl, Austin, TX, 6-1, 6-
Spencer Wolf, Coral Springs, FL def. Augie Bloom, Hinsdale, IL, 7-6(4), 2-6, 2-1
Ret(ill)
Sean Berman(31), Irvine, CA def. Chris Cooprider, Centennial, CO, 6-3, 6-2
Kyle Parker, Richmond, VA def. Joshua Tchan, Woodland Hills, CA, 6-3, 1-6, 6-3
Tennys Sandgren(4), Gallatin, TN def. Michael Moore, Glenview, IL, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
Samuel Fife, Scarsdale, NY def. Logon Collins, Tulsa, OK, 6-3, 6-1
Frank Carleton, Naples, FL def. Zachary Leslie(20), San Diego, CA, 6-2, 6-2
Devin McCarthy, Cincinnati, OH def. Daniel Hoffman, Atherton, CA, 7-5, 6-4
Junior Ore(11), Gaithersburg, MD def. Freddy Quintos, Murrieta, CA, 6-0, 6-4
Ryan Cheung, Irvine, CA def. Sam Wells, Boca Raton, FL, 6-3, 6-4
Connor Smith(21), Tampa, FL def. Otavio Perim, The Woodlands, TX, 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
Christopher Freeman, Costa Mesa, CA def. Denis Bogatov, Gurnee, IL, 6-3, 6-2
Jarmere Jenkins(7), College Park, GA def. Trevor Horstmann, Tulsa, OK, 6-3, 6-4
Matthew Spindler, Sacramento, CA def. Harry Seaborn, North Salem, NY, 6-3, 6-4
Daniel Kosakowski(26), Downey, CA def. Matthew Zachary, Bossier City, LA, 6-2,
6-2
Joseph Schafer, Orchard Park, NY def. Garret Dunn, Tempe, AZ, 6-4, 6-4
Alex Yermanos, Encinitas, CA def. Matthew Kandath(15), Gansevoort, NY, 2-6, 6-4,
3-0 Ret(ill)
Dan Richardson, Owens Crossroads, AL def. Chris Camillone, Austin, TX, 6-4, 6-1
Christian Schultz(29), Sudbury, MA def. Toki Sherbakov, Mountain View, CA, 6-1,
6-2
Blake Bazarnik, Kildeer, IL def. Henry Jang-Milsten, Alpharetta, GA, 7-5, 6-1
Chase Buchanan(2), New Albany, OH def. Andrew Butz, Vero Beach, FL, 6-1, 6-1

Mike Keenan
269-381-2487

USTA Results courtesy
Charter Communications

Great win for Shaun. That kid deserves it

Bilbo
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM
My boy, Justin Shane, just began his tournament winning campaign. Now we're one match away from taking on and beating Evan King. Justin Shane FTW!!!

BTW, if u guys have never seen him play, he'll be the next great serve and volleyer. 6'5" 165 lbs and a game that resembles Petros Sampras'. He's awesome!!!:twisted:

Bilbo
08-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Billy Bertha taking out Harry Fowler first rd(although Fowler retired in the 2nd so maybe injury?)

Nelson Vick taking out USC's Daniel Nguyen(I consider this a huge upset considering Nguyen was a solid 5/6 for USC all season and killed Chase Buchanan in the finals of the NCAA's, I think he was underseeded....either Vick played out of his mind or Nguyen had an off day)

Mousheg Hovhannisyan taking out Novikov(not really an upset because Mousheg is a very good player but its another seed that went down 1st rd)

A player to watch right now is Gabriel Flores....he took out Lamble first rd quite easily and then double baged his next opponent....his next match against Van Overbeek should be interesting
Maybe, but i think the player to watch is Justin Shane. I've seen the guy play, and trust me, he's got a chance to be the next great American player.

SoCalDominates
08-09-2009, 03:19 PM
USTA Boys' 18 & 16 2009
National Championships
Kalamazoo, MI

1st Rd of 16 Singles

Jack Sock(1), Lincoln, NE advanced with a Bye
Q-D Nguyen, Dunn Loring, VA def. Hunter Reese, Kennesaw, GA, 3-6, 7-6(2), 6-3
Kristofer Yee, Las Vegas, NV advanced with a Bye
Zachary Krumholz, Palm Beach, FL def. Sam Bloom, Hinsdale, IL, 6-0, 6-1
Asika Isoh(19), Cambria Heights, NY advanced with a Bye
Christopher Diaz, Columbus, OH def. Erik Lim, Palos Verdes Estates, CA, 6-2, 6-2
Blaine Willenborg, Miami Shores, FL advanced with a Bye
Matthew Hagan, Omaha, NE def. Nathan Rakitt, Marietta, GA, 6-2, 6-7(3), 6-3
Chase Curry(10), Wichita Falls, TX advanced with a Bye
Benjamin Barnette, Spartanburg, SC def. Stuart Tierney, Hillsboro, OR, 6-3, 6-0
Daniel Faierman, Del Mar, CA advanced with a Bye
Matthew Alves, Gold River, CA def. Forrest Edwards, Franklin, TN, 6-4, 6-3
Tyler Gardiner(22), Novi, MI advanced with a Bye
Alex Sidney, Baltimore, MD def. Alexander Van Cott, Unadilla, NY, 6-1, 6-7(5),
6-3
Winston Lin, Williamsville, NY advanced with a Bye
Michael Rinaldi, Palm City, FL def. Coy Dobson, Corpus Christi, TX, 7-6(2), 6-2
Hunter Harrington(5), Spartanburg, SC advanced with a Bye
Trey Daniel, Overland Park, KS def. Michael Elortegui, Carmel, CA, 6-4, 5-7, 6-0
Nicholas Mahlangu, Henderson, NV advanced with a Bye
Alexander Petrone, Staten Island, NY def. Kenneth Sabacinski, Plantation, FL, 6-
2, 6-0
Alexander Steinroeder(27), Concord, MA advanced with a Bye
Luis Acaba, San Juan, PR def. Michael Reilly, Raleigh, NC, 3-6, 7-6(4), 7-5
Dusty Boyer, Ham Lake, MN advanced with a Bye
Henry Steer, Ber*****ville, NJ def. Jonathan Ho, Wexford, PA, 6-1, 6-3
Johnny Wang(16), San Marino, CA advanced with a Bye
Harrison Adams, New Braunfels, TX def. Roy Skinner, New Canaan, CT, 6-2, 6-4
Max Schnur, Richmond, VA advanced with a Bye
Samuel Shropshire, Philadelphia, PA def. Marco Kobayashi, Honolulu, HI, 7-5, 6-2
Anthony Tsodikov(31), San Francisco, CA advanced with a Bye
Jack Larsen, Whitefish Bay, WI and Casey Kay, Alpharetta, GA did not play
Nick Chappell, Indianapolis, IN advanced with a Bye
John Richmond, Pawleys Island, SC def. Stuart Kenyon, Houston, TX, 6-1, 6-3
Bjorn Fratangelo(3), Pittsburgh, PA advanced with a Bye
Alex Howard, Brentwood, TN def. Noah Bragg, Brookline, MA, 6-2, 6-4
Zachary Mueck, West Chester, OH advanced with a Bye
Dominic Cotrone, Bradenton, FL def. Nikhil Jayashankar, Saratoga, CA, 6-0, 6-4
Brandon Fickey(18), Knoxville, TN advanced with a Bye
Emmett Egger, Issaquah, WA def. Jayson Glickman, Chappaqua, NY, 6-1, 6-4
Horea Porutiu, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA advanced with a Bye
Garrett Gordon, Marietta, GA def. Jeff Vongman, Las Vegas, NV, 6-4, 6-3
Ace Matias(11), Torrance, CA advanced with a Bye
Van Damrongsri, Ellicott City, MD def. Joseph Van Meter, Indianapolis, IN, 6-2,
6-0
Robert Stineman, Winnetka, IL advanced with a Bye
Christopher Kipouras, San Ramon, CA and Tucker Saxon, Dellwood, MN did not play
Nolan Paige(23), Fairfield, CT advanced with a Bye
Matthew Saiontz, Miami, FL def. Nicholas Naumann, The Woodlands, TX, 4-6, 6-4,
6-2
Rickey Baylon, Buena Park, CA advanced with a Bye
Sean Karl, Brentwood, TN def. Oliver Loutsenko, Bellmore, NY, 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
Marcos Giron(7), Thousand Oaks, CA advanced with a Bye
Erik Nordahl, Bloomington, MN def. Blake Daniel, Overland Park, KS, 2-6, 6-4, 6-
Michael Riechmann, Houston, TX advanced with a Bye
Nicolas Montoya, Scottsdale, AZ def. Benjamin Quazzo, Chicago, IL, 3-6, 7-5, 6-3
Alexios Halebian, Glendale, CA advanced with a Bye
Ross Guignon, Prairie Village, KS def. Corey Robinson, Philadelphia, PA, 6-3, 6-
Aidan Koross, Kohler, WI advanced with a Bye
Jonathan Carcione, Franklin Lakes, NJ def. Joshua Dancu, Naples, FL, 6-4, 6-2
Jeremy Efferding(13), Lake Worth, FL advanced with a Bye
Joe Dorn, Washington, DC def. Joey Brandt, Folsom, CA, 3-6, 7-5, 6-1
Philip Nelson, Reston, VA advanced with a Bye
Daniel Ho, Los Angeles, CA def. Maxx Lipman, Nashville, TN, 6-0, 6-1
Mitchell Krueger(30), Aledo, TX advanced with a Bye
Terrell Celestine, Atlanta, GA def. Caryl Hernandez, Fullerton, CA, 6-1, 6-4
Jayabharath Billa, Folsom, CA advanced with a Bye
Bert Vancura, New Hyde Park, NY def. Eugene Oh, Alpharetta, GA, 3-6, 6-4, 7-6(5)
Jacob Jung, Upland, CA def. Boris Bogomolov, Miami, FL, 6-0, 6-2
Connor Farren, Hillsborough, CA advanced with a Bye
Mihir Kumar, Carmel, IN def. Adam Salam, Wallingford, PA, 6-0, 6-1
Keaton Cullimore(20), Sandy, UT advanced with a Bye
Damon Niquet, Waukesha, WI def. David Kelleher, Hollywood, FL, 7-5, 7-5
Hudson Barnhart, Wenatchee, WA advanced with a Bye
Austin Ansari, Greensboro, NC def. Wayne Harrell, East Windsor, CT, 6-1, 6-3
Richard Del Nunzio(9), Forest Hills, NY advanced with a Bye
Alex Lawson, Tempe, AZ def. Andrew Mayer, Scottsdale, AZ, 6-1, 6-2
Austin Smith, Cumming, GA advanced with a Bye
Quinton Vega, Brooklyn, NY def. Mac Styslinger, Birmingham, AL, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2
Morgan Mays(21), Longboat Key, FL advanced with a Bye
Andrew Streeter, Beverly Hills, MI def. Andrew Scheiner, New York City, NY, 7-5,
6-1
Justin Carter, Pikesville, MD advanced with a Bye
Andrew Korinek, Mansfield, TX def. Harrison Smith, Knoxville, TN, 6-1, 6-3
Dennis Mkrtchian(6), Reseda, CA advanced with a Bye
Luke Synn, Conover, NC def. David Weiner, Houston, TX, 7-5, 6-1
Jeffrey Hawke, Rolling Hills Estates, CA advanced with a Bye
Andrew Pecht, Hyattsville, MD def. Eric Frueh, Rochester, MN, 6-0, 6-3
Ashok Narayana(26), Houston, TX advanced with a Bye
Andrew Scholnick, Winnetka, IL def. Brendan Aguilar, Las Vegas, NV, 5-7, 6-4, 6-
Andrew Malozsak, Woodside, CA advanced with a Bye
Howard Weiss, Great Neck, NY def. Jacob Behal, Simpsonville, SC, 6-0, 6-1
Jose Martinez(15), Houston, TX advanced with a Bye
Alex Aleman, Cuyahoga Falls, OH def. Mitchell Polnet, Churchville, PA, 7-6(5),
6-2
Eiichiro Okuyama, North Potomac, MD advanced with a Bye
William Spector, Weston, MA def. Alexander Friedlich, Great Neck, NY, 6-3, 6-1
Vikram Hundal(32), Alpharetta, GA advanced with a Bye
Eric Johnson, San Jose, CA def. Evan McElwain, Tulsa, OK, 6-2, 6-1
Kyle Berman, Armonk, NY advanced with a Bye
Reo Asami, Irvine, CA def. Brett Clark, Naples, FL, 6-0, 6-1
Jackson Withrow(4), Omaha, NE advanced with a Bye
Michael Redlicki, Hawthorn Woods, IL def. Edwin Zhang, Falls Church, VA, 6-4, 7-
6(7)
Garrett Patton, Boise, ID advanced with a Bye
Alex Scheinman, Los Angeles, CA def. Jordan Daigle, Lafayette, LA, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
Andrew Adams(17), South Richmond Hill, NY advanced with a Bye
Michael Guzman, Napa, CA def. Jonathan Cypers, Chappaqua, NY, 6-7(4), 6-5
Ret(inj)
Andrew Gores, Charlotte, NC advanced with a Bye
Austin Woldmoe, Fortville, IN def. Victor Marcial, San Juan, PR, 6-1, 6-1
Spencer Simon(12), Santa Barbara, CA advanced with a Bye
Andrew Goodwin, Alpharetta, GA def. Kevin Chu, Potomac, MD, 6-4, 6-0
Jordan Kaufman, Armonk, NY advanced with a Bye
Anthony Delcore, Omaha, NE def. Jack Hamburg, Rapid City, SD, 6-7(3), 7-6(4), 6-
Robbie Mudge(24), Winston-Salem, NC advanced with a Bye
Daniel Hirschberg, Westport, CT def. Travis Tu, Arcadia, CA, 7-5, 6-3
Roy Lederman, Golden Beach, FL def. ,
Tanner Brown, New Braunfels, TX def. Calvin Mark, Union City, CA, 7-6(4), 6-2
Gonzales Austin(8), Miami, FL advanced with a Bye
Kyle Koch, Irmo, SC def. Andrew Prince, Hastings-On-Hudson, NY, 6-4, 7-5
Nolan Marks, Chagrin Falls, OH advanced with a Bye
Jason Luu, Fairfax, VA def. Warren Wood, Del Mar, CA, 6-4, 7-6(3)
Shaun Chaudhuri(28), Pleasanton, CA advanced with a Bye
Ryan Smith, Weston, FL def. Becker O'Shaughnessey, Macon, GA, 3-6, 7-6(3), 6-4
Joseph Dube, Livonia, MI advanced with a Bye
Stefan Woog, Lakeland, TN def. Karthik Dhore, Monte Sereno, CA, 6-3, 6-3
Hunter Callahan(14), Lower Gwynedd, PA advanced with a Bye
Blake Wiggins, Frisco, TX def. Samuel Todd, Encinitas, CA, 0-6, 6-2, 6-2
Zach McCourt, Sunrise, FL advanced with a Bye
Jeremy Court, New Rochelle, NY def. Noah Joachim, Sparta, NJ, 6-7(3), 7-6(4), 6-
Dane Webb(29), Richardson, TX advanced with a Bye
Christopher Haworth, Oklahoma City, OK def. Chas Okamoto, Princeville, HI, 6-3,
6-2
Anton Kovrigin, Rockville, MD advanced with a Bye
John Pearce, Provo, UT def. Tim Kopinski, Palos Hills, IL, 6-4, 7-5
Shane Vinsant(2), Keller, TX advanced with a Bye

Mike Keenan
269-381-2487

USTA Results courtesy
Charter Communications

im digging my loss

Fedace
08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
^^^Which one is you ???

And Dennis LIN and his KUNFU tennis Dominates once again.....Watch out, NEW force in tennis has arrived...

kctennis1005
08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
^^^Which one is you ???

And Dennis LIN and his KUNFU tennis Dominates once again.....Watch out, NEW force in tennis has arrived...

dude fedace thats borderline racist.....i would watch what your saying

SoCal10s
08-09-2009, 05:54 PM

KC: miss you man,some real action already.. SoCal boy took out a Stanford elite,Kandath,who's supposed to upset Buchanan,I guess that's not happening now(as I predicted in a different post).. watched D Nguyen lose after manhandling Vick in the first set,I give Vick a lot of credit for scraping for every point.. the most entertaining match today was seeing R Noble junk the crap to dominate McCall,I'm gonna keep watching this guy for sure,I think he'll take out Thomson the same way... a surprise was J.Seal losing.. Walker K is not even close to being a Stanford quality player losing to J.Shane... plus Z.Leslie is out.. Saba looks real solid and will be hard to take down,he's gotta be one of my favs to win the whole thing..

SoCal10s
08-09-2009, 05:59 PM
im digging my loss

come on man I watched you in the 1st set ,,, how could you do that.. letting SoCal down... WTF.. fight that b!tch.. this is Kalamafreking ZOO ,not just a regular tournament man,,, do it in the back draw.. focus dude...

Michael Bluth
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Sangren was down a set and a break apparently, good fight by him.

Um, yeah, I guess picking Kandath to go deep was a bad prediction lol. I wasn't really up on his recent form, just saw from some of his results last year he had potential to be a giant-killer.

kctennis1005
08-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Sangren was down a set and a break apparently, good fight by him.

Um, yeah, I guess picking Kandath to go deep was a bad prediction lol. I wasn't really up on his recent form, just saw from some of his results last year he had potential to be a giant-killer.

Kandath did have the potential to be a giant killer but so did Yermanos, who he lost to.....Yermanos made it the the quarters of clays and has been playing out of his mind the last month of so.....idk if he can make any huge upsets but it's possible

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
lots of big upset in the boys 16s today.. high seeds from SoCal went down in flames,Dennis M.and Ace M. are out of the main draws in their 1st match... other big upset as well...

SoCalDominates
08-10-2009, 03:07 PM
lots of big upset in the boys 16s today.. high seeds from SoCal went down in flames,Dennis M.and Ace M. are out of the main draws in their 1st match... other big upset as well...

ya but Dennis hadnt played in 7 weeks because he broke his toe then they put the cast on wrong which fractured his ankle and now he has tendinitous in his ankle which is completely swollen

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 03:18 PM
ya but Dennis hadnt played in 7 weeks because he broke his toe then they put the cast on wrong which fractured his ankle and now he has tendinitous in his ankle which is completely swollen

wow,nice to know all that but it still goes down as a lost ..why is he playing the Zoo anyways if he's in that much out of shape? just stay home and let it mend and save yourself and make sure you get better without re-injury.. bad move on his part IMO..

SoCalDominates
08-10-2009, 03:20 PM
wow,nice to know all that but it still goes down as a lost ..why is he playing the Zoo anyways if he's in that much out of shape? just stay home and let it mend and save yourself and make sure you get better without re-injury.. bad move on his part IMO..

As he said, Its Kalamazoo he had to go. and he W/D from Back or he is going to according to him

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
As he said, Its Kalamazoo he had to go. and he W/D from Back or he is going to according to him

man,he's carrying a lot of resposibility on his shoulder.. he's supposed to be representing USA in the Jr. tennis and I he's supposed to be a USTA kid and why can't USTA give him better advice than to play hurt like this and risk permanate injury? something real stupid is going on here..

SoCalDominates
08-10-2009, 05:41 PM
SoCal is not doing too good at the zoo especially in 16s

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
SoCal is not doing too good at the zoo especially in 16s

yeah man we've had a suck summer so far,lost the intersctionals 16,lost the davis cup 18 team(won like 6 repeats or something like that).. and now the K-Zoo 16s.. 18s boys are still hanging in there for now,exept for Leslie and DN..

Michael Bluth
08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
One of Norcal's two seeds in the 16s, Shaun Chaudhuri, got knocked out, as did Connor Farren, who I thought had potential to be a dangerous floater.

Our other seed, Tsodikov, is still alive.

mtommer
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, they aren't top seeds but....

I watched the Kovrigin/Haworth and Boyer/Steer 16's matches.

Kovrigin has a heck of serve but missed a lot of first serves. Haworth did a great job of picking up those serves he did get in and hitting some penetrating returns. Haworth hit some great winners but overall it was his ability to return the ball consistently with great run downs that won him the match.

Boyer did a great job of bouncing between pusher and striker and forced Steer to keep hitting one more and Steer was impatient and kept over hitting. This is amusing, all through the match I had to listen to Steer's coach or father go on about how Steer had to get aggresive, hit low and move up on Boyer (due to his pushing). At one point the guy actually got a warning from the Kovrigin/Haworth match umpire: "Spectators are to refrain from coaching" (I don't know if he thought is was for the match he was umping or not) when the guy said loudly "Attack the ball"! I thought it was interesting because the coach was deriding Boyer for the pushing yet I could tell Boyer was doing it strategically. The last match Boyer got aggressive and took the last few games from Steer pretty easily. Boyer had some absolutely great deep corner gets and Steer was getting pretty flustered out there when he didn't hit winners it seems he's used to getting.

Hats off to all the players though!!!

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
K-Zoo is tough ... and a lot of these kids can't handle the pressures ...plus a lot of "bad boys" can't be bad boys so they lose.. it's a great place to see USA Jr. tennis,good ,bad or otherwise ,this is like pure USA Jr. tennis .. a lot of college scouts here too..

tennismom42
08-10-2009, 07:27 PM
A lot of them can't handle the heat & humidity either! I haven't seen so many cramp-outs, illness/injury outs since 2007 clay courts. This is a talent-killing ground. The yellow shirts don't even get to sit down before they're called out to another court.

No more rain in the forecast, so "fry baby, fry." However today's forecast was 50% rain & it was a perfect day. Go figure!

My kid is out as of this PM. Boo hoo! I've really enjoyed attending these tournaments & watching so much quality tennis over the years. It's been a great journey. Now I get to kick him out the door & off to college tennis.

I would have liked to have met SoCal10is. Do you know Dave, they guy who's traveling with a group of the So. Cal kids? I thought you were him.

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
A lot of them can't handle the heat & humidity either! I haven't seen so many cramp-outs, illness/injury outs since 2007 clay courts. This is a talent-killing ground. The yellow shirts don't even get to sit down before they're called out to another court.

No more rain in the forecast, so "fry baby, fry." However today's forecast was 50% rain & it was a perfect day. Go figure!

My kid is out as of this PM. Boo hoo! I've really enjoyed attending these tournaments & watching so much quality tennis over the years. It's been a great journey. Now I get to kick him out the door & off to college tennis.

I would have liked to have met SoCal10is. Do you know Dave, they guy who's traveling with a group of the So. Cal kids? I thought you were him.

yes I do,I think I pass you by at the stringer's tent 2 days ago,but I was in a hurry because my kid was going on the court for practice.. then it poured .. I'll be there tomorrow early AM .. tell me if you are at Stowe,I'll look for you.. best of luck to your kid and on your new ride Coop...

mtommer
08-10-2009, 07:37 PM

I was so annoyed that it ended up being such a good day because I left my tennis gear at home thinking I wouldn't be able to play. Ugghhh, big mistake! Usually forecasts of 50% and above end up being pretty accurate.

That's too bad. I hope you and he (and any other members from your party) had/are having a great time though.

tennismom42
08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I am up to my eyeballs in Blueberries!

I use to like blueberries. I've had blueberry custard pie, blueberry muffins, blueberries in my cereal, blueberry juice, blueberry cobbler, blueberries & cream and the never-ending snack bowl of blue berries.

I am relenting to buy the 10# box tomorrow & take it on the plane. I'll share with relatives.

BTW, I take great issue with the chain-saw team cutting down trees down by WMU court 4 this AM. That was rediculous! Perhaps you could tell someone to coordinate that better in the future? It was a little disconcerting for the kids. They couldn't hear the ball & the crack & thunder of those big trees coming down. Whew!

SoCal10s
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I am up to my eyeballs in Blueberries!

I use to like blueberries. I've had blueberry custard pie, blueberry muffins, blueberries in my cereal, blueberry juice, blueberry cobbler, blueberries & cream and the never-ending snack bowl of blue berries.

I am relenting to buy the 10# box tomorrow & take it on the plane. I'll share with relatives.

BTW, I take great issue with the chain-saw team cutting down trees down by WMU court 4 this AM. That was rediculous! Perhaps you could tell someone to coordinate that better in the future? It was a little disconcerting for the kids. They couldn't hear the ball & the crack & thunder of those big trees coming down. Whew!

nice ride for you miss Coop.. I have 2 more years myself and I intend to enjoy every minute of what K-Zoo has to offer.. time sure flys by and then they all go to college and it's a kind of mixed feelings about tennis and growing up and all... I'm sure it was all worth the while... he's a good kid and college will make him that much better..

tennismom42
08-11-2009, 07:59 AM
SoCal10is:

Dang, I didn't check this until noon! We are going to swing by Stowe, I hope, to watch & take pictures. If you see me, say something. Apparently you've figured me out. I don't know who you are still. Does my son know you? How would he remember you? Then he can point you out to me?

Good luck!

Michael Bluth
08-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Upsets continue- Ore is knocked out.

Damn, I picked Kandath and Ore to be the matchup in that quarterfinal, got that pretty wrong.

SoCalDominates
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Upsets continue- Ore is knocked out.

Damn, I picked Kandath and Ore to be the matchup in that quarterfinal, got that pretty wrong.

Well Im out of the tourny but what a tourny it is. Plenty of motivation to train to get back next year. It is my favorite tournament by far. I put one word on my wall last year and looked at it everyday as motivation to go from 500 in the nation to where I am now and will do the same now. One word: Kalamazoo

SoCal10s
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Well Im out of the tourny but what a tourny it is. Plenty of motivation to train to get back next year. It is my favorite tournament by far. I put one word on my wall last year and looked at it everyday as motivation to go from 500 in the nation to where I am now and will do the same now. One word: Kalamazoo

good luck to you and I hope to see you next year too at the Zoo.. same time ,same place... you should get to know some of the Ivy League coaches ,they are looking for guys like you... someone who is middle high rankings and can do well in the Ivy school and play tennis at the same time.. they will not offer a tennis scholarship ,but will find you grants that you won't have to pay back...

my boy is still in so I have at least a couple more days here at the Zoo.. cya..

Michael Bluth
08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
No. 2 seed Vinsant knocked out of the 16s.

10isplayer
08-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah Vinsant losing 2,2 to Webb was a huge shock to me. I thought it would be a good match but I didn't expect it to go Webb's way and that easily. Also Fratangelo wiped up the floor with Egger 4,1.

In the 18s Domijian lost 76 46 76 to Kevin King, a very good player, who split with Ryan Harrison last year in the same round.

10isplayer
08-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Also another surprising result today had Justin Shane beating Evan King 57 63 75. This is probably the best win for Shane in his career and lets see how he follows it up.

I'm sure that Bilbo will be very happy.

mtommer
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow! Domijan is out! King played such a great match and had some awesome defensive wideout digs to keep himself in points. He absolutely won that match (versus Domijan giving it away).

TennisLover17
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow. Whatta day of upsets.

GS
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
What, no love for the Girls National 18's, going on right now in Berkeley, CA?
Lots of great hitters from all around the country, of course. I gladly gave up my court alittle early today to let some warm up.
Last year, out of about 200 of em, only 1 played with a one-handed backhand, but that's not surprising, I guess.

Michael Bluth
08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow, some totally unexpected developments today. I thought E. King might go out early but I didn't think Shane would be the one to do it.

The bottom half of the 16s draw is wide open now, I could see a number of guys get through to the final.

Kudla's got to be loving this, his two strongest rivals in his half out in the same day. He himself got rid of the dangerous Sundling easily, which bodes well. I'm liking his chances now that Domijan is out.

Something that may have been overlooked is how Hovhannisyan destroyed Frank today. He has been in great form and his match next round against Cox should be an epic.

ABBtennis
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow, what a day. Kevin King is a great player but I definitely wasn't expecting that. This is about to get really interesting.

kctennis1005
08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
good luck to you and I hope to see you next year too at the Zoo.. same time ,same place... you should get to know some of the Ivy League coaches ,they are looking for guys like you... someone who is middle high rankings and can do well in the Ivy school and play tennis at the same time.. they will not offer a tennis scholarship ,but will find you grants that you won't have to pay back...

my boy is still in so I have at least a couple more days here at the Zoo.. cya..

i agree......im def gonna tell my coach to watch for him

OleNole
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Sarmiento has pretty quietly advanced to the 5th round without playing a close match. He's my favorite in that quarter.
Buchanan has put up really strong results, but not being there its tough to know how he's playing. As a fellow New Englander, I was rooting for Christo Schultz but Chase is a bad matchup for him IMO. Right now I'd predict Buchanan over Saba in the final, but who knows? I've felt since the draws came out Kosakowski could be a sleeper with Kandath out of form and not knowing how CB was playing.

OleNole
08-12-2009, 05:18 PM
In the 16s I'm still looking forward to the defacto final between Sock and Giron in the semis. I guess Fratangelo could get there too based on the way he beat Egger.
The way Sock's draw has opened up (he'll only have to play 1 top 16 seed to get to the final, and maybe to win the whole thing depending on how the bottom half breaks) he's got to be glad he stayed in the 16s instead of playing the 18s.

Fedace
08-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I think there is some kind of Error in score results. It saids Dennis Lin lost. This is not possible. He was supposed to win this tournament and send a statement to the rest of NCAA.

Fedace
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
USTA Boys' 18 & 16 2009
National Championships
Kalamazoo, MI

4th Rd of 18 Singles

Kevin King(19), Peachtree Cty, GA def. Alexander Domijan(1), Wesley Chapel, FL,
6-7(2), 6-4, 7-6(2)
S.C. Bangoura(22), Bradenton, FL def. Benjamin Chen, Spring, TX, 6-4, 6-4
Justin Shane(25), Falls Church, VA def. Evan King(5), Chicago, IL, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5
Raymond Sarmiento(13), Fontana, CA def. Nelson Vick, Grafton, WI, 7-6(9), 6-1
Denis Kudla(3), Arlington, VA def. JT Sundling(17), Thousand Oaks, CA, 6-4, 6-1
Clarke Spinosa, Claremont, CA def. Sidarth Balaji, Fairfax, VA, 6-4, 6-4
Ryan Lipman(8), Nashville, TN def. Ryan Noble, Fayetteville, NC, 6-3, 6-0
Frederick Saba(16), Fort Lauderdale, FL def. Gregory Andrews(30), Richland, MI,
6-2, 6-2
Mousheg Hovhannisyan, North Hollywood, CA def. Mitchell Frank(10), Annandale,
VA, 6-1, 6-3
Jordan Cox(6), Duluth, GA def. Lawrence Formentera(23), Colton, CA, 6-2, 6-3
Bob van Overbeek(14), Boca Raton, FL def. Denis Lin(28), Thousand Oaks, CA, 7-
6(5), 6-4
Tennys Sandgren(4), Gallatin, TN def. Sean Berman(31), Irvine, CA, 6-3, 6-2
Frank Carleton, Naples, FL def. Devin McCarthy, Cincinnati, OH, 6-1, 6-2
Jarmere Jenkins(7), College Park, GA def. Connor Smith(21), Tampa, FL, 6-1, 6-1
Daniel Kosakowski(26), Downey, CA def. Joseph Schafer, Orchard Park, NY, 6-1, 6-
Chase Buchanan(2), New Albany, OH def. Christian Schultz(29), Sudbury, MA, 6-2,
6-2

Fedace
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Who the heck is Bob Van Overbeek ?????

mtommer
08-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I think there is some kind of Error in score results. It saids Dennis Lin lost. This is not possible. He was supposed to win this tournament and send a statement to the rest of NCAA.

But what a match it was. There were a lot of nice and long rallies in that match. 'Beek had a heckuv a serve too.

mtommer
08-12-2009, 07:12 PM
And Andrews is out thanks to Sobo. Watching the first and beginning of the second set I doubted he could win. He was just overpowered. Still, it's a great showing for the Kalamazoo area native.

SoCal10s
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Who the heck is Bob Van Overbeek ?????

he's an academy kid.. travels the ITF curcuit...

kctennis1005
08-12-2009, 09:12 PM
bob is a good player

SoCal10s
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I've watched a ton of matches in the past few days and a bunch of decent players,all in all,I can't say if anyone here will be the next American pro.. there are a few who might make a good run but I don't see a top teir guy here. If any one I favor is a crazy kid that has a fat around his waist instead of a 6pack.. A.Butz.. he has some explosive power but needs to drop a few(10 or 20)lbs.or turn those few lbs into mussle mass .. most everyone here who are winning are playing more like clay court players,with a few exceptions... the 16's looks really weak compared to years past.. Cox,Socks,Vincent,and a lot of high profile guys here,IMO, are just headed for college tennis.. a few young ones I like are Kruger,Guignon,and Halbians,but they still have a long way to develop yet..
at times it's a bit sad to see these young boys dedicate so much time and effort into tennis without building a future..meaning some of these kids are going to college without having done anything in high school to prepare them for college and the future.. a lot of these colleges will just re-cruit you and have you win for them and all you have after 4 years is a thank you..
home schooled and academy kids thinking they have a chance in the pros,sort of sad.. just like that documentary they made a few years ago here.. called "" unstrung"".. that's the other side of Kalamazoo..

Fedace
08-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Who is this Kevin King kid ??? He just upset the #1 seed. Is he related to Vania King ?

tennismom42
08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I've watched a ton of matches in the past few days and a bunch of decent players,all in all,I can't say if anyone here will be the next American pro.. there are a few who might make a good run but I don't see a top teir guy here. If any one I favor is a crazy kid that has a fat around his waist instead of a 6pack.. A.Butz.. he has some explosive power but needs to drop a few(10 or 20)lbs.or turn those few lbs into mussle mass .. most everyone here who are winning are playing more like clay court players,with a few exceptions... the 16's looks really weak compared to years past.. Cox,Socks,Vincent,and a lot of high profile guys here,IMO, are just headed for college tennis.. a few young ones I like are Kruger,Guignon,and Halbians,but they still have a long way to develop yet..
at times it's a bit sad to see these young boys dedicate so much time and effort into tennis without building a future..meaning some of these kids are going to college without having done anything in high school to prepare them for college and the future.. a lot of these colleges will just re-cruit you and have you win for them and all you have after 4 years is a thank you..
home schooled and academy kids thinking they have a chance in the pros,sort of sad.. just like that documentary they made a few years ago here.. called "" unstrung"".. that's the other side of Kalamazoo..Of the 8 years on this journey, I would say Guignon was the poorest loser I've ever seen -- down right violent. I've seen hundreds of matches where kids were very disappointed because they lost matches they felt they should have won. But never have I seen such a bratty poor sport as Guignon. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Just look at the dad & you'd know where the kid gets it. It IS sad that many of these kids & parents define themselves by tennis. G. is young. Hopefully he'll out grow it.

ABBtennis
08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I think a few of you are overrating Saba at this point :lol:

Michael Bluth
08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
So much for Saba winning the tournament, Lipman dismissed him.

How about Hovhannisyan though? He is really on fire, just beat Cox.

mrmo1115
08-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Just curious if anyone may know, whether Kevin King is using the 320 or 325 Tecnifibre?

mtommer
08-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Just curious if anyone may know, whether Kevin King is using the 320 or 325 Tecnifibre?

I know it's red and black. I can't tell you much beyond that right now.

mrmo1115
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Alright, my friend who knows a ton bout racquets said its probably a 325.

Michael Bluth
08-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Damn, Sangren's out too, to Van Overbeek.

Quarterfinals in the 18s are set:

King vs Sarmiento
Lipman vs Kudla
Van Overbeek vs Hovhannisyan
Buchanan vs Jenkins

tennisgreat755
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
did shane vinsant lose again?

SoCal10s
08-13-2009, 04:08 PM
did shane vinsant lose again?

yes he lost in the back draw to little Anthony,from NorCal... Vinsant is supposed to represent the USA with Dennis M. who lost first round,the other guy I think is Efferding who also lost early... what do you think is gonna happen this year ? I'm say same results as the 14s boys.. 1st round adios...

Fedace
08-14-2009, 04:57 AM
When are going to EVER get a LIVE video cam that works ? 1 Cam that they have a delay to it and it is worse than not having it at all.

Michael Bluth
08-14-2009, 07:44 AM
home schooled and academy kids thinking they have a chance in the pros,sort of sad.. just like that documentary they made a few years ago here.. called "" unstrung"".. that's the other side of Kalamazoo..

I have a question, when you say they are playing like clay court players, is that meant as a good thing or a bad thing.

Bilbo
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Also another surprising result today had Justin Shane beating Evan King 57 63 75. This is probably the best win for Shane in his career and lets see how he follows it up.

I'm sure that Bilbo will be very happy.

I told ya'll that Justin is the truth:). I was ****ed off that he lost the next round 6-4, 6-1 tho... especially with his serve:confused:.

But, remember, this kid is only 17... he's got 1 more year at kalamazoo, and i think he has a realistic chance to win it. At 6-5 and 160 he's gonna fill out and be perfect for the pro tour. Can i predict top 10? Hell no! But i kno he's gonna go far. His serve and volley skills guarantee that. But, until then, i guess ive gotta hope Jarmere can win this year's 18's draw...

Damn! Why did Justin have to go ouuuttt!!!:cry:

Michael Bluth
08-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow, the upsets just do not stop.

Lipman destroys Kudla and Hovhannisyan's giant-killing run continues with his win over Van Overbeek.

Fedace
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
USTA Boys' 18 & 16 2009
National Championships
Kalamazoo, MI

Quarter Final Rd of 16 Singles

Jack Sock(1), Lincoln, NE def. Nick Chappell, Indianapolis, IN, 6-0, 6-1
Bjorn Fratangelo(3), Pittsburgh, PA def. Marcos Giron(7), Thousand Oaks, CA, 6-
4, 6-4
Jackson Withrow(4), Omaha, NE def. Morgan Mays(21), Longboat Key, FL, 4-6, 6-3,
6-3
Gonzales Austin(8), Miami, FL def. Dane Webb(29), Richardson, TX, 7-5, 1-6, 6-2

Quarter Final Rd of 18 Singles

Raymond Sarmiento(13), Fontana, CA def. Kevin King(19), Peachtree Cty, GA, 6-4,
3-6, 7-5
Ryan Lipman(8), Nashville, TN def. Denis Kudla(3), Arlington, VA, 6-4, 6-0
Mousheg Hovhannisyan, North Hollywood, CA def. Bob van Overbeek(14), Boca Raton,
FL, 6-2, 6-7(3), 6-3
Chase Buchanan(2), New Albany, OH def. Jarmere Jenkins(7), College Park, GA, 6-
3, 6-3

Quarter Final Qualifying Rd of 16 FeedIns

Alexander Petrone, Staten Island, NY def. Michael Rinaldi, Palm City, FL, 6-1,
6-2
Robert Stineman, Winnetka, IL def. Daniel Ho, Los Angeles, CA, 6-0, 6-4
Zach McCourt, Sunrise, FL def. Asika Isoh(19), Cambria Heights, NY, 4-6, 7-5, 6-
Nolan Paige(23), Fairfield, CT def. Mitchell Krueger(30), Aledo, TX, 7-6(8), 6-1

Quarter Final Qualifying Rd of 18 FeedIns

S.C. Bangoura(22), Bradenton, FL def. Matthew Kandath(15), Gansevoort, NY, 6-4,
6-7(3), 6-4
David Holiner, Dallas, TX def. Frederick Saba(16), Fort Lauderdale, FL, 6-4, 6-2
Tennys Sandgren(4), Gallatin, TN def. Benjamin Chen, Spring, TX, 6-4, 6-1
Daniel Kosakowski(26), Downey, CA def. Frank Carleton, Naples, FL, 4-6, 6-2, 6-3

Semi Final Rd of 16 Doubles

Nick Chappell(15), Indianapolis, IN and Marcos Giron(15), Thousand Oaks, CA def.
Tyler Gardiner(9), Novi, MI and Alexios Halebian(9), Glendale, CA, 6-1, 6-3
Emmett Egger(2), Issaquah, WA and Shane Vinsant(2), Keller, TX def. Ashok
Narayana(13), Houston, TX and Michael Riechmann(13), Houston, TX, 6-2, 6-0

Mike Keenan
269-381-2487

USTA Results courtesy
Charter Communications

onehandbh
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
At 6-5 and 160 he's gonna fill out and be perfect for the pro tour.
Damn! Why did Justin have to go ouuuttt!!!:cry:

6'5" and 160? Sounds like he's built like Rupaul.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=rupaul&aq=f&aqi=g10&fp=82e34627c46f57f4

Bilbo
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
6'5" and 160? Sounds like he's built like Rupaul.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=rupaul&aq=f&aqi=g10&fp=82e34627c46f57f4

lol, yeah, the guy's rail thin... but his groundstrokes are as powerful as ne1's in the game. He's kind of like a thin Sam querrey that can volley. The guy definently has a bright future ahead of him.

Michael Bluth
08-15-2009, 12:27 PM
So it'll be Buchanan against Lipman for the title and the wildcard.

Buchanan's been in devastating form this whole tournament, if he keeps that up he should win.

SoCal10s
08-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Lipman,Ryan (8.) vs.Buchanan,Chase (2) for the 18s finals...

Sock,Jack (1) vs.Austin,Gonzales (8.) for the 16s ...

so many upsets and surprises it all ends tomorrow ...

mtommer
08-15-2009, 10:44 PM
The 16's championship doubles match was pretty lopsided. The 18's cham. doubles match was better but the top seeds pulled it out. It was fun to watch. Although I still don't like doubles much I have learned a thing or two about how to play doubles better after watching all the matches this year.

And on another positive note I finally broke into the triple digits practicing serves tonight. I've been trying to do this for the last three nights. I didn't think I would do it because of how off the guns are this year.(Yea, yea, it's not as good as the players are putting up but I'm happy. For me it's a goal reached.) :mrgreen:

Michael Bluth
08-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Gonzalez beats Sock 3-6, 7-5, 6-0!

mrmo1115
08-16-2009, 11:11 AM
WOW!!!! The king of the USTA has been dethroned. Finally Sock loses

Also can anyone confirm that Sock has switched to the Pure Storm Tour ? It seems like it , but not sure , I knew he used to use the LTD

babolat15
08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
does anyone know the score in the lipman match

SoCal10s
08-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Gonzalez beats Sock 3-6, 7-5, 6-0!

another surprise upset,I bet Sock was hurt or something ,,, Austin went 3 sets for the last 5 matches,this kid deserves the championship...

Ace Boon
08-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I wonder how Sock lost the third set?

Fred
08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Buchanan over Lipman 6-2, 6-3, 6-4.

Michael Bluth
08-16-2009, 01:19 PM
He's impressed this whole tournament, a well deserved title.

Good luck at the Open Chase, and good luck in qualies Ryan!

10isplayer
08-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Sock over course starts feeling sick when he gets down 6-5 in the 2nd set.

SoCalDominates
08-16-2009, 07:32 PM
http://ustaboys.com/?c=player_profile&m=profile&tyear=2009&id=53

last year gonzales austin got rounded losing to two non seeds. this year he won it. talk about improvement

SoCal10s
08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
http://ustaboys.com/?c=player_profile&m=profile&tyear=2009&id=53

last year gonzales austin got rounded losing to two non seeds. this year he won it. talk about improvement

wow.big improvement indeed.. your friend DF beat him last year and this year DF got zero singles points he should have done real well,I warned you guys about the burn out.. too bad learn from it for next year...

mtommer
08-16-2009, 09:54 PM
wow.big improvement indeed.. your friend DF beat him last year and this year DF got zero singles points he should have done real well,I warned you guys about the burn out.. too bad learn from it for next year...

Gonzalez played all right but Sock had a lot of double faults as well as many missed first serves. Mostly Gonzalez did what he needed to do to stay in the rallies, occasionally hitting an outright winner, but mostly just being consistent. In the first set Sock was pulling amazing drop shots and also hitting the occasional (although more than Gonzalez) winner. Sock claimed he wasn't feeling well....maybe....it's hard to say whether he self destructed or genuinely didn't feel well.

Buchanan clearly showed his experience of playing for OS and being exposed to players better than him and at his level on a more regular basis. He played a smart game of staying in rallies until he had a ball he liked and then unloading on it, often times for a clear winner.

stanfordtennis alum
08-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Gonzalez played all right but Sock had a lot of double faults as well as many missed first serves. Mostly Gonzalez did what he needed to do to stay in the rallies, occasionally hitting an outright winner, but mostly just being consistent. In the first set Sock was pulling amazing drop shots and also hitting the occasional (although more than Gonzalez) winner. Sock claimed he wasn't feeling well....maybe....it's hard to say whether he self destructed or genuinely didn't feel well.

Buchanan clearly showed his experience of playing for OS and being exposed to players better than him and at his level on a more regular basis. He played a smart game of staying in rallies until he had a ball he liked and then unloading on it, often times for a clear winner.

good to see gonzales austin pick up such a big W.. also great to see another player who has been using the pro supex big ace strings and has had good results...here is the link to the reference: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Dania-Beach-FL/The-Tennis-Depot/104858167536?ref=ts

tennismom42
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
WOW!!!! The king of the USTA has been dethroned. Finally Sock loses

Also can anyone confirm that Sock has switched to the Pure Storm Tour ? It seems like it , but not sure , I knew he used to use the LTD and Sock beat A. Gonzalez the week prior at the National Team Championship. ??? But that was 3 sets too.

tennismom42
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Sock over course starts feeling sick when he gets down 6-5 in the 2nd set.

Be careful! This sounds like player-hater crap. I've known Jack for years. He is a competitor through & through.

As I stated many times this past week, the k-zoo was a competitor killing field this year with tons of cramps outs, rolled ankles, heat stroke. At that level, all it takes is a little bit of bad food, some stress, one routine that wasn't kept..... The competition is just too close.

SoCal10s
08-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Be careful! This sounds like player-hater crap. I've known Jack for years. He is a competitor through & through.

As I stated many times this past week, the k-zoo was a competitor killing field this year with tons of cramps outs, rolled ankles, heat stroke. At that level, all it takes is a little bit of bad food, some stress, one routine that wasn't kept..... The competition is just too close.

they said he had an emergency wisdom tooth pulled out on Thursday,maybe he was on medication ,I really can't see Jack losing to Austin ..

mrmo1115
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Can't wait to see Chase play at the Open, maybe finally a K-Zoo winner can win a round !

10isplayer
08-17-2009, 05:46 PM
they said he had an emergency wisdom tooth pulled out on Thursday,maybe he was on medication ,I really can't see Jack losing to Austin ..

He had an emergency root canal not wisdom teeth removal.

chrisplchs
08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
However in the end, it should Chase Buchanan's tournament to lose. Surface suits him perfect as he is as physically strong of a tennis player there is in juniors. Also, he's no longer injured

Of course, my prediction is true. I could go and find every post touting the other players but that would not be necessary as Chase proved yall wrong.

The kid on that slow of a hard court surface is almost unbeatable in juniors when he's focused and healthy.

Fedace
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Of course, my prediction is true. I could go and find every post touting the other players but that would not be necessary as Chase proved yall wrong.

The kid on that slow of a hard court surface is almost unbeatable in juniors when he's focused and healthy.

He only won cause Dennis Lin had a off week. Dennis will kick butt of Chase next year when they play against each other.

SoCal10s
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
He only won cause Dennis Lin had a off week. Dennis will kick butt of Chase next year when they play against each other.

I like dennis lin a lot but he's had too many off weeks this past year...

Fedace
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I like dennis lin a lot but he's had too many off weeks this past year...

His Kung fu tennis cannot be beaten. Haven't you seen Crouching Tiger, Flying dragon ??

SoCal10s
08-17-2009, 09:27 PM
His Kung fu tennis cannot be beaten. Haven't you seen Crouching Tiger, Flying dragon ??

fedace: you're funny man,you're either on some heavy ***** or you're a comedian ... Crouching Tiger, Flying dragon >>it's Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ... and I know kung-fu tennis,,,I originated it..

Fedace,Fedace,Fedace,Fedace... you're my man,I can always count on you for a good laugh...

NickC
08-18-2009, 06:23 AM

It's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, you moron.

SoCal10s
08-18-2009, 06:34 AM

well deserved win at Kzoo .. he worked hard and the hard work paid off.. I saw him practicing everyday after his matches(when possible)he was out there with his Ohio coach drilling and tweeking different shots all the time..

I still don't like his cry baby attitude ,I saw him bounce a racket over the net towards his bag on the cross over because he was losing.. I also read that he got a game penalty in the finals ..

T10s747
08-18-2009, 07:33 AM

I don't remember that surface being so slow at Stowe. I do remember the lower courts at WMU being painfully slow. The worst are the slow courts in GA at the 16s National Open. It was slower than clay if that is possible.

10isplayer
08-18-2009, 10:17 AM
well deserved win at Kzoo .. he worked hard and the hard work paid off.. I saw him practicing everyday after his matches(when possible)he was out there with his Ohio coach drilling and tweeking different shots all the time..

I still don't like his cry baby attitude ,I saw him bounce a racket over the net towards his bag on the cross over because he was losing.. I also read that he got a game penalty in the finals ..

He got a game penalty for showing up late from the bathroom not because of a racket abuse or some other form of frustration. Still a little dumb haha but he played great all tourney and hopefully can have a good showing at the open.

tennismom42
08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
He got a game penalty for showing up late from the bathroom not because of a racket abuse or some other form of frustration. Still a little dumb haha but he played great all tourney and hopefully can have a good showing at the open.

Few competitors realize how that break is calculated. I think the clock starts when they ask for the bathroom break and they must be in the process of serving or receiving before time is up. Most make the mistake that they just need to be in sight or on the court.

SoCal10s
08-18-2009, 02:04 PM

ok ,well I guess #2 takes longer than #1.. haha..

tennismom42
08-18-2009, 02:20 PM

LOL...LOL.....

10isplayer
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM

Very true haha

mtommer
08-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't remember that surface being so slow at Stowe.

Two years ago Western completely demolished and rebuilt their entire lower and upper courts. This year K resurfaced the courts in late June (early July?) which is why the surface is markedly slower than what it was.

T10s747
08-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Oh, another tournament reduced to grinders' heaven. That reason and the heat/humidity explains the ton of upsets. I remember a couple of years ago Ryan Harrison upset Tyler Hockwalt on the slow WMU slower courts.

10isDad
08-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh, another tournament reduced to grinders' heaven. That reason and the heat/humidity explains the ton of upsets. I remember a couple of years ago Ryan Harrison upset Tyler Hockwalt on the slow WMU slower courts.

Upset? Hardly: Hochwalt's (note the spelling) only 'big' win was at the clay court nats when he was 16. I wouldn't call Harrison a grinder, either. He's one of the more attacking juniors out there. Granted, 2 years ago Harrison was smaller, so it might be termed an upset but I frankly don't see it as such.

Even if you take into consideration that Hochwalt was playing mostly ITF tourneys, just look at their respective ITF Junior records. Hochwalt was 18-20 in singles play while Harrison was 60-24, beating the likes of Devon Britton back around that timeframe.

SoCal10s
08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Two years ago Western completely demolished and rebuilt their entire lower and upper courts. This year K resurfaced the courts in late June (early July?) which is why the surface is markedly slower than what it was.

the courts at K zoo was med/slow but not as slow as the tennis garden in Indian Wells at the Easter Bowl.. but they were slower than the Easter Bowl main site and Carson ITF..

Oh, another tournament reduced to grinders' heaven. That reason and the heat/humidity explains the ton of upsets.
in the earlier rounds of the 18s where the heat and humidity was a factor,but after those first 2 days,the weather was real nice and cool.. so it when guys like Domjian ,Cox,ect. lost the weather was not a factor..maybe being in the high pressure situation, expecting to win on center court with everyone watching and they couldn't deliver is more likely the case..

SmAsH999
08-20-2009, 04:55 AM
congrats to chase. i'm happy to say i was proved wrong. the draw was indeed deep, and he deserved to win.

35ft6
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
How about Hovhannisyan though? He is really on fire, just beat Cox.This kid used to play at my local courts for a while. He was training at the USTA development program in Florida but I think he got dropped. I'm surprised he got this far. You can tell he's talented but figured competing in the 18's would be tough for him. Guys at the park say he's grown a few inches though. Everybody seems to have heard he's going to Pepperdine. Anyway, great tournament. Semis of singles and doubles. Nice.

And I think Chang was the last 18's winner who won a round at the US Open as a Zoo winner WC.

Michael Bluth
08-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Buchanan played Brendan Evans very close at New Haven qualies today, so maybe he'll have a chance if he gets lucky and draws a qualifier or one of the other wild cards.

BLX
11-29-2009, 03:11 PM
congrats to chase. i'm happy to say i was proved wrong. the draw was indeed deep, and he deserved to win.

the same chase who was abused by tsonga 0-6 , 2-6, 1-6 at the USO weeks later? this dude is a failure, hit the weights if you want to play with the big dawgs- bold freak Jensen USO09

Fedace
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
the same chase who was abused by tsonga 0-6 , 2-6, 1-6 at the USO weeks later? this dude is a failure,

Can't compare a Little college kid that plays #6 spot to a World class Pro that is expected to win a Slam or two. :)

T10s747
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I've seen Chase play since he was 13 and recently when he won the US Open juniors. He is a smart all court player. Surprisingly he doesn't really hit a clean ball and I don't think he has any physical weapons gor a guy 6' tall. He's a grinder and counter puncher and his 1st and 2nd serves are pathetically weak. There were rumors that he was banned for a spell a couple of years ago by the ITF for steroid use. I don't think he has a chance to be a contender in the pros but the USTA is banking on him.