PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a backup

Jessica
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't feel like getting the same racket as my back up. I'd like to mix it up a little.

Anyhow, what's a racket that's stable, topspin friendly, and smooth through the air?

Infl8edEg0
07-16-2009, 08:43 PM
If I recall correctly, you use a leaded up KPro Tour, and last time you were on a budget, yes?

SFrazeur
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Insufficient information.

-SF

federer_15
07-16-2009, 08:46 PM
The Head Microgel Monster isn't the most well known racquet but I use to play with it and it had a great feel.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-MGMON.html

Jessica
07-16-2009, 08:56 PM
If I recall correctly, you use a leaded up KPro Tour, and last time you were on a budget, yes?

yup. Money isn't as much of a factor this time though.

I'd like the back up to be in this range:
90-100 in
11.4-12.5 oz
5+ hl
315+ swing weight
62+ flex
and preferably thinner beam (not a fan of 26 mm)

oh wait let me guess... pure storm tour?

Also, what is the comparison between pure storm tour and aero storm anyway? I heard a lot of people disliked the aero storm's weight distribution and went with the pst.

canadave
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
yup. Money isn't as much of a factor this time though.

I'd like the back up to be in this range:
90-100 in
11.4-12.5 oz
5+ hl
315+ swing weight
62+ flex
and preferably thinner beam (not a fan of 26 mm)

oh wait let me guess... pure storm tour?

Also, what is the comparison between pure storm tour and aero storm anyway? I heard a lot of people disliked the aero storm's weight distribution and went with the pst.

With all those open-ended "+" signs, and such a wide weight/headsize range, that makes for a pretty wide potential selection, doesn't it? :) You're basically asking for "a player's racquet"...just about any player's racquet fits those specs, more or less. I'd think it'd be hard to select a single stick from the wide range that exist in that range. How will you choose?

Mdubb23
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Insufficient information.

-SF

Really? RDis 300 over the 100 or RQiS1 Tour? Why?

Sorry to hijack...

powerslave
07-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Demo the Volkl PB10 MP; you will love it .

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCVOLKL-VPB10M.html

Between K Blade tour,K 90 tour,K six one 95 and the Volkl PB10 the volkl is most maneuverable weighing about 12 oz and 10 points HL with 19mm thin beam construction.

I demo'd all of the above and found Volkl most easy on the arm and still having decent plough through and pop on the shots ;I guess is worthy of a backup racket.

I have heard good things about TF T fight series too but never tried one.

SFrazeur
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Really? RDis 300 over the 100 or RQiS1 Tour? Why?

Sorry to hijack...

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll post a reply in the review thread I'm working on.

-SF

fin-tennis(h)
07-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't feel like getting the same racket as my back up. I'd like to mix it up a little.

Anyhow, what's a racket that's stable, topspin friendly, and smooth through the air?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3440554&postcount=3

This is like watching an accident to happen. I've made pretty much all the mistakes "mixing it up a little" with my rackets, and was really hoping that you wouldn't have to go through the same.

If i've got it right, the main issue with uncustomized KPro Tour was the low SW, and you had to add some lead, right? If it plays fine now, pick up a second KPro Tour and lead it to match your main racquet.

If you don't like how your KPro Tour plays, why look for a backup racquet? Demo. Then switch to a racquet that you like, and buy a pair of those. Pay attention to both static weight and SW.

fin-tennis(h)
07-16-2009, 11:22 PM
To your question:

T-Fight 320 vo2max
Aero Storm Tour
Pure Storm Tour
YOUTEK Speed 16x19
RDS 002 Tour
AG 200 16x19

Some specs might be off, but these (and many others, actually) should fit pretty well.

120mphBodyServe
07-17-2009, 12:04 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3440554&postcount=3

This is like watching an accident to happen. I've made pretty much all the mistakes "mixing it up a little" with my rackets, and was really hoping that you wouldn't have to go through the same.

If i've got it right, the main issue with uncustomized KPro Tour was the low SW, and you had to add some lead, right? If it plays fine now, pick up a second KPro Tour and lead it to match your main racquet.

If you don't like how your KPro Tour plays, why look for a backup racquet? Demo. Then switch to a racquet that you like, and buy a pair of those. Pay attention to both static weight and SW.

Do not try to use different racquets. It will screw up your technique.
If you don't like what you're using, switch...
It's that simple!!!