PDA

View Full Version : lighter alternative to the ksix one tour 90?

xanger
07-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Hello
what racket do you guys recommend that plays like the kfactor ksix-one 90 tour, with similar specs, but just lighter?

Im using the ksixone 90 right now. I love it but just too heavy. Anything remotely similar but lighter?

Thanks

vndesu
07-16-2009, 11:24 PM
try looking into the asian version of the k90

fin-tennis(h)
07-16-2009, 11:29 PM
A lot of good things heard about Dunlop AG 100.

MagPro
07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I was in the same boat as you. I just got used to the weight. How about the Volkl DNX 10?

Dgpsx7
07-17-2009, 12:03 AM
I did a PJ on my K90 or non-PJ I guess and it is lighter maybe even a little too light for me.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=271653

I use a KPS88 now because I like the heft. Realistically I know you would like a lighter racket but part of the reason the K90 plays so well is because of its weight. The best thing you can do is lift weights and do pull ups. Even 5 minutes a day of this will make a big difference for you. Now that I got used to the KPS I feel I could handle it well even if it was a little heavier.

some6uy008
07-17-2009, 12:51 AM
I did a PJ on my K90 or non-PJ I guess and it is lighter maybe even a little too light for me.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=271653

I use a KPS88 now because I like the heft. Realistically I know you would like a lighter racket but part of the reason the K90 plays so well is because of its weight. The best thing you can do is lift weights and do pull ups. Even 5 minutes a day of this will make a big difference for you. Now that I got used to the KPS I feel I could handle it well even if it was a little heavier.

I stripped and repainted mine, it is now 11.8oz strung and perfect for me. Not as headlight anymore, but still great. Too bad your K90 is too light for you to play with now, it looks super awesome

Dgpsx7
07-17-2009, 05:16 AM
I stripped and repainted mine, it is now 11.8oz strung and perfect for me. Not as headlight anymore, but still great. Too bad your K90 is too light for you to play with now, it looks super awesome

Thanx, I'm just so used to the KPS now. It still plays amazing and it is even a little more headlight. I was thinking of adding a few more clear coats to it to make it heavier. I just don't want to mess up how it looks and I won't use lead.

prosealster
07-17-2009, 05:21 AM
asian k90 is the closest light version of that stick

sunshineCK
07-17-2009, 05:23 AM
I had this dilemma after trying switching to the K90 after using the Pro Staff tour 90 for years- the weight of the PS90 is similar, but the swingweight seems lower, so I'm switching back. my wrist/forearm will thank me. :)

Barricade V
07-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Hello
what racket do you guys recommend that plays like the kfactor ksix-one 90 tour, with similar specs, but just lighter?

Im using the ksixone 90 right now. I love it but just too heavy. Anything remotely similar but lighter?

Thanks

I had the same problem I loved the ksix one 90 but it was too heavy. I looked into other alternatives. I tried out extensively the head prestige, yonex rds 001, dunlop aerogel 100, the babolat pure storm tour, and the entire ksix one series.

1) The head prestige was very close to the k90. I loved this racquet. It had a slightly bigger head size of 93, and the weight was I believe around a half an ounce lighter. I could get consistent pace and power off that racquet. All around great racquet. I recommend this.

2) I initially bought two yonex rds 001's off talk tennis for a really good deal without bothering to demo them. What a mistake. Extremely crisp, these had no feel compared to the k90. If your looking for the k90 feel, this is not the one. Very very low power and it was hard to generate pace of this. I could not find any consistent depth of this. Volleys were great though. Do not recommend.

3) The dunlop aerogel 100 racquet I borrowed for three days from a friend of mine. It was so bad I thought it was a fake. (I later confirmed it wasn't). After the first day of using it, I concluded I would never use it again. I initially tried it out because of the comments on tw which were comparing it to the k90. The power level was way too low, and the control was just as bad as the pure drive. Volleys weren't great, in fact there was nothing about the racquet that I liked. This was my least favorite of all of them. Do not recommend.

4) I demoed all five of the ksix one series, four from the tw program. Out of those five I was completely drawn to the ksix one tour, even though it was too heavy. That aside, my other favorite was the ksix one 95 18 by 20. It had the control of the k90 without compromising on the power. I loved that racquet. The ksix one 95 16 by 18 was just a little bit worse than the 18 by 20. The 18 by 20 had much more feel and control, but the power was the same. To me the only added benefit was the extra spin I was able to add. The ksix one 95 X was the same as the 16 by 18 but less of everything (besides power). Finally the team version didn't feel like anything else. Overall I recommend the ksix one 95 18 by 20.

5) The Babolat Pure storm was my favorite of them all. I liked it so much that I switched to it from the k90. I didn't think a racquet like it existed when I bought the k90. When I bought the k90 I didn't think there was a racquet with a bigger head size and lighter weight with the same amount of control and feel. Turns out there was. It has the same feel and control with tons more power. I was able to generate my own power and really take the offensive side in matches. Everything matched or was better than the k90 except it was in a more practical head size and weight.

Obviously from the 8 racquets that I thought were similar to the k90, you would be best of demoing the pure storm, followed by the head prestige.

srvnvly
07-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Is there an Asian K95?

Barricade V
07-17-2009, 08:03 AM
no i think just asian k90. there would be no point to an asian k95 as there is an ksix one 95 team.

NovakWannabe
07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, there were Asian K90s and K95s as well as Asian n90s and n95s. I believe the first Asian model that was introduced was the Asian PS90, right BP?

some6uy008
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't understand why they just won't sell both versions here in the U.S. and vice versa

xanger
07-17-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks everyone and barricade v for the detailed explanation.
i've already ordered a dunlop aerogel 100 because of the great customer feedback it received.

Hopefully I will like it more than you did BarricadeV.
If not, I will try to add some lead tape around the head to get more power/stability
IM REALLY HOPPING I've MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE

nn
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
thanks everyone and barricade v for the detailed explanation.
i've already ordered a dunlop aerogel 100 because of the great customer feedback it received.

Hopefully I will like it more than you did BarricadeV.
If not, I will try to add some lead tape around the head to get more power/stability
IM REALLY HOPPING I've MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE

yes you did the right choice.

I had K90 & weight was the reason I was looking for something similar but lighter.

Even during brief demo I hated AG100 and reasons were very obvious because of string and original grip.

You have to replace it with leather grip which will make racquet close to 12oz with overgrip and dampener.

Also strung it in range of 53 to 58. Don't go too high & ignore 55-65 range mention on racquet.

K90 was great at everything but Ag100 gives me more freedom to swing and sometime people from other court said "wow great shot". Now I can ripe down the line forehand without any efforts. K90 was poor in that department due to weight of the racquet you have to be in position otherwise don't even try.

One has to give enough time to adjust to racquet otherwise search never ends.. learn from K90 which I used for 12-15 months and loved but knew I need something light that's it.

carlos djackal
07-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I would recommend Dnx 10 a try...

BreakPoint
07-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Yes, there were Asian K90s and K95s as well as Asian n90s and n95s. I believe the first Asian model that was introduced was the Asian PS90, right BP?
Yes, all correct.

BreakPoint
07-18-2009, 12:09 AM
asian k90 is the closest light version of that stick
Not "closest". The AK90 is the light version of the K90. :)